So you're deductible was $100.00 or $250.00?

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    12-15-15 12:44 PM
    I just got my new case for it on Friday. This morning it flew out of my jacket pocket and hit the floor. The screen is all cracked. Thankfully it still works.

So what do I do now? What's my best course of action????? I'm in Ottawa, FYI. Do I send it to BB for repair? One of those shops that fixes phones? I have the insurance through Bell but the deductible is $100+.
    Sorry for your misfortune, but I'm wondering how beat-up your device actually looks now? You have a pic?
    That really sux that your screen is broken now, ESPECIALLY since you said you used the hard shell case. WTF.
    12-15-15 01:51 PM
    Pics or it didnt happen

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 02:20 PM
    Pics or it didnt happen

Posted via CB10
    You are that guy huh? Same guy everywhere on twitter/facebook/forums.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-15-15 02:27 PM
    It was on, it's the BB sliding case. the phone landed flat on it's back.
    This?
    ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Slide-Out Hard Shell, Black

Maybe I need to take mine out of it then.. i've dropped it 4-5 times but usually on the corners. I have this now too.
    12-15-15 02:30 PM
    Big fan of insurance especially for the price tag of the Priv!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-15-15 02:35 PM
    Better just get a brand new one as a replacement and I would have checked with BlackBerry before posting as they might have a BlackBerry care or protection plan in place for such cases and new devices are just warranted for shattered or broken screens as is with other manufacturers. You might have to pay but I would assume the first 90 days is free of charge.. just my guess

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 02:58 PM
    Well... Karma, I guess, even though I never delighted in your misfortune. The same thing happened to me but I'm in a worse predicament.

Local Screen Repair is unable to get parts for the Priv.

BlackBerry Support was worthless. I didn't even want a free service or exchange; I simply wanted to know if I could send it in for repair on my dime. I'm guessing they have no Internal Repairs Department or equivalent. Instead, they said I need to speak with the seller (Amazon) and ask about Warranty Options.

Haven't contacted Amazon yet, but not quite sure what to say or expect. I'm pessimistic that they're going to be willing to help me out for something like this.

I don't have BlackBerry Care and never signed up for it, but that was because I have Assurant and they sent a letter saying that my protection plan covered my new device. The problem here is that they don't list the Priv on their website, which means if I call this one in, they're likely going to send me an iPhone as a replacement. That means no more BlackBerry.

The strangest thing about this case is that while I dropped the phone, the only sign of damage was an annoyingly scuffed corner. However, a little over an hour later, as I was talking on the phone I heard a pop. When I looked at the screen, there was the dreaded deep crack going across like a lengthy crack on a windshield. So for some odd reason, the universe delayed the cracking of the screen, waiting for me to feel lucky so that it could spite me. The good news, if you want to call it that, is that it is fully functional, including every area of the touchscreen. The crack cannot be felt.

12-21-15 11:15 PM
    Same thing happened to me recently, my deductible is $200 through Rogers device protection! Gonna give them a call later this week to get replacement processed.

12-21-15 11:41 PM
    Jeez louise the deductible is $250!
    Wow that's a lot. In addition to this deductible, how much are you paying for the insurance coverage?
    12-22-15 04:37 AM
    Unfortunately the insurance or sending it to BlackBerry are probably your only options. I doubt local repair shops will have priv screens yet.

That said.. I'm very surprised to hear the screen shattered that easily.. The priv has gorilla glass 4.. Is that stuff supposed to be a lot more resilient? I wasn't even going to get a screen protector on this one but I'm rethinking that now.

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted using my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 09:27 AM
    With the insurance, at least they do provide a replacement device (which is likely new at this point) as far as I understand it. I passed on my carrier's insurance plan and ended up dropping my phone, while carrying it on top of a coffee. I got lucky and no damage suffered, though I did have a screen protector that was applied by best buy geeks. Maybe it does help after all?
    12-22-15 10:24 AM
    Unfortunately the insurance or sending it to BlackBerry are probably your only options.
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry support never extended that option to me. It was worthless.

12-22-15 11:38 AM
    Heart broken, dropped my Priv....-img_20151222_141835.jpg

Mine has been out of the box for roughly 2hrs.. I feel your pain, not as badly, but I understand

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-22-15 01:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151222_141835.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	385353

Mine has been out of the box for roughly 2hrs.. I feel your pain, not as badly, but I understand

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    How did that happened?

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    12-22-15 02:58 PM
    How did that happened?

Well I left the protective plastic on the back and it turns out it gets pretty slippery... so I dropped it and it just so happened to land on the edge of my metal bed frame

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry PRIV
    12-22-15 08:21 PM
    Well I left the protective plastic on the back and it turns out it gets pretty slippery... so I dropped it and it just so happened to land on the edge of my metal bed frame

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry PRIV
    Oops!

12-22-15 08:55 PM
42 12