Hey guys,

So I have a few questions to ask. Some of these in regards to people who have used the passport before moving to the priv.

1) Overall performance of priv speed wise etc compared to passport?

2) Has marshmallow fixed the priv and made it even better?

3) What phone would you say the priv is similar in speed to, just so I have an idea

4) Overall battery life? How much sot do you normally get?

5) How fluent is gaming on the device. Is it smooth or are there hickups. (how does Pok�mon go run on the device haha?)

6) The phone supports qc 2.0, meaning it should charge at a similar rate to the samsung phones?

7) Does the att unlocked priv selling on ebay a good one to get in Canada? Or will I not be able to download marshmallow?

Just want to get an idea, as I've been looking at this phone for awhile now waiting for the mercury to release.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    08-09-16 05:13 PM
    Hey guys,

So I have a few questions to ask. Some of these in regards to people who have used the passport before moving to the priv.

3) What phone would you say the priv is similar in speed to, just so I have an idea

5) How fluent is gaming on the device. Is it smooth or are there hickups. (how does Pok�mon go run on the device haha?)

6) The phone supports qc 2.0, meaning it should charge at a similar rate to the samsung phones?

7) Does the att unlocked priv selling on ebay a good one to get in Canada? Or will I not be able to download marshmallow?

Just want to get an idea, as I've been looking at this phone for awhile now waiting for the mercury to release.

I was upgraded from my passport through a warranty program..
    The speed is comparable between the passport and the priv. I havent had an android phone, so it was an os learning curve for me.
    Battery life is significantly less than what I had with my passport. Then again, I am using the phone more with all of the native apps that are available with no hiccups.
    For battery life I usually get a whole day use with mixed use. (But by the end of the day I absolutely need to plug it in).
    As for gaming, for all of the games I have played they have all been smooth. Haven't noticed any lag or hanging.
    I havent played pokemon on it to be honest.
    The as for att I'm not sure. If it's unlocked I would imagine you should be able to get marshmallow (dont quote me on that tho).
    Not all the questions, but what I have noticed with the phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-09-16 11:43 PM
    I'm a moderate user, (which I'll admit is rather subjective) end of day, 12 to 14 hours, I normally have more than 40% left.
    BUT, you will most likely need to adjust a lot of settings to achieve this. Android phones, and the apps for them have every single feature turned ON by default. So there is a LOT of background stuff going on, including data usage, most of which is unnecessary. There are some apps that are really hard on battery, FaceBook and WhatsApp prob being the most common battery hogs.

Yes - BTW, I love the wireless charging. It is slower. Since I get through the day with no issues, I just toss it on the charger at bed time, and it's good in the morning.

It should work fine on Canadian carriers. Marshmallow is available. But future OS and Security updates will be problematic.You will only be able to get what AT&T releases, (and when) and they are known for being behind and/or not releasing.
    Even when and if AT&T releases, you will need an active AT&T SIM to get the release, OR, use an autoloader, which will wipe all your personal stuff.

If you do get a Priv, I'd recommend not downloading a bunch of apps at once. Do them one at a time, and wait a couple of days to see if they are battery hogs, or cause other problems. Then download another and do the same.
    If you go for a bunch at once, odds are pretty good you will get a bad app, and be back here saying your battery won't even last half a day.

I'm coming from a Z10, not Passport, many ex PP users say it takes a while to get used to the keyboard, most seem to conclude it's at least OK. I suspect you'll find yourself using the VKB for short stuff, the VKB is excellent.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-16 08:16 AM
    Pogo runs just fine on the phone, but of course heat is a problem, which is a problem for almost every phone out there with this game due to how power-intensive it is. That said, you'll also want a power bank if you're planning on seriously playing pogo at all, as the battery lasts maybe 3-4 hours of constant go playing. As far as other games go, I haven't seen one yet that hasn't run perfectly fine on the Priv, unless it happens to get too hot and starts underclocking the CPU to reduce the heat.
    08-10-16 10:19 AM
    I have a very smooth passport experience that's why I ask. If the priv is just as speedy I'll be happy. I'll have a power bank with me and qc 2.0 always there for a quicker charge when playing pogo. I don't play much, I browse cb, reddit, whatsapp and some Web browsing. For that I hope the battery lasts the day.

Thanks guys for answering all the questions.

Oh and what ever happened to blackberry working on a patch in June to fix the att update issue allowing anyone to update regardless if there with att or not?

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-w...-using-att-sim

Last edited by samtronswt; 08-11-16 at 10:22 AM.
    08-11-16 10:12 AM
    1 slower
    2 no
    3 not enough
    4 no games
    6 charges faster with a qc charger but can't comlare
    7 ATT may need ATT SIM for mm

Hey guys,

08-11-16 10:21 AM
    I have a very smooth passport experience that's why I ask. If the priv is just as speedy I'll be happy. I'll have a power bank with me and qc 2.0 always there for a quicker charge when playing pogo. I don't play much, I browse cb, reddit, whatsapp and some Web browsing. For that I hope the battery lasts the day.

Thanks guys for answering all the questions.

Oh and what ever happened to blackberry working on a patch in June to fix the att update issue allowing anyone to update regardless if there with att or not?

BlackBerry working to allow updates on unlocked AT&T branded Priv's when not using AT&T SIM | CrackBerry.com

Oh, yeah, for that sort of usage you should have no trouble. That's similar to the usage I had with my Priv prior to pogo happening, and I was usually no less than 60% by the end of the day with 3-4hrs of SOT. But, it really all entirely depends on the sorts of apps you choose to use, as not all apps are created equally, and while some might seem like a good idea, more often than not, they've been found to make things worse, not better. An example of this would be an app that kills tasks. Android is designed in such a way that unless an app actually hangs or crashes, you never need to kill it in order to free up resources or anything, it frees those things up on its own based on how you interact with apps, and by mass killing apps all the time, you're forcing the system to work harder to re-spawn the apps that should still be running regardless, and it also messes with its ability to learn how you interact with apps.
    08-11-16 12:40 PM
    The overall performance is much better, especially when you're comparing Android apps ;-)

I didn't notice a lot of changes, but the battery life is definitely better.
    I can get 2 days easily, sometimes 2 and a half or even 3 if it's weekend and I use the phone less.

My screen brightness is always 100%, I turned off adaptive brightness (it drains the battery very quickly), I turned off all Google services I don't need, like Gmail, because the mail is retrieved by Hub anyway, and I declined background activity of all the apps that were abusing it.

Don't know, it's just super fast.

2-3 days like I said earlier.

I don't play games but I was curious as well, so I tested The Sims, some flight and racing simulators and it was all good, no hickups.

It takes about 1,5 h to full charge, but most of the time even less if it's not drained completely. Every Priv owner have to buy a quick charger. It's a must have.

You should buy unlocked phones only. You'll get the updates earlier and these phones are not branded by network providers. Actually the only problem with updates is with branded phones and carriers, like AT&T.
    I buy unlocked phones from more than 6 years, and from 4 years I don't have any slave contracts. Only prepaid!
    Unlocked phone + prepaid SIM is the only way to go for a free person.

I know a contract means cheaper phone, but then you're becoming a slave, so it's not really cheaper.
    08-11-16 05:53 PM