Finally saw a Priv in the "flesh" at my local CW and was able to try it out.

Immediately I slid out the physical keyboard. It was small but perfectly BlackBerry. Only it was 1/2 a Classic's keyboard in size.

Small as in petite. The keys were too small for my fingers, and characters too small for my eyes to read - numbers and letters sharing some keys! A pointed stylus would have been needed to press the keys accurately. So the PKB for me was no good sadly.

What the Priv needed was a landscape keyboard along its side, with Passport keys for letters and everything else touch screen, Passport style.

I hope any future PKB BlackBerry Android is more Classic or Passport in design, or if a modified slab, the keyboard is landscape.

For the DTEKs, I would welcome a PKB case of some sort in the meantime.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 02:23 PM
    I agree about the landscape keyboard... with full keyboard! For some it would have been a better format... as I still see many horizontal sliders in dumb phones.
    10-14-16 02:36 PM
    Finally saw a Priv in the "flesh" at my local CW and was able to try it out.

Immediately I slid out the physical keyboard. It was small but perfectly BlackBerry. Only it was 1/2 a Classic's keyboard in size.

Small as in petite. The keys were too small for my fingers, and characters too small for my eyes to read - numbers and letters sharing some keys! A pointed stylus would have been needed to press the keys accurately. So the PKB for me was no good sadly.

What the Priv needed was a landscape keyboard along its side, with Passport keys for letters and everything else touch screen, Passport style.

I hope any future PKB BlackBerry Android is more Classic or Passport in design, or if a modified slab, the keyboard is landscape.

For the DTEKs, I would welcome a PKB case of some sort in the meantime.

Posted via CB10
    Wait for the mercury!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-14-16 02:45 PM
    You'd be surprised. Ive had the priv three weeks now and have very large fingers. I use the vkb 99% of the time which I don't think is quite as good as on my z10 but almost. When I have used the pkb I would have to say it's easier than on my classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    10-14-16 04:23 PM
    Actually the Priv pkb is wider than a 9930 kb and the Priv keys are wider than the 9930 keys. The Priv keys are a little shorter than the 9930 keys though. I actually measured the kbs and the keys and accounted for the 9930 kb sweep. It's evident in the photo. My fingers aren't small and I've been a hard core pkb user for over 15yrs until my Z30 days and had no problems switching back. I still prefer it to the vkb.

" If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
    Attached Thumbnails Hands-on Priv on display at Carphone Warehouse (UK)-26680.jpg  
    10-14-16 08:04 PM
    I've had my PRIV just a week after coming from a Passport. The keyboard is very neat coming from the phone but to be honest I haven't used it as it appears to be an old school kb which is retro after the Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-15-16 03:50 PM
    I have very large hands and didn't find the Priv keyboard hard to adjust to at all. I would not have bought the phone if it was a horizontal slider though. That format makes no sense for me and is far too wide and unwieldy.
    ruhban likes this.
    10-15-16 04:05 PM
    Hands-on Priv on display at Carphone Warehouse (UK)-img_20161008_205238.jpg

I already did this in another thread but what the flip. The priv keyboard looks plenty big enough, I'd like to say I've adjusted to it but despite owning my priv for two weeks I'm still on the passport.

That said it was a carphone warehouse display model that tipped me over to buying the priv. I especially liked the way I scrolled on the keyboard like I do on passport and the salesman looked on in shock as if he'd never seen such a thing before.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-16 04:13 PM