I got my Priv on November 12 in time to take it on a trip to really put it to the test. I flew to NC to attend my brothers wedding so I took a lot of pictures and boarding planes surfing the net blah blah blah. So far there are things I like about the Priv and there are things I don't. But most of them are already listed up here on the forum so I really don't want to list them all again after lots of other people have. But as you can see in the pictures the back of the phone is not staying clipped in the side of the phone. On both sides all the way up. As you can see I can slip a thick piece of paper in there. I noticed it when I held it it seemed to creak. I thought it was a little play in the sliding mechanism. But upon further inspection I found that indeed the side was not staying clipped in. This is a moisture and dust issue. So I am going to take it back and get another Priv. If the next one does the same I will get another android phone and wait a while for BlackBerry to work some of the kinks out. But other than that the only other thing I don't like is how cheap the keys on the side of the phone are. They don't stand off from the side very far and have little feedback like my iPhone buttons did or even on my Passport.

Have to return this Priv.-img_20151117_180149.jpg
    Have to return this Priv.-img_20151117_180025.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 06:22 PM
    Man, this isn't the BlackBerry I've grown to love. I don't know why they are having so many hardware issues. It's unfortunate.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 06:24 PM
    Painful to watch all these QC failures
    11-17-15 06:27 PM
    there's a solution to this...have you tried popping back in? Although I would of returned it aswell.

How can BlackBerry release this with a fault like that? Surely they'd notice....****

Posted via Z30
    11-17-15 06:33 PM
    there's a solution to this...have you tried popping back in? Although I would of returned it aswell.

How can BlackBerry release this with a fault like that? Surely they'd notice....****

Posted via Z30
    I did push it back in. Then is doesn't stay tight. It creaks when I hold the phone. It didn't come like this. It has emerged over the past 24 hours. Actually I just noticed the creaking today and took a better look at it and realized what it was. Also when I squeeze it, it flexes out too. There is kinda a dead spot on the back where it is squishy. I saw that mentioned in the Android Central review of the Priv. I think that dead space along with the flexible woven glass is contributing to it. Almost like the back is slightly too big.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:05 PM
    11-17-15 07:07 PM
    Man, this isn't the BlackBerry I've grown to love. I don't know why they are having so many hardware issues. It's unfortunate.

Posted via CB10
    Uh they have been having hardware issues since the release of the Z10 up to the Passport.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-17-15 07:29 PM
    Uh they have been having hardware issues since the release of the Z10 up to the Passport.
    I have personally never had any hardware issues with any BlackBerry I have ever owned. The Priv is the first. My Passport, 2 Z10s, and many curves and pearl even the really old ones with the scroll wheel on the side. Never had any issues. It's OK. Out of all the BlackBerry phones I have owned, only one I have to return.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:38 PM
    I posted a new thread because it is a unique problem and I am not dumping the phone, just exchanging it. If I decided to switch to a different phone I will post there.

Posted via CB10
    JORENO likes this.
    11-17-15 07:40 PM
    OP, the problem you describe may be new but the topic is "Have to return the priv".
    So please, follow-up in the sticky thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hread-1046723/

Could be a post about HW issue (with another title) but it seems that you don't need assistance, since you choose (and I believe that's 100% legit, I would do the same) to ask for an exchange (which BTW is not equal to "return" the device).

Thank you.
    11-18-15 03:53 AM