Just curious if anyone has activated their Priv on a BES12 server yet. Specifically, I'm curious to know whether or not you have to use the BES12 Client for secure work space activation and how seamlessly that integrates with the OS. Or better yet, can the modified Android OS natively support this type of activation? Failing that, I guess that's where Android for Work comes into play?
    11-06-15 12:25 PM
    My Priv will not activate on BES 12.3 It says it cant find the server settings and to do it manually. But I cannot find anyway to do it manually on the Priv. I have a support case opened but no resolution yet.
    11-06-15 07:46 PM
    My Priv will not activate on BES 12.3 It says it cant find the server settings and to do it manually. But I cannot find anyway to do it manually on the Priv. I have a support case opened but no resolution yet.
    You need a "Gold" license to activate it on a BES12.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 12:36 AM
    I've been struggling with this as well. I'm running 12.0.1 and have the typical gold license for Android and iOS.

During BB's webinars last week, they mentioned all you needed was the typical gold license to activate. They didn't comment on what level your BES server needed to be.

I have a ticket open with BB and I've put in a call to my account rep for answers. That was yesterday - still waiting. If I come up with a solution or hear of one, I'll post back.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem though. I'm wondering if it has something to do on BB's side. Too many activations on launch day?
    11-07-15 07:01 AM
    Will the Priv work on BES 12 Cloud?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:05 AM
    I've been wondering this too. I'm gonna try following this article when I get a chance. It does mention some preliminary steps to get Android for Work setup.
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/bes12/...627447949.html

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:22 AM
    We already have this setup on my BES 12.0.1 server. There's something else that's preventing the Priv from activating. I got a response from BB Support last night. Instead of suggestions or answers, they just asked me more questions.

My feeling is that your BES server needs to either be running 12.3 or that this requires some special SKU for Gold CALs. I have the typical Gold - Android/iOS CAL and no luck so far.
    11-07-15 01:51 PM
    I've talked to my BlackBerry sales rep about this, who sent me the same link that KingRohan posted. I'm disappointed that an EA on the Priv requires a Google domain setup. Does anyone have a Google for Work or Google Apps for Work domain setup already?

We're already adding additional costs going from our current Silver to Gold CAL's, and it looks like this will be an additional $50/user each year.
    11-16-15 10:41 AM