I test the PRIV since Nov.2016.

I recognize some apps they heating up the PRIV extremely. I've got some messages that my phone is too hot. That's not a good sign :/

These Apps heating up my Priv :
    - Instagram : storys or live option.
    - Youtube Videos
    - Snapchat
    - Facebook or Metal App
    - WhatsApp picture / video sending option
    - taking pictures or Video in 4K or FullHD with 60fps
    - writing in the Crackberry App this comment xD
    - Youtube Studio
    - Netflix
    - Facebook Pages
    - Google Playstore
    - Barcoo

Have anyone these problems?

My Priv gettin so hot that i put it in the icebox xD

System: newest Android 6 and security update. App up to date.

Cheers
    And sorry for my bad english
    02-21-17 02:40 AM
    Your english is great.

Do you run many apps open in the background?
    02-21-17 04:28 AM
    Your english is great.

Do you run many apps open in the background?
    Thanks

No. I close every app in the task manager
    02-21-17 04:30 AM
    I apologize because I am not familiar with android. Does battery drain fast? If so, is there a way you can see which apps are using battery most?
    02-21-17 05:38 AM
    I apologize because I am not familiar with android. Does battery drain fast? If so, is there a way you can see which apps are using battery most?
    Yes. Battery drain fast. Very, fast. In 5 minutes 5-10%.

And i understand you. Android is also nothing for me but i try it

BB10 is the best OS

Battery drain comes from the Display (it's lower than middle brightness)
    Android OS and the Apps
    02-21-17 06:00 AM
    I have most of those apps mention above and I don't have any issues on heating up, also the battery life last me all day.... I don't have Facebook or SnapChat maybe you should start there
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-21-17 06:30 AM
    Snapchat use is less then 5 minutes. Just for testing the app. I'm not a heavy user

Facebook Metal App is good without video play.

I restart my Priv a lot of time. But the problem still there.
    02-21-17 06:36 AM
    I suggest delete apps one at a time to discover which is causing this problem. Again, I don't know much about android. Someone with better knowledge will reply.
    02-21-17 06:49 AM
    I suggest delete apps one at a time to discover which is causing this problem. Again, I don't know much about android. Someone with better knowledge will reply.
    Thank you
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-21-17 06:53 AM
    Same thing here. Can lose 5-10% battery in less than 10 minutes and all I do is plain browsing. Battery just says display is only usage. Heat has been bad the last few days. This has occurred off and on since I got it in November but been really bad for about 1-2 weeks.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-21-17 07:08 AM
    Yes I would do what Tim-ANC is suggesting, I'm new on the android platform myself , but i can tell you what I see so far..
    02-21-17 07:09 AM
    Same thing here. Can lose 5-10% battery in less than 10 minutes and all I do is plain browsing. Battery just says display is only usage. Heat has been bad the last few days. This has occurred off and on since I got it in November but been really bad for about 1-2 weeks.
    Yes. I think this issue is since the last Hub and Android security Update. -.- not cool
    02-21-17 07:21 AM
    Snapchat, FaceBook, WhatsApp and I'm pretty sure FaceBook Pages, all run in the background, even if you close them, they are still running, using data and checking your location.
    Start by uninstalling any of these you can live without.
    Then open settings > data usage, scroll through the apps near the bottom - any app that does not need to be logging onto the cellular network and doing stuff while the app is closed you are not using it. Tap on that app and turn 'Restrict app background data' to ON

Then go into settings > apps, scroll through all of those, any app that does not need to know where you are, tap it, then tap where it says 'Permissions' then turn location OFF.
    While you are doing that, might as well disable all the stuff you don't use, like 'Google Pinyin Input', and any app that you might have replaced with something else.

If you aren't really familiar with this stuff, you might want to write down what you did disable or turn off, so you can turn it back on if you did the wrong thing.

Then go into settings > Location > 3 dot menu, (upper right) > Scanning, and toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning to OFF.

These 3 things should help a lot with battery life and heat.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-22-17 04:53 PM
    Snapchat, FaceBook, WhatsApp and I'm pretty sure FaceBook Pages, all run in the background, even if you close them, they are still running, using data and checking your location.
    Start by uninstalling any of these you can live without.
    Then open settings > data usage, scroll through the apps near the bottom - any app that does not need to be logging onto the cellular network and doing stuff while the app is closed you are not using it. Tap on that app and turn 'Restrict app background data' to ON

Then go into settings > apps, scroll through all of those, any app that does not need to know where you are, tap it, then tap where it says 'Permissions' then turn location OFF.
    While you are doing that, might as well disable all the stuff you don't use, like 'Google Pinyin Input', and any app that you might have replaced with something else.

If you aren't really familiar with this stuff, you might want to write down what you did disable or turn off, so you can turn it back on if you did the wrong thing.

Then go into settings > Location > 3 dot menu, (upper right) > Scanning, and toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning to OFF.

These 3 things should help a lot with battery life and heat.
    Thx for the Tipps.

I still closed the Apps also in the App Manager.

I will try the location settings. But I think my Priv can handle this normal smartphone things. I heard a lot of things about this heat problem but then I think it's a blackberry programming error / bug.

I reply after testing this settings
    02-23-17 12:42 AM
    After I changed the settings for App Background data usage and location settings my Priv still getting hot

Normal use : write an email in the HUB or sending a picture with whatsapp makes the PRIV hot. That's annoying me.

-.-
    02-23-17 01:08 AM
    That's not good, you prob need to run an autoloader, completely wipe the OS and start clean.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    02-23-17 06:25 AM
    That's not good, you prob need to run an autoloader, completely wipe the OS and start clean.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    Thx. But a installation with an autoloader ist nothing for me. I think i use my Priv till it explode

Or i wait for the Android 7 Update
    02-23-17 06:31 AM
    I have most of those apps mention above and I don't have any issues on heating up, also the battery life last me all day.... I don't have Facebook or SnapChat maybe you should start there
    I'm in the same boat. Some of these apps cause minor heating issues, but not getting the overheating message like the OP. Seems like something may be off with your phone. Would you consider a fresh install of the OS?
    02-23-17 06:46 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Some of these apps cause minor heating issues, but not getting the overheating message like the OP. Seems like something may be off with your phone. Would you consider a fresh install of the OS?
    Yes. I do a fresh install for the second time. The heat issue comes again and again. Also I send my Priv back for a repair. But after 2 weeks it starts again.
    I don't install new apps or change system configuration.

:/
    02-23-17 06:56 AM
    Yip, thats the best option. Slowly delete Apps and see which one was causing the problem, I don't have any issues with heating and Apps causing problems. There was an issue with Facebook but i think that was fixed with newer versions.

writing in the Crackberry App this comment xD
    Something must be running in the background thats hogging CPU power. Posting a comment in the Crackberry App DEFINITELY would not cause even the slightest bit of heating. Hopefully you find the cause of the issue soon.
    02-23-17 07:59 AM
    Yip, thats the best option. Slowly delete Apps and see which one was causing the problem, I don't have any issues with heating and Apps causing problems. There was an issue with Facebook but i think that was fixed with newer versions.

Something must be running in the background thats hogging CPU power. Posting a comment in the Crackberry App DEFINITELY would not cause even the slightest bit of heating. Hopefully you find the cause of the issue soon.
    I search for the issue and i report you
    02-23-17 09:09 AM
    We all know BlackBerry had a lot of QC issues, especially at first. There are enough 'uncurable' heating issues that I suspect bad batteries and/or power regulators are included in there.
    And batteries are damaged by heat, so if you let it get hot too many times, or. for a long enough period of time, you could irreversibly damage it.
    02-23-17 09:32 AM
    We all know BlackBerry had a lot of QC issues, especially at first. There are enough 'uncurable' heating issues that I suspect bad batteries and/or power regulators are included in there.
    And batteries are damaged by heat, so if you let it get hot too many times, or. for a long enough period of time, you could irreversibly damage it.
    thats not good. But when my priv got damaged - i use my passport BB10 is really better than this android os. Its ok but to slow and laggy for me.
    02-23-17 09:48 AM
    thats not good. But when my priv got damaged - i use my passport BB10 is really better than this android os. Its ok but to slow and laggy for me.
    BB10 is definitely a better and smoother OS, but, no apps. It's dying so your choices going forward are, Android, iOS and (maybe) Windows.
    02-23-17 09:58 AM
    BB10 is definitely a better and smoother OS, but, no apps. It's dying so your choices going forward are, Android, iOS and (maybe) Windows.
    Yes i know. But on my Passport, the most Android Apps from APK4Blackberry.com run very good

But for the Future - BB10 is dying slowly

After the Priv i will buy an iPhone or a Nokia 3310
    02-24-17 05:17 AM
46 12