Factory reset is the key! I think due to different OTA updates made in the past, there were some glitches in the OS which leads to heating! Mine got warm whe I was looking to anything that push the gpu, i.e 1080p YouTube videos etc,

I was hesitant to do it, because I was afraid to loose my data, settings, etc. But finally the only data it won't save is the note! I copied manually all the files that I wanted to keep, then in order to recover all the settings from Hub etc.

I downloaded a video screen app then recorded myself riding through all the menu and so on. To be able to get it back as they were.

Exported some settings with BlackBerry transfer, it work even if you keep the same phone though! However the android version doesn't transfer note and task

To recover my notes, I did it from BlackBerry transfer from my passport, thus I got just my old note.

So far so happy, the battery life is good and no heat issue anymore

Greetings from France!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 12:58 PM
    Well, I tried this myself the other day, as a few people have made this suggestion, and while I can say that perhaps the phone doesn't get as warm during typical use as it used to, and it seems like it might run a bit more smoothly, when I'm gaming with particularly resource-heavy games like pokemon go, the phone still gets up to around 70C CPU temp. So, if you're having heat issues on a normal, daily use basis, then go for the reset, but if you only notice it while doing really resource heavy stuff, this won't help :/
    08-04-16 01:15 PM
    Well, I tried this myself the other day, as a few people have made this suggestion, and while I can say that perhaps the phone doesn't get as warm during typical use as it used to, and it seems like it might run a bit more smoothly, when I'm gaming with particularly resource-heavy games like pokemon go, the phone still gets up to around 70C CPU temp. So, if you're having heat issues on a normal, daily use basis, then go for the reset, but if you only notice it while doing really resource heavy stuff, this won't help :/
    Indeed

08-04-16 01:18 PM
    I was having lots of heating issues. Simple web browsing was causing the phone to get really hot and giving me warnings. Even when the phone was unused in my pocket it was getting hot.

Did a full factory reset and it helped a lot. I still feel it get warm at times like in the post mentioned above, but nothing at all like it was. I think part of it is also the fact that I'm not using a case with this phone. So any heating of the back is going to be felt.
    08-06-16 07:58 PM
    Is this a BlackBerry thing or Android thing?

08-06-16 09:52 PM
    It depends on the phone. I've had many different android phones. I've found that Samsung devices like the S7, S7 edge and note series all work perfect out of the box with minimal tinkering. This is probably why they're tops in market share. They build great phones. Other devices need some massaging to get working perfect. This seems to be one of those phones.

Good news is after a bunch of tinkering, I got the phone just as I wanted and working great.
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-07-16 06:47 AM
    Also invest in a back cover. I've got the office book cover and have hardly thought of heating issues.

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    08-08-16 01:14 AM