I've had a number of issues since getting my Priv in December (bought direct from BB Canada) that I've mostly been ignoring but which are really annoying, and it's been hard to pin down the problem clearly enough to find a related thread with a solution (within CB or on the web). If anyone knows anything about any of these issues, or can direct me to existing threads about them, I'd be grateful.

Many issues have to do with when I transferred data from my BB10 to my Priv in December using the Blackberry Content Transfer app. I still have my Classic and haven't touched it since transferring, so I could re-transfer the data if the bugs have been fixed.

1. Transferred company contacts: When I transferred my contacts from my BB10 device, the entries with just a company name but no first/last name (e.g. "Pizza Hut") got transferred weirdly. If I open the Phone app and type "Pizza" into the search box, it only shows the phone numbers for matching contacts, whereas in BB10 it would show the company name if first and last name were not present. If I long-click and scroll to the bottom of the contact entry, it says "Organization: Employed at Pizza Hut". Similarly, I get a call from the company, it only shows the number even though the company name is registered in the contact. Is there a way to configure contacts in my Priv/Android so that the company name will appear, other than forcing the company name into the first/last name fields?

2. Transferred contacts' phone extensions: The Blackberry Content Transfer app deleted any "w" (wait) or "p" (pause) I had configured in phone extensions and just mushed it into the phone number, so whenever I try to call a contact who had an extension, it tries to dial 1-800-555-123412345 and fails to connect. Does anyone know if the Contact Transfer app has been fixed to properly convert these to the Android equivalent ("," and ";")?

3. Line breaks in transferred Notes: The Blackberry Content Transfer app deleted all line breaks from my notes (of which I have many, and many of which are very long, i.e. travel logs in bullet form, using hyphens instead of bullets) when it copied them into the official BlackBerry Notes Android app. I read some threads online that other text formatting also got lost, however all my notes were in plain text. However, since the going suggestion for backing up Notes to an unencrypted/nonproprietary text file seems to be "Copy your notes to Google Drive", I'll probably just end up doing that.

4. Twitter for Android selecting: When I'm composing a Tweet in the Twitter for Android app, I can't select any of the text. I can double tap but it only selects the word and doesn't show the handles; tapping and holding does nothing. Am I missing something or is the app just broken?

5. Twitter typing/editing text: Something I've noticed specifically when composing Tweet in the Twitter for Android app, I get a REALLY weird issue that is difficult to reproduce on demand. (I can't recall if I've also seen it when typing in Gmail or Notes). The one that happened today was I was composing a tweet that contained the text "At least the spammer had the decency not to open cc all your contacts!", and I put the cursor at the end of "spammer" to change it to "spambot programer", but partway through doing that, it deleted a bunch of words from "the" to "cc" and re-entered a few copies of the words that I was trying to type. (I'll circle back with more examples when and if I see them). I suspect that the fact that I can't reproduce the issue means that something about the issue only happens on the first tweet after initializing the app or something like that. I couldn't find any threads/pages that describe this issue.

6. Touch-tone PKB: It's really annoying on a call when I need to press numbers ("press 1 for English...") with my PKB that I have to press "Alt" first instead of the keys automatically registering as numbers like on BB10.

7. Auto-replace text blocks garbled: Since the Gmail for Android app doesn't automatically include the from-address-specific signature block like the desktop web app does, I thought I'd be clever and compose a "mysgnature" shortcut (Settings > Language and Input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution > For all languages [or] English (United States) ) that auto-replaces with my signature block, i.e. name, line break, company, line break, email, line break, etc. This worked great for a week or so, then 2-3 weeks ago it started to mess up.

For example, when it's configured to enter this:
    RealGrouchy
    Very Mean Company
    realgrouchy@fakename.noyb
    800-555-2345

When I type the shortcut it replaces the shortcut with this:
    RealGrouchy
    Very
    realgro
    800-555-2345uchy@fakename.noybMeanCompany

And if I code in a couple more lines, instead of this:
    RealGrouchy
    Very Mean Company
    123 Angry Street
    800-555-2345
    877-777-1234 x1234

It replaces with this (whether or not there are spaces at the end of each line):
    RealGrouchy
    877-777-5432 x1234Very
    realgrou
    800-555-2345chy@fakename.noyb
    123 Angry StreetMeanCompany

Weird, eh? It worked for a while but no longer does (I might have copied the text for the instance where it worked; I think the one that worked I had in the English (United States) dictionary and I recreated it in the "All languages" section. However I get the same error now when I try to recreate that.)

8. Keyboard swiping: The swipe-left-to-delete-word thing is way too sensitive and annoying because it makes it harder to touch-type; I can't look away in case a tiny move to the left deletes a word, and it's also harder to type with gloves on (one of the whole reasons I use a PKB!). I do like the swipe-up-to-choose-a-predicted-word thing though, however the keyboard settings only allow me to enable/disable ALL swipe/gestures. (I have not enabled the setting to swipe between letters without lifting my fingers) I'm hoping some dev is reading this and will create a setting whereby I can independently enable/disable the different PKB swipe gestures.

As for the keyboard issues, the only app I have installed that didn't come with the Priv that isn't a game is "Buttons Remapper (no root)", but that is only configured to affect my volume control buttons.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might have to help me understand ANY of these issues.

- RG>
    05-03-17 05:32 PM
    One at a time would get you better results.
    05-04-17 02:21 PM
    Content transfer: your situation is probably the best argument for keeping everything online and syncing to all your devices. I didn't use the Content Transfer app, and I had none of your problems when I switched from the Passport.

Keyboard issues: it takes some getting used to. It was an easier transition from the Passport because it also has a touch-sensitive pkb.

Word substitutions: erase your signature block and retype it with Shift+Enter between lines. It will work perfectly. Also, the signature in the Hub email account is independent of your email host and belongs only to the device you're using. Just enter what you need.
    05-04-17 03:12 PM
    Hello,

Regarding point 2 I have same issues.

I tried to transfer all my contacts 1:1 from BBOS10 to mushDROID using these methods
    - The Blackberry Content Transfer
    - CardDAV Server on Internet
    - Personal CardDAV Server

Each time all phone number containing GSM code, spaces, hyphens or others where "corrected" to xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxx format, and spaces, hyphens, "#", were simply removed.

1- I tried to transfer contact one by one using a personal Test CardDAV server to be sure that encoding format of characters was not the issue. All contacts on CardDAV server were good ... but never on droid.
    KO

2- I tried to connect my BBOS10 to my personal Test CardDAV server ... and contacts kept good format

3- So I tried to create from Zero contacts on PRIV (as they are on my BBOS10), then export to vcf, then delete contact and the re-import contact from exported vcf. Same thing.
    KO

4- So I have edited vcf to see what was exported from DrOid ... and ... surprise ... no hyphens, spaces, # ... ! So I edited manually all vcf with a text editor and then opened the modified vcf in some software as Gnome Evolution to test them before re-importing them a new time on PRIV .... same thing ... all modified .... my vcf were not respected
    KO

5- I tried to change pseudo regional settings from en-GB, fr-FR .... Nothing

I don't know if contacts are modified by DROID or BlackBerry Contact apps .... but so much time loose for nothing .

Kr,
    Moo

I've had a number of issues since getting my Priv in December (bought direct from BB Canada) that I've mostly been ignoring but which are really annoying, and it's been hard to pin down the problem clearly enough to find a related thread with a solution (within CB or on the web). If anyone knows anything about any of these issues, or can direct me to existing threads about them, I'd be grateful.

Many issues have to do with when I transferred data from my BB10 to my Priv in December using the Blackberry Content Transfer app. I still have my Classic and haven't touched it since transferring, so I could re-transfer the data if the bugs have been fixed.

1. Transferred company contacts: When I transferred my contacts from my BB10 device, the entries with just a company name but no first/last name (e.g. "Pizza Hut") got transferred weirdly. If I open the Phone app and type "Pizza" into the search box, it only shows the phone numbers for matching contacts, whereas in BB10 it would show the company name if first and last name were not present. If I long-click and scroll to the bottom of the contact entry, it says "Organization: Employed at Pizza Hut". Similarly, I get a call from the company, it only shows the number even though the company name is registered in the contact. Is there a way to configure contacts in my Priv/Android so that the company name will appear, other than forcing the company name into the first/last name fields?

2. Transferred contacts' phone extensions: The Blackberry Content Transfer app deleted any "w" (wait) or "p" (pause) I had configured in phone extensions and just mushed it into the phone number, so whenever I try to call a contact who had an extension, it tries to dial 1-800-555-123412345 and fails to connect. Does anyone know if the Contact Transfer app has been fixed to properly convert these to the Android equivalent ("," and ";")?

3. Line breaks in transferred Notes: The Blackberry Content Transfer app deleted all line breaks from my notes (of which I have many, and many of which are very long, i.e. travel logs in bullet form, using hyphens instead of bullets) when it copied them into the official BlackBerry Notes Android app. I read some threads online that other text formatting also got lost, however all my notes were in plain text. However, since the going suggestion for backing up Notes to an unencrypted/nonproprietary text file seems to be "Copy your notes to Google Drive", I'll probably just end up doing that.

4. Twitter for Android selecting: When I'm composing a Tweet in the Twitter for Android app, I can't select any of the text. I can double tap but it only selects the word and doesn't show the handles; tapping and holding does nothing. Am I missing something or is the app just broken?

5. Twitter typing/editing text: Something I've noticed specifically when composing Tweet in the Twitter for Android app, I get a REALLY weird issue that is difficult to reproduce on demand. (I can't recall if I've also seen it when typing in Gmail or Notes). The one that happened today was I was composing a tweet that contained the text "At least the spammer had the decency not to open cc all your contacts!", and I put the cursor at the end of "spammer" to change it to "spambot programer", but partway through doing that, it deleted a bunch of words from "the" to "cc" and re-entered a few copies of the words that I was trying to type. (I'll circle back with more examples when and if I see them). I suspect that the fact that I can't reproduce the issue means that something about the issue only happens on the first tweet after initializing the app or something like that. I couldn't find any threads/pages that describe this issue.

6. Touch-tone PKB: It's really annoying on a call when I need to press numbers ("press 1 for English...") with my PKB that I have to press "Alt" first instead of the keys automatically registering as numbers like on BB10.

7. Auto-replace text blocks garbled: Since the Gmail for Android app doesn't automatically include the from-address-specific signature block like the desktop web app does, I thought I'd be clever and compose a "mysgnature" shortcut (Settings > Language and Input > BlackBerry Keyboard Settings > Prediction and Correction > Word Substitution > For all languages [or] English (United States) ) that auto-replaces with my signature block, i.e. name, line break, company, line break, email, line break, etc. This worked great for a week or so, then 2-3 weeks ago it started to mess up.

RealGrouchy
    Very Mean Company
    800-555-2345

RealGrouchy
    Very
    realgro

RealGrouchy
    Very Mean Company
    123 Angry Street
    800-555-2345
    877-777-1234 x1234

It replaces with this (whether or not there are spaces at the end of each line):
    RealGrouchy
    877-777-5432 x1234Very
    realgrou

Weird, eh? It worked for a while but no longer does (I might have copied the text for the instance where it worked; I think the one that worked I had in the English (United States) dictionary and I recreated it in the "All languages" section. However I get the same error now when I try to recreate that.)

8. Keyboard swiping: The swipe-left-to-delete-word thing is way too sensitive and annoying because it makes it harder to touch-type; I can't look away in case a tiny move to the left deletes a word, and it's also harder to type with gloves on (one of the whole reasons I use a PKB!). I do like the swipe-up-to-choose-a-predicted-word thing though, however the keyboard settings only allow me to enable/disable ALL swipe/gestures. (I have not enabled the setting to swipe between letters without lifting my fingers) I'm hoping some dev is reading this and will create a setting whereby I can independently enable/disable the different PKB swipe gestures.

As for the keyboard issues, the only app I have installed that didn't come with the Priv that isn't a game is "Buttons Remapper (no root)", but that is only configured to affect my volume control buttons.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might have to help me understand ANY of these issues.

- RG>
    05-05-17 12:53 PM
    Hello,

Regarding point 2 I have same issues.

I tried to transfer all my contacts 1:1 from BBOS10 to mushDROID using these methods
    - The Blackberry Content Transfer
    - CardDAV Server on Internet
    - Personal CardDAV Server

Each time all phone number containing GSM code, spaces, hyphens or others where "corrected" to xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxx format, and spaces, hyphens, "#", were simply removed.

1- I tried to transfer contact one by one using a personal Test CardDAV server to be sure that encoding format of characters was not the issue. All contacts on CardDAV server were good ... but never on droid.
    KO

2- I tried to connect my BBOS10 to my personal Test CardDAV server ... and contacts kept good format

3- So I tried to create from Zero contacts on PRIV (as they are on my BBOS10), then export to vcf, then delete contact and the re-import contact from exported vcf. Same thing.
    KO

4- So I have edited vcf to see what was exported from DrOid ... and ... surprise ... no hyphens, spaces, # ... ! So I edited manually all vcf with a text editor and then opened the modified vcf in some software as Gnome Evolution to test them before re-importing them a new time on PRIV .... same thing ... all modified .... my vcf were not respected
    KO

5- I tried to change pseudo regional settings from en-GB, fr-FR .... Nothing

I don't know if contacts are modified by DROID or BlackBerry Contact apps .... but so much time loose for nothing .

Kr,
    Moo
    That was long and painful.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 05:26 PM

RealGrouchy
    Very Mean Company
    800-555-2345

RealGrouchy
    Very
    realgro

RealGrouchy
    Very Mean Company
    123 Angry Street
    800-555-2345
    877-777-1234 x1234

RealGrouchy
    877-777-5432 x1234Very
    realgrou

I also used your workaround to insert signature lines in messages.

I can confirm and reproduce the same results on BB KEYone (BBB100-1) Build AAL-964 . When creating a Settings>Language & Input>Personal Dictionary>For all languages with multi-line content (such as your example) from a copy/paste from a HTML message*, the "shortcut" will insert correctly in a plain text message (although with double line spacing, eek). However, the same "shortcut" inserted in a HTML format message will produce the "garbled" text results as your described.

*Multi-line content was copy/pasted from a HTML message because when creating a "shortcut" in the Personal Dictionary, you are unable to insert a <return> or line space in the content. Copy/pasting from a plain text message does not paste the <return> and inserts all content on a one line.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-17 01:21 PM
    I don't use elaborate autotext things for multiline output but I know that somewhere that BB broke it. Hopefully, they are hearing about it and can repair it.

I would suggest using their twitter or help contact info to make sure that they are aware of the bug.
    06-14-17 08:17 PM