Just a question and I don't believe that I've heard any news on this feature at all yet. It's one of the many pros and cons I'm trying to weigh out (and constantly going back an forth) between letting go of my Classic and jumping to the Priv.

The Quick Replies are a great way to answer a quick message without skipping a beat; another underrated feature of BB10 that keeps things moving as efficiently as possible. Is this something that has been brought over to Android yet? I suspect with the Hub not having fully integrated text messages that this is not likely there either but I'm still hopeful. And, if not, is there an Android App solution to help fill that 'BB-fficiency' gap?
    03-24-16 03:11 PM
    If you mean toast notifications that you can respond to from the top of the screen, Android has that and therefore the priv has since release.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-16 03:54 PM
    Dump the stock Messenger app, install YAATA or Textra, and you will have several different options for quick reply, although they are not called that.

Seems like half the learning curve with Android is the terminology, like 'toast' and 'chat heads'
    03-24-16 04:00 PM
    If you mean toast notifications that you can respond to from the top of the screen, Android has that and therefore the priv has since release.

Yes, that would be what I mean. So, just to be clear, these "toast" notifications pop up regardless of whether or not you are within an app and you can respond without having to exit your current screen?

That is great news!
    03-24-16 09:34 PM
    No. Incorrect. You can't answer from the pop-up. You have to tap it and it opens whatever app you're using. It's not like BlackBerry 10.

03-24-16 10:10 PM
    No. Incorrect. You can't answer from the pop-up. You have to tap it and it opens whatever app you're using. It's not like BlackBerry 10.

On YAATA, you can reply direct from the toast, without opening the YAATA app. Reply hit send and it closes, or just close it to ignore. Can't speak for other apps.

"Yes, that would be what I mean. So, just to be clear, these "toast" notifications pop up regardless of whether or not you are within an app and you can respond without having to exit your current screen? "
    Thats how mine was set up, decided I didn't like it so I changed it.
    03-24-16 10:16 PM
    On YAATA, you can reply direct from the toast, without opening the YAATA app. Reply hit send and it closes, or just close it to ignore. Can't speak for other apps.

"Yes, that would be what I mean. So, just to be clear, these "toast" notifications pop up regardless of whether or not you are within an app and you can respond without having to exit your current screen? "
    Thats how mine was set up, decided I didn't like it so I changed it.
    On any app that has the option you can reply directly from the toast notifications eg Messenger or textra or BBM etc.

03-24-16 10:29 PM

Hangouts has this. In Android the burden of developing this is on the app.
    03-24-16 11:09 PM
    Why don't we just tell the guy which apps we know for a fact will do that he wants on a Priv.
    Yaata - Yes
    Hangouts - Yes, per Tony above
    Stock Messenger - ?
    Textra - ?
    Others - ?

Might not hurt to mention Hub integration
    Yaata - Very Good
    Textra - Fair (might be better now, haven't used it in a while)
    Stock Messenger - poor (judging by many other posts here)
    Hangouts - ?
    Others - ?

I'm using Yaata, because I also use a blue tooth ear piece, and it will tell me "New text from Jimmy Carter". It will also read the text to me if I wish, I don't. (BTW, it knows how to pronounce the F word and some others).
    So if I'm on top of a ladder working with both hands, or kicked back on the porch surfing the web, I know I got a text and who from. It's up to me to decide if I want to do anything about it right then or later.
    And it's extremely rare for me to open the app, I do most everything directly from the Hub.

Wish you guys could edit this
    03-25-16 07:24 AM
    Why don't we just tell the guy which apps we know for a fact will do that he wants on a Priv.
    Yaata - Yes
    Stock Messenger - ?
    Textra - ?
    Others - ?

Yaata - Very Good
    Hangouts - ?
    Others - ?

I'm using Yaata, because I also use a blue tooth ear piece, and it will tell me "New text from Jimmy Carter". It will also read the text to me if I wish, I don't. (BTW, it knows how to pronounce the F word and some others).
    So if I'm on top of a ladder working with both hands, or kicked back on the porch surfing the web, I know I got a text and who from. It's up to me to decide if I want to do anything about it right then or later.
    And it's extremely rare for me to open the app, I do most everything directly from the Hub.

Appreciate your post and addition. I too like yaata but use its basic functions. I like the hit enter to send function on keyboard

my first foray into droidlandia
    03-25-16 09:19 AM
    Give Floatify a look
    03-25-16 12:25 PM
    Can you add yaata to BlackBerry Hub?

03-25-16 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the info. It would mostly be for text messages and BBM. Is Yaata basically a 3rd party SMS manager then?
    03-25-16 02:17 PM
    Yaata - Yes
    Stock Messenger - ?
    Textra - ?
    Others - ?

Yaata - Very Good
    Hangouts - ?
    Others - ?

The stock Messenger has quick replies.

03-25-16 07:01 PM
    Thanks for the info. It would mostly be for text messages and BBM. Is Yaata basically a 3rd party SMS manager then?
    They are all apps, Messenger just happens to be the one preloaded.
    03-25-16 07:20 PM
    Can you add yaata to BlackBerry Hub?

What ever you have selected as default SMS is what the Hub will use.
    03-25-16 07:21 PM
    I like the hit enter to send function on keyboard
    Something I greatly miss on my Priv's PKB... I love the 'enter' key dating back to legacy devices... Wish BlackBerry would have carried that function over instead of the 'next line/line-break' command it now summons... However I refuse to download a 3rd party app just to achieve this function... The less permissions I grant to 3rd party apps the better IMO...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 07:35 PM
    The stock Messenger has quick replies.

Agree... Quick reply via toast messaging is alive and well in regards to the stock Messenger app...
    Has BlackBerry brought "Quick Replies" onto the Priv and, if not, are there any alternatives?-screenshot_2016-03-25-20-18-57.png
    Has BlackBerry brought "Quick Replies" onto the Priv and, if not, are there any alternatives?-screenshot_2016-03-25-20-19-00.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-25-16 at 08:19 PM.
    03-25-16 07:38 PM
    Android N prewiew has the feature the OP asked for

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 07:38 PM
    Something I greatly miss on my Priv's PKB... I love the 'enter' key dating back to legacy devices... Wish BlackBerry would have carried that function over instead of the 'next line/line-break' command it now summons... However I refuse to download a 3rd party app just to achieve this function... The less permissions I grant to 3rd party apps the better IMO...

Posted via CB10
    Curious what you mean by 3rd party, non Blackberry or non Google?.
    Messenger is a Google app, you're going to give pretty much the same permissions to which ever app you use. Personally, I'd give them to almost anybody before Google.
    Course the OS is 90+% Google, so not sure it really makes any difference.
    03-25-16 09:35 PM
    Curious what you mean by 3rd party, non Blackberry or non Google?.
    Messenger is a Google app, you're going to give pretty much the same permissions to which ever app you use. Personally, I'd give them to almost anybody before Google.
    Course the OS is 90+% Google, so not sure it really makes any difference.
    3rd party meaning Yaata, WhatsApp, etc... I prefer to limit the apps I have installed on my devices. The least of amount of apps that I have to approve permissions for the better...

I am well aware of Google's dirty deeds and typically I root my Androids and immediately remove Google services from the device which I can't currently do with my Priv... I however, do not use the Priv on my main line, it's running on my secondary line (AKA the junk/spam phone I use for non-important functions i.e. streaming and such. One should not put all their eggs in one basket, why on Earth would one put all their data on one device?) I use a Classic for my most important functions... My point in the aforementioned post was simply that I wasn't going to download an app just to get the send key to function properly as it does on BB10 as I prefer to limit 3rd party developers...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 03-26-16 at 10:54 AM.
    03-26-16 10:41 AM
    I only use the PKB for longer emails, and find the VKB enter key handy for starting new lines in texts, or even separating entirely different subjects within the same text. So thats not an issue for me.

I'm loving the text name announce over blue tooth, the phone can be in another room charging, and I know I got a text and from whom.

The Yaata developer is in Poland, and he's fairly active on the Yaata thread here, sorta feel like I know him. Makes permissions much easier to swallow.
    03-26-16 11:55 AM
    I only use the PKB for longer emails, and find the VKB enter key handy for starting new lines in texts, or even separating entirely different subjects within the same text. So thats not an issue for me.

I'm loving the text name announce over blue tooth, the phone can be in another room charging, and I know I got a text and from whom.

The Yaata developer is in Poland, and he's fairly active on the Yaata thread here, sorta feel like I know him. Makes permissions much easier to swallow.
    I use the PKB far more, the VKB basically never... The 'send' key was better integrated for functionality... Just type and then send. Done. To skip a line on BBOS/BB10 is just as simple with one extra step SHIFT + SEND... Line(s) skipped smoothly...

I'm glad you are into the developer and have found solace knowing that he is but a thread away, however, for myself, I'm not fond of installing apps period... I prefer to keep the number of developers/apps with permissions to my device at a minimum... Messaging apps are given almost full access to the device, something I find hard to swallow regardless of how available the developer makes themselves to others... Just boils down to personal preference... Some people feel the benefits outweigh the risks, I simply am NOT one of those people...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 12:11 PM
    Seems android N is getting that...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 12:14 PM
    Seems android N is getting that...

Posted via CB10
    Priv already has it... SMS instant previews are there by default, emails can be turned on by individually visiting each account in the Hub and then enabling Heads Up Notifications in the settings... Both work as they did in BB10 except the Priv's Heads Up Notifications for emails offers more options. In BB10 you tap the email toast message and it opened up the email app to read/reply/etc... On the Priv you have the instant option to reply (which works as it does in BB10, opening the email app in reply mode), snooze or delete... Pop-up SMS on both BB10 and the Priv work essentially the same exact way... It shows in the header, you can hit that X or hit the reply icon for an instant reply...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 12:23 PM
28 12