So far I have not seen anything about this. Can anyone who has updated to M confirm that when you are gaming on the priv that it does not heat up as much anymore?
    05-06-16 10:32 AM
    I don't know about gaming as I don't. But my heating issues have been resolved after the update. Phone would tend to heat up even with regular use while charging, that is now no longer the case.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    Matty likes this.
    05-06-16 10:43 AM
    Beta 1: Heating issues resolved. Phone fast.

Beta 2: Heating issues returned. Phone laggy and sluggish.

Which one did they release publicly? Yup, Beta 2

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-06-16 11:09 AM
    Only heating I get is when I have the charger in fast charging. Otherwise all good.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Matty likes this.
    05-06-16 11:25 AM
    No heating here , also note all phones heat under intense gaming , my phone reached Round 40 degrees Celsius when playing nova 3 .but other than that my phone is very cool . No heating and battery is good .
    05-06-16 02:17 PM
    My heating issue is still there. Will try a hard reset then observe again.
    05-07-16 03:38 AM
    Still feels the same: heating bad when gaming/browsing youtube intensively. Other than that, not too bad

05-07-16 05:05 AM
    Just bad if i charge and game at the same time. Otherwise as good as nonexistent, maybe just a little if i really push the phone quite a bit, but under normal use, the heating issue isn't there.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv or BlackBerry Passport
    Matty likes this.
    05-07-16 05:11 AM
    Browsing on chrome or news app no longer heats up the phone.

Batt consumption drops from 5% to 3.5% per hour

gaming on Vainglory still heats up the phone to 49 degree Celsius. But it seems lesser than before

05-07-16 05:23 AM
    My beta 2 (official release 570) heat and battery issues went away after a factory reset.

Hub lag persist though. Opening emails can still take 5-10 seconds to render.

05-07-16 05:51 AM
    No heating issues any more (on Beta 2).

It will get warm if I fast charge and game at the same time but not enough to cause a problem.

I've never experienced the hub lag people comment about.
    05-07-16 06:45 AM
    I'm on Beta 3 and there are absolutely no heating issues.
    05-07-16 06:46 AM
    it's fantastic, no heat, battery lasts forever

05-07-16 06:56 AM
    As stated above, no heating issues only when you are playing heavy graphical game OR when charging the phone and playing games at the same time.

05-07-16 07:34 AM
    This last round of updates has caused my phone to become a hot rocket of molten lava. Not sure what's going on. Getting 4 hours now.... something is causing this to spin out of control... bah.
    05-07-16 08:41 AM
    I'm on Beta 3 and the heating issues have greatly been deduced... It still gets warm during certain functions, but not any warmer than the next Android completing similar tasks... I have been very pleased with Marshmallow on the Priv in respects to the heating issues as well as battery life... The device is also noticeably 'peppier' than before as well... So far so good... Now, a few tweaks to the Hub and Productivity Tab and we're getting somewhere awesome finally...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 12:18 PM
    I'm on Beta 3 and the heating issues have greatly been deduced... It still gets warm during certain functions, but not any warmer than the next Android completing similar tasks... I have been very pleased with Marshmallow on the Priv in respects to the heating issues as well as battery life... The device is also noticeably 'peppier' than before as well... So far so good... Now, a few tweaks to the Hub and Productivity Tab and we're getting somewhere awesome finally...

Posted via CB10
    Question about these beta versions (even if slightly off topic).

So, obviously the beta test can continue as BB tweaks stuff. If you want to drop out, you'd get locked in at Beta XX or, maybe the Official release version.

How do these various betas compare to the official? Which beta is official (other than bebug code)?
    05-07-16 12:49 PM
    Question about these beta versions (even if slightly off topic).

So, obviously the beta test can continue as BB tweaks stuff. If you want to drop out, you'd get locked in at Beta XX or, maybe the Official release version.

How do these various betas compare to the official? Which beta is official (other than bebug code)?
    AAE570 is the 'official release' which makes Beta #2 the 'official'... Beta #1 was AAE534 and those participants were upgraded to Beta #2 ie AAE570... Beta #3 is truly still a Beta, and directed towards T-Mobile and STV100-3 Privs and is AAE723... Whether or not this will be the 'official release' for these devices or if we'll get another update is not yet known, but other than T-Mobile's WFC, the build feels solid to me... Time will only tell here though...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-07-16 01:04 PM
    Heating bouts of my device has reduced but not eliminated completely .
    05-08-16 12:12 AM
    No heat, except when I'm updating/installing something through Google Play. But I reported that one.
    05-08-16 12:36 AM
    Beta 1: Heating issues resolved. Phone fast.

Beta 2: Heating issues returned. Phone laggy and sluggish.

Which one did they release publicly? Yup, Beta 2

Agreed. I am on Beta 2 and the heat and sluggishness has returned. I hope they resolve these issues quickly. I think it was more of the app updates from May 5th that ruined things the most.
    05-08-16 09:20 AM
    Agreed. I am on Beta 2 and the heat and sluggishness has returned. I hope they resolve these issues quickly. I think it was more of the app updates from May 5th that ruined things the most.
    Beta 2 was fine for me until those app updates, then it all went sideways and hot as lava.
    kfehling likes this.
    05-08-16 09:25 AM