11-12-15 09:17 AM
28 12
tools
    I'm having heavy battery drain, 50 percent in a matter of 3-4 hours.

This shouldn't be happening. Also I get 2 bars when my Galaxy S5 has full 5. Even my Q10 has 5 bars.

Is this due to faulty hardware or would software be able to fix it?

If it's hardware I'll have to return it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Lacuna_a_x and xxslxx like this.
    11-10-15 11:08 PM
    Many people are reporting this but I cant say whether it is software or hardware. You would have to find another unit to put the phone next too and see
    what the db rating for strength is
    11-10-15 11:20 PM
    Can we see a screen shot for both??

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:22 PM

This shouldn't be happening. Also I get 2 bars when my Galaxy S5 has full 5. Even my Q10 has 5 bars.

I've seen alot of people complaining about this... I'm surprised a blackberry employee hasn't jumped on this yet (they've been around on the forums)
    11-10-15 11:26 PM
    I've seen alot of people complaining about this... I'm surprised a blackberry employee hasn't jumped on this yet (they've been around on the forums)
    They have, just privately. But they are looking into reports.
    Lacuna_a_x and mithrazor like this.
    11-10-15 11:55 PM
    They have, just privately. But they are looking into reports.
    That's good to know. I hope they let us know what the issue is. I'll try my device for a week to see if things get better. If not I'm hoping I can exchange it. If not, I'll just have to return it

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 02:03 AM

have you tried obtaining a new sim from your carrier sometimes its the sim cards even though i doubt it here as we have seen countless post and most videos during reviews shows the device with like one or two bars only when these same reviewers use the same sims in other phones having all bars or at least 4. maybe that is why we are delayed so bad fixing something on their end.
    11-11-15 02:07 AM
    have you tried obtaining a new sim from your carrier sometimes its the sim cards even though i doubt it here as we have seen countless post and most videos during reviews shows the device with like one or two bars only when these same reviewers use the same sims in other phones having all bars or at least 4. maybe that is why we are delayed so bad fixing something on their end.
    Well I had a micro sim in my Q10 so I went to the T-Mobile store today and got everything transferred over to a nano sim. So the sim is brand new, it shouldn't be the issue

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    11-11-15 03:16 AM
    Well I had a micro sim in my Q10 so I went to the T-Mobile store today and got everything transferred over to a nano sim. So the sim is brand new, it shouldn't be the issue

Posted via CB10
    Is it a 4G sim?
    11-11-15 03:19 AM
    Is it a 4G sim?
    Yep, 4G LTE is working on it. 60Mbps down and 40 up.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 03:44 AM
    I have been noticing this heavy drain too, I didn't even notice that until I went into battery and checked.. It really kills my battery, my classic would last many many more hours... What did they do with the antenna on this one?..

xxslxx likes this.
    11-11-15 04:29 AM
    also experiencing heavy battery drain, have had the device 5 days and battery lasts max. 6 hours.

And now have had the hub crash: fails to load new incoming emails and doesn't delete messages!

>_<!
    11-11-15 04:56 AM
    I sure hope the Verizon CDMA version does not have these issues...

The only hot phone I ever had was my HTC epic 4G I had for 1.9 weeks (returned the day before last able) - it was hot because it was constantly boosting the antenna power and resulted in poor battery and poor reception... seems similar.

My wife kept her epic and eventually a few weeks out they patched it and it helped some, and if it didn't you could swap it out for a new (refurb) phone... so, may not be all of them!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:15 AM
    I'm on my second one and am still having the same signal issues and I'm convinced that's whats killing my battery. I'm using an AT&T model. I'm thinking of returning it again and getting the unbranded version from Amazon. OP are you buy any chance using the AT&T model?
    lift likes this.
    11-11-15 06:44 AM
    I have the at&t model and my signal has been fine. When comparing the dB signal to my wife's zenfone 2, they are around the same.
    11-11-15 07:36 AM
    Try disabling "Enhanced 4G LTE" in Settings... More... Cellular Networks.
    11-11-15 07:51 AM
    My signal meter shows as weaker then my Passport, but my actual dB is the same and my speedtest results are faster.

Not convinced that the meter graphic is totally accurate.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-11-15 08:13 AM
    My signal meter shows as weaker then my Passport, but my actual dB is the same and my speedtest results are faster.

Not convinced that the meter graphic is totally accurate.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    Here's what mine was showing... although both values were dynamically changing... with neither phone being better/worse than the other.
    [Courtesy of the Advanced Signal Status app]
    Attached Thumbnails Heavy battery drain due to poor reception-privpassportlte.jpg  
    11-11-15 08:25 AM
    Are we all sure it's the signal draining battery.
    I know people that use Gmail app and hub have to kill all the syncing especially in the Gmail email app. That's sucks a ton of battery. Also lower syncing time in hub..
    Oh and lower your screen brightness

posted from my Priv!
    11-11-15 08:26 AM
    Are we all sure it's the signal draining battery.
    I know people that use Gmail app and hub have to kill all the syncing especially in the Gmail email app. That's sucks a ton of battery. Also lower syncing time in hub..
    Oh and lower your screen brightness

posted from my Priv!
    I certainly have no idea... but if you browse around the Internet... you'll see that many people have had battery drain issues from "Enhanced LTE"... people with Samsung phones, Moto phones, etc. Given that I don't "need" Enhanced LTE... I opted to disable it.
    11-11-15 08:31 AM
    Could just be a settling period. I've had updates in BB10 that have caused a significant change in battery life for a week or so and then all of the sudden it resides and the battery capacity is back to normal.

I've heard Android is inherently bad at settling in and continuous updates would certainly contribute.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    11-11-15 08:38 AM
    I am seeing the same problem. Not quite as severe. But reception seems to be affecting the responsiveness as well as heating and battery life. I did find that installing a battery management app (like UD Battery Saver) as suggested in another PRIV thread, made a notable difference.

One thing that is apparent too is that lots of Android apps demand power and bandwidth at the same time. It is not apparent that any of them are power or bandwidth sensitive. So it is up to the OS or maybe even phone firmware to mange. I fear he default for poor radio reception is to boost power use and / or increase how often the mobile network is polled for new data. I guess fiddling with the CB app in this dead zone isn't expecially bright either ;-o.

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-11-15 08:40 AM
    When we had that 3-day BB outage a few years ago, my Torch battery drained so fast that I swear I could hear a sucking noise... it was eventually diagnosed as my Torch (along with everyone else's) desperately, and repeatedly, trying to get a connection... And killing the battery in the process.

So, I do wonder myself if the poor signal and sucking battery life might be linked.
    11-11-15 08:58 AM
    I'm on my second one and am still having the same signal issues and I'm convinced that's whats killing my battery. I'm using an AT&T model. I'm thinking of returning it again and getting the unbranded version from Amazon. OP are you buy any chance using the AT&T model?
    Nope mine is straight from shopbb.

11-11-15 11:07 AM
    Purchased mine from att and I have great reception but extremely poor battery life. Att is out of stock so the can't swap one out might have to return until inventories come up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    11-11-15 12:12 PM
28 12