Yesterday, I used the Blackberry Link program with my Z10 & Classic. I hooked up both with a usb cables to my laptop. I thought I was transferring files but instead everything on my old Z10 disappeared. Poof, all gone: contacts, pictures, files, & texts all gone! Is there anything I can do to recover my stuff?

(At&T sent me a crappy phone to replace my son's 3g phone. When he authenticated it, it disabled my Z10. The store wouldn't fix it so I went home and transferred the sim card from it to my backup Classic. Thankfully, the Classic is working)
    Last edited by MsBaker2016; 09-26-21 at 11:59 PM.
    09-26-21 01:22 AM
    Do you remember what button you pressed to initiate the 'transfer'?

I think that what you were looking to do was backup one device, then restore that backup on the other device. For that you only needed one BlackBerry connected via USB at a time.
    09-26-21 08:41 AM
    I don't remember what I pushed anymore. Is there a way to get my stuff back?
    09-27-21 12:02 AM
    Don't know of any "button" that would do what your describing.... sounds like you did a wipe of your phone, and no there is no coming back from that. Maybe if you have a backup file where you used LINK to backup your phone?
    09-27-21 07:01 AM
    Don't know of any "button" that would do what your describing.... sounds like you did a wipe of your phone, and no there is no coming back from that. Maybe if you have a backup file where you used LINK to backup your phone?
    sounds correct he did a security wipe and poof its gone.
    09-27-21 07:53 AM
    And in the end, even if the Classic works now..... it won't for much longer, AT&T is thinning out these non-compatible devices. So he needs to find a replacement that isn't EOL.

But ANYONE still using BB10 should be saving all their data in an OPEN format at this point. LINK is not an acceptable backup solution.

For that matter, ANYONE using a smartphone should have a plan for the worst cases.... you lose your phone. I use two different cloud options, just to make sure my data is where I can get to it. Security does you very little if you lose information.
    09-27-21 11:35 AM