Duplicate - can't delete on mobile
    11-06-15 07:30 PM
    True. But best BB speakers for me have been the Z30 and PlayBook.
    True. I like my Passport's speakers, but they just don't compare to the ones on my old Z30. But more to the point, does the Priv have stereo speakers? What about Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:33 PM
    I don't think one day is enough but I understand BlackBerry10 is a very good os. I just went to my local AT&T to look at the Priv (heck I just barely seen the Classic also) and they both look sharp. The reps said that they are sold out at this time which is surprising although I didn't ask them how many they had.

Posted via CB10
    I, too, went to an AT&T store to "PRIView" and play with the Priv. I have to be honest, the device and screen looked great. But even though I have a Samsung Tab S, the entire Android experience threw me. Moving between apps totally fuddled me - too use to the swipe gestures. The keyboard seemed narrow and the keys smallish. Using the pkb to scroll in the browser needed a slow-down option.

As far as stock goes, this official AT&T store is about 4 blocks from the Univ of Washington in a mall that is home of the first and only Amazon physical bookstore (opened two days ago). When I called they checked inventory and said that they had TWO in stock and the display model. Not a lot of stock for a very popular mall. Don't know if that's AT&T's choice or what BB shipped them. Unless someone intervened, not many will be able to play with it since its battery was down to 12%. The reps did say it was a beautiful device but did not have a change to really play with it.
    11-06-15 07:42 PM
    Finally... thank you Dmitry.... Android does not have this... you must choose how often it sync...

i have hotmailx2, gmailx3,yahoox2 and corp work email....8 accounts total.. if someone can tell me how to have them all instant like i do on my blackberry classic... i would very ,much appreciate it... Maybe i should email the Kardashians, blackberry sent me an email telling me they got the priv today also, maybe they know how to do it.
    When ya look at the polling interval. It has a check box that says something like 'use push if supported'

Check that box. If the email is capable of real time that's the setting you want

Correction:
    It's may not be a check box, but a switch

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 07:43 PM
    Because I just bought the phone from at&t a few hours earlier. AT&T was going to work this stuff out or they were getting the phone back. Obviously, something wasn't right with the one I had. Now AT&T has it back. And those weren't the only issues I had with the phone.

And I've called BB before. Not as easy as dealing with AT&T and they're no picnic.
    Sorry you had issues. There's always a chance you could have just received a defective device. It all comes down to personal preference, though. If it's not the phone for you, might as well take it back.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    11-06-15 08:00 PM
    But why would we expect an android phone to perform as BB10? I wasn't expecting the HUB, BBM Messenger to be as good as in BB10

Posted via CB10
    Brad Morse and andy957 like this.
    11-06-15 08:08 PM
    I, too, went to an AT&T store to "PRIView" and play with the Priv. I have to be honest, the device and screen looked great. But even though I have a Samsung Tab S, the entire Android experience threw me. Moving between apps totally fuddled me - too use to the swipe gestures. The keyboard seemed narrow and the keys smallish. Using the pkb to scroll in the browser needed a slow-down option.

As far as stock goes, this official AT&T store is about 4 blocks from the Univ of Washington in a mall that is home of the first and only Amazon physical bookstore (opened two days ago). When I called they checked inventory and said that they had TWO in stock and the display model. Not a lot of stock for a very popular mall. Don't know if that's AT&T's choice or what BB shipped them. Unless someone intervened, not many will be able to play with it since its battery was down to 12%. The reps did say it was a beautiful device but did not have a change to really play with it.
    That amount for the stock seems like everywhere else. Many are reporting 4 and under so while they are selling out at some stores...they are also starting with little to no stock. it will be a week minimum before they get more phones i think as well. Reminds me of the passport issues where they didnt make that many to start and then the hype died down fast
    FF22 likes this.
    11-06-15 08:09 PM
    Sorry you had issues. There's always a chance you could have just received a defective device. It all comes down to personal preference, though. If it's not the phone for you, might as well take it back.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    I probably did. There was just too many issues. I guess that's what to expect being an early adopter. But these issues were too many to justify the price. I'll now wait a month or two and see how it shakes out. It was a nice device, but not sure it really does justify the cost. We'll see.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-06-15 08:13 PM
    Sell the Priv here in CB

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:28 PM
    No way would I sell something I know is not right. It's back with at&t already.
    11-06-15 08:37 PM

Same scenario in Orlando - one display phone and two in stock. I was excited to go try it out and was surprised how small and mushy the keyboard was. I use a classic and passport and couldn't see myself getting used to such a downgrade in keyboard.

The speaker was very low output also. Everything else would be a normal learning curve but peeps should go try it out at their AT&T Store before buying and make sure it's the right form factor.

I really hope it does well but not an upgrade for me coming from my current BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    11-06-15 08:41 PM
    I made a post earlier saying the same things.. people said i was being a troll.... good looking device missing all the blackberry features i want.. instant emails on all my 8 accounts... press enter to send txts..
    Because you have no history here and created an account just to create a rant of a thread complaining about a phone you only had for a few hours.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:00 PM

Good to know. U Village? I thought about stopping by there and the new bookstore but the wreck on southbound 5 this afternoon quickly nixed that idea. Maybe I'll check out some other store over the weekend. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:02 PM
    ...no more instant email for my yahoo/gmail/corp/hotmail/domain accounts? now it has to sync? what a joke.

Regarding Yahoo in particular, BB10 never had instant push message reception on Yahoo either. Yahoo uses a proprietary push mechanism and you have to code it all speshul just for them if you want to support that. (BB10 has push email on all the other services you mention)

Last time I checked, the only major mobile platform that made such a concession to Yahoo was Apple. Neither Android nor WinPhone would get push Yahoo mail either. Either you install and use the separate Yahoo app, or no push.
    11-06-15 09:05 PM
    Good to know. U Village? I thought about stopping by there and the new bookstore but the wreck on southbound 5 this afternoon quickly nixed that idea. Maybe I'll check out some other store over the weekend. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Reliable I-5. The blown expansion joints on Weds killed my planned hike in the snow in the sunshine. Yes, U-Village. The store is along 25th, not in the lower mall proper.
    11-06-15 10:09 PM
    I am on Verizon and waiting for my chance to get the Priv. But, I am worried about switching to Android. Why is it that everyone's answer to problems in the OS is to get individual apps? Seriously, this sounds HORRIBLE compared to any Blackberry OS in history. I want 1 location for all emails, text messages, and notifications; 1 location for my calendar, etc...

Widgets sound awesome, but NEEDING several apps for my 8 emails and 5 calendars sounds very inefficient and frustrating.
    11-07-15 12:33 AM
    I have visual voice mail and wireless charging. Second icon at bottom. I have a whole folder of att bloat ware I disabled and put away.
    Attached Thumbnails Had mine since 9am today, and think I will be returning it.-1446883659180.jpg  
    11-07-15 02:08 AM
    I had to basically load Play store and search for BlackBerry limited. Then for each app, manually update. Once I did that, all the BlackBerry apps showed up in my play store lists. But the stock apps are a little buggy, which makes me wonder if some folks just haven't let play store clue in about the preloaded apps. My guess is that play store would eventually see them and update them
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-07-15 02:59 AM
    My Passport also receives instant emails. Btw I played with the Priv at Carphone warehose. I have never used Android so have to say I was pretty frustrated. But I imagine that after a few days with it I will be cruising. So looking forward to it! Have also been browsing the help files so that should help.
    11-07-15 08:03 AM
    Wow. One bad thing and you want to return it? Calm. Its the first time they had a hub for android. They will update it. Its probably at the monthly updates.

But come on, hub isnt evrything

Posted via CB10
    Theicecreamman and tmf06 like this.
    11-07-15 08:18 AM
    To each their own. I have had mine for 24 hours now and am adjusting to the majority of what you call issues. It is Android and you should have known that going in. BlackBerry did a very good job bringing the BlackBerry experience to Android, the OS itself just limits it to be a 100% BlackBerry experience, and I think that is a good thing.

If you are a hard core BB 10 lover...you will find it a slight disconnect. Give it a week, and an honest go. It really is a fantastic device!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 08:23 AM
    The priv is very buggy... with the keyboard exposed the touchscreen doesnt react to touch the way it does when its closed and things have to get tapped several times to work...2...no more instant email for my yahoo/gmail/corp/hotmail/domain accounts? now it has to sync? what a joke. everytime i type a txt i have to press the touch screen to send it instead of pressing enter? whats the point of the HUB if the emails lag so bad?
    Check your settings. There are more setting features on this phone. My wife has gmail and she was getting her emails faster on the Priv than her iPad. Remember this will not work exactly like BB10, because it's an Android device, with BB features. I know it's a bit frustrating. Give it a week before you take it back.
    11-07-15 08:33 AM
    to those who are having a hard time adapting to Android, yesterday i went to a Rogers store and tried to play with the Leap while waiting for the rep..i quickly got stock and couldn't navigate out of one simple app/tile...could not even find the "back" button or arrow..so i just left it there. this is to show you that if you are not familiar with something you will have a hard time at first.
    I also had a hard time going from Windows XP to Windows 8
    achsfx likes this.
    11-07-15 09:23 AM
    Don't like the Priv? Love BB10?
    Join here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-a-1045652/

Not every BlackBerry user is going to love Android and if you like me love BB10, do something for help our favorite OS.
    Thanks in advance
    11-07-15 09:25 AM
    Gmail is instant on Priv. Haven't checked other accounts yet but the Gmail pushes properly just like my Passport.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    11-07-15 09:31 AM
130 ... 23456