Just checking if anyone has gotten it for their Priv directly or sideloaded.
    03-06-17 08:09 AM
    Nope. Been following this since it was announced and I am very disappointed to say it will be a while before we get it. It can't be sideloaded as it is a sever side change on the Google app. However, I found out yesterday that you have to be running at least 6.1 for Google Assistant to appear on your device. We are only on 6.0.1 so it will probably only come if/when we go to Nougat. Ugh.
    nidus72 likes this.
    03-06-17 08:15 AM
    Nope. Been following this since it was announced and I am very disappointed to say it will be a while before we get it. It can't be sideloaded as it is a sever side change on the Google app. However, I found out yesterday that you have to be running at least 6.1 for Google Assistant to appear on your device. We are only on 6.0.1 so it will probably only come if/when we go to Nougat. Ugh.
    There is no Android 6.1.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-06-17 09:22 AM
    It was there when I woke up this morning. Haven't had a chance to look play with it yet but plan to put it through it's paces this evening.
    03-07-17 10:03 AM
    I have, not sure if it has to do with gnl being installed or not, because right after I installed gnl I seemed to get assistant
    03-07-17 06:15 PM
    I got Google Assistant on my phone this afternoon at around 4pm PST. I had Google Play Services 10.2.98 (440-146496160) on my Priv which is needed to run GA.

It's running great. I'm able to send BBMs, texts and emails by voice easily. If I have a contact, say, named Theodore and I ask GA to BBM Ted, it won't find it but will list my BBM contacts. Once I identify the correct contact it will bbm him in future when I tell GA to bbm Ted. Very cool!
    03-08-17 01:53 AM
    Yep, just noticed it yesterday evening. Just started playing with it, but I like it thus far
    bb_bunny likes this.
    03-08-17 03:15 AM
    Came with an update?
    03-08-17 04:59 AM
    Can confirm I just got it too. Just held down the home button and got a "You've got the Google assistant" screen. Wasn't doing this yesterday.
    03-08-17 08:15 AM
    Came with an update?
    I don't believe so. I haven't had an update to Google that I've noticed since yesterday and the Play Store says that app hasn't been updated since the 2nd March. Must be a server side switch as someone mentioned earlier in the thread.
    03-08-17 08:18 AM
    I discovered it on my AT&T priv yesterday afternoon. It seems that I can no longer just type in a search request like I always have, which is not good if I don't want other people to know what I'm doing. The only time I use the voice features is when I'm driving. I guess I will have to play around with Google Assistant to figure out how to search by type.
    03-08-17 09:05 AM
    Is this update deals with carrier or country? I didn't get a update still. I am from india.
    03-08-17 10:41 AM
    Is Google Assistant the voice activated help tool? If so then I've been using it for months. I can ask my phone "Weather" and it gives me the forecast. I can ask "where is Home Depot?" and it will give me the address of the nearest store.
    03-08-17 12:08 PM
    Still waiting... And I haven't received the March security update either on my Shop Blackberry device. Very strange.
    03-08-17 03:06 PM
    Is Google Assistant the voice activated help tool? If so then I've been using it for months. I can ask my phone "Weather" and it gives me the forecast. I can ask "where is Home Depot?" and it will give me the address of the nearest store.
    You've been using Google Now. Google Assistant is a broader service, more like Amazon's Alexa.
    03-08-17 03:07 PM
    I don't believe so. I haven't had an update to Google that I've noticed since yesterday and the Play Store says that app hasn't been updated since the 2nd March. Must be a server side switch as someone mentioned earlier in the thread.
    I didn't receive an update either. Just tried to pull up Google Now and Google Assistant came up instead.
    03-08-17 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the clarification GGendel.

ggendel
    03-08-17 03:47 PM
    Looks that way here too. Intuitive understanding which is nice, but not Siri like in conversation.
    03-08-17 06:42 PM
    I have it. Just have to enable it through my administrator side. However, since I'm the administrator on the Google Apps for Work (or whatever they call it these days) for my business, I can enable it.
    03-08-17 10:05 PM
    I got Google Assistant on my phone this afternoon at around 4pm PST. I had Google Play Services 10.2.98 (440-146496160) on my Priv which is needed to run GA.

It's running great. I'm able to send BBMs, texts and emails by voice easily. If I have a contact, say, named Theodore and I ask GA to BBM Ted, it won't find it but will list my BBM contacts. Once I identify the correct contact it will bbm him in future when I tell GA to bbm Ted. Very cool!
    I just noted your play store version number, and here's a pic of mine. Why such a great discrepancy i wonder ....

And, i just checked, and it says i have the latest version. I'm in aus.
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone gotten Google Assistant on their Priv?-8096.jpg  
    03-08-17 10:47 PM
    I just noted your play store version number, and here's a pic of mine. Why such a great discrepancy i wonder ....

And, i just checked, and it says i have the latest version. I'm in aus.
    I'm referring to the Google Play Services version in my post, not the version of the Google Play Store. Easy mistake to make though.

Download the Play Services Info app by Weberdo from the Play Store and it will give you the version for the Google Play Services on your phone you're looking for. As long as it's above .98 you're golden. Make sure you have the latest Google app update too. Then hold the Home button and it will refer to Google Assistant when it's available. It appeared on its own. It's pushed from their end.

By the way, I'm from Vancouver, Canada. They started releasing it here yesterday.
    03-08-17 11:02 PM
    Thanks!
    03-08-17 11:09 PM
    Can anyone who has GA post a screen shot please? I've got a microphone icon and that 'OK Google' activation but not sure if it is the right one. I've seen it on our Priv for a while and have use it for call and SMS. But still not sure as I am not used to Androids nor Google stuff.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-09-17 09:18 AM
    I got google assistant today. I'm in India and I guess it's rolling out here as well....
    03-10-17 02:11 AM
    And here's the screenshot...
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone gotten Google Assistant on their Priv?-61092.jpg  
    03-10-17 02:12 AM
122 123 ...