So I was watching this video:

As it appears the Snapdragon processor is actually supposed to dissipate heat towards the metal slider body rather than the back. So for some of the heat issue i'm wondering if it's bad paste, like how it was on some Intel processors? Maybe better paste may help.
    kotta likes this.
    12-03-15 11:24 AM
    Hello, I know you posted this a very long time ago, so I was just wondering if you were able to replace the thermal paste and got a cooler phone. I'm thinking about doing this.
    05-11-17 05:39 PM
    Hello, I know you posted this a very long time ago, so I was just wondering if you were able to replace the thermal paste and got a cooler phone. I'm thinking about doing this.
    There is no magic thermal paste! The factory one does the job already. There is little you can do with SD808, especially the carbon fiber back cover is thin so heat is easily felt.

At least with the slider mechanism, you can open the slider to improve ventilation lol
    anon(9710735) and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-11-17 06:45 PM
    Overheating is a symptom of an overactive processor. Find out which app(s) are working overtime, restrict their functionality by denying permissions, and your heat problems will vanish.

Most overheating issues are caused by constant syncing and GPS. Limiting contacts sync and location permissions usually does the job.
    stlabrat, FF22 and BigBadWulf like this.
    05-13-17 10:17 AM
    I think blackberry made the Priv too thin. I get overheating with my Verizon Priv every couple of months. Typically it happens when downloading updates from the play store or doing a lot of Web surfing. I like the Priv, but I think I will give the keyone a try toward the end of the year.
    05-14-17 09:23 AM
    May be you can use a liquid metal thermal paste with exceptional high thermal conductivity. One such paste is Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut
    06-18-18 08:01 AM
    May be you can use a liquid metal thermal paste with exceptional high thermal conductivity.
    There is no magic thermal paste! The factory one does the job already.
    Time to call this thread closed.
    06-18-18 08:16 AM