I've read a few reviews now, I made sure I peeked into the obvious pro and obvious anti-Priv reviews sites. The trend i have noticed the most is the obvious choice to steer clear of comparing the Priv's pros with the Iphones cons. But, many reviewers feel comfortable comparing the Iphones pro's to the Priv's perceived cons.
    Example, reviewers will compare the camera's .General consensus is the the iphone has a good camera, so they show Iphone photos and then show Priv photos. Sounds fair, right? But nobody compares the HD screens, the iphone is $1000 and the screen is good, but not stellar, I have yet to see someone compare the virtual keyboards, hmmm. Nobody slams the less then stellar battery life of the iphone vs this device. But what we do know, the camera is not as good and oh ya, it's expensive.
    Hmmmm.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-06-15 07:50 PM
    There is a lot of pro apple bias in the tech media. The iPhone has a lot of weaknesses that glossed over when doing these types reviews . The Privs success isn't going to depend on tech blogs reviews so I don't worry about it
    11-06-15 08:17 PM
    The way to think about this is that it is like a title fight - nobody instantly compared you to the champ - once BBRY had beat Sony, htc, ztc, huawui, Asus, Motorola then and only then they get to take on Samsung and if and when they bear Samsung people will compare and contrast with apple.

Until that point nobody is going to compare a company that sells in three months what the other sells in one morning together - it's just not realistic.
    11-06-15 08:32 PM
    I've read a few reviews now, I made sure I peeked into the obvious pro and obvious anti-Priv reviews sites. The trend i have noticed the most is the obvious choice to steer clear of comparing the Priv's pros with the Iphones cons. But, many reviewers feel comfortable comparing the Iphones pro's to the Priv's perceived cons.
    Example, reviewers will compare the camera's .General consensus is the the iphone has a good camera, so they show Iphone photos and then show Priv photos. Sounds fair, right? But nobody compares the HD screens, the iphone is $1000 and the screen is good, but not stellar, I have yet to see someone compare the virtual keyboards, hmmm. Nobody slams the less then stellar battery life of the iphone vs this device. But what we do know, the camera is not as good and oh ya, it's expensive.
    Hmmmm.
    Because you have options with virtual keyboards on the iPhone that are as good as the Priv's (The Priv virtual keyboard isn't as good as the BB10 keyboard and needs some updates). Don't go rushing into battery life claims, mine has been awful so far on the Priv.
    11-06-15 08:51 PM
    Yeah, and virtually nobody praises Priv for its expandable storage- which the lack thereof in a phone have almost everyone complain about all the time. You'd quicky see in reviews the headphone jack being at the bottom as a "con" than see the expandable storage feature as a "pro". SMFH
    11-06-15 09:02 PM