I've had mine since yesterday and just returned it. The camera was making a high pitched noise when focussing. Looks like a hardware issue.

Too expensive to take a chance on camera failure.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:52 AM
    I've had mine since yesterday and just returned it. The camera was making a high pitched noise when focussing. Looks like a hardware issue.

Too expensive to take a chance on camera failure.

Posted via CB10
    Why not exchange the device for another BlackBerry Priv? The camera on my smartphone does not make noises. You might have received a defective unit.
    Saurabh Poddar likes this.
    11-07-15 10:38 AM
    Why not exchange the device for another BlackBerry Priv? The camera on my smartphone does not make noises. You might have received a defective unit.
    My gut told me that this might be a "screen lift" type issue like in the Passport. I will wait a while and see what the blogs say.... and then will buy it later when the dust settles.

All I know, is that right now, my Priv is being sent back to BlackBerry in Waterloo. Hopefully they can learn something from the issue.
    11-07-15 10:42 AM
    For those on the "instant" email issues. Please go into Settings --> Apps and check that you have version 1.1.x of BlackBerry Hub installed. If you're still on 1.0.x and haven't received a notification about updates available via Google Play, please please PLEASE go and do so. There are a ton of improvements in the 1.1.x version - specifically around push messaging for IMAP accounts (Gmail).

Once you're sure you've got the updated version of the Hub (and BlackBerry Services!) do a quick double check in your Gmail account settings to ensure "Use push if supported" is checked/toggled ON.
    11-07-15 10:58 AM
    Everyone is complaining about the phone being buggy - HOWEVER, people need to understand BlackBerry is aware of the situation, and they have already promised updates beginning soon. The device will be absolutely perfect once Marshmallow rolls in. Also, the hub is pretty solid. I have had no issues using the hub.
    11-07-15 11:05 PM
    Passport speakers will spoil you.

Don't expect a standard slab to match the speakers on the beast Passport...it's loud as hell!

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    You are so wrong

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android cause I'm a Prividiot
    11-07-15 11:07 PM
    You are so wrong

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android cause I'm a Prividiot
    Priv speakers are no where near the quality of the Passports.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 11:15 PM
    True. But best BB speakers for me have been the Z30 and PlayBook.
    LOL. The sound quality and speaker on the Passport blows away the Z30.

Blows. Away.
    11-08-15 05:22 AM
    So I've set up the phone to exactly what I need and things have gotten better however the issue I am having now is that my Gmail account for whatever reason stopped syncing as of last night. All my emails since last night do show up in the Gmail app but not in the Hub. Any ideas? I think I may have to disable the Hub until the glitches are worked out if I decide to keep this thing.

11-08-15 07:14 AM
    LOL. The sound quality and speaker on the Passport blows away the Z30.

Blows. Away.
    hey wake up, you are dreaming.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    11-08-15 08:13 AM
    hey wake up, you are dreaming.

I have the passport, the z30 and the playbook. They are all very good, but the passport is definitely better than z30.
    11-08-15 08:27 AM
    Hub Updates plus others last night. Fixing many issues especially in Hub.

posted from my Priv!
    11-08-15 08:51 AM
    So I've set up the phone to exactly what I need and things have gotten better however the issue I am having now is that my Gmail account for whatever reason stopped syncing as of last night. All my emails since last night do show up in the Gmail app but not in the Hub. Any ideas? I think I may have to disable the Hub until the glitches are worked out if I decide to keep this thing.

Update on the above. I turned the phone off for about 30 minutes before turning it back on and everything seems to be in order now.

11-08-15 08:59 AM
    I have the passport, the z30 and the playbook. They are all very good, but the passport is definitely better than z30.
    You know, when you want the full stereo experience, you must hold the Z30 in landscape?

11-08-15 09:40 AM
    Buddy I think you should go and return it and get your self an iPhone or another android phone. Sometimes it just doesn't work for some people and I think you are one of them. Good luck, there are thousands of users who wish to use the PRIV so don't worry you will be fine with IPhone or Samsung I think. It's very funny that you login to complain and expect a solution and you don't even provide an update .

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:26 AM
    Buddy I think you should go and return it and get your self an iPhone or another android phone. Sometimes it just doesn't work for some people and I think you are one of them. Good luck, there are thousands of users who wish to use the PRIV so don't worry you will be fine with IPhone or Samsung I think. It's very funny that you login to complain and expect a solution and you don't even provide an update .

Posted via CB10
    Who was this directed to?

11-08-15 11:18 AM
    And I've called BB before. Not as easy as dealing with AT&T and they're no picnic.
    I called BlackBerry just last week about a problem with a 9790 i had bought from ebay. They were amazing, and absolutely cared about resolving my problem, even making followup calls to me. I was quite impressed.

But i did call atnt first who referred me to BlackBerry.

With a device you bought from your carrier I believe it is supposed to be up to the carrier to decide if BlackBerry's assistance is needed.
    11-10-15 09:51 AM
    True. But best BB speakers for me have been the Z30 and PlayBook.
    I think after the Z30 any phone's speakers are going to be disappointing in comparison. I really hope the Priv isn't that bad. Hope it's at least decent.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-10-15 10:49 AM
    No way man. No BlackBerry has better sound than the Z30. They broke the mold after that.

I'd not complain if the Priv was on par with the inferior speakers of the passport though.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-10-15 10:54 AM
    I called BlackBerry just last week about a problem with a 9790 i had bought from ebay. They were amazing, and absolutely cared about resolving my problem, even making followup calls to me. I was quite impressed.
    That is the protocol BlackBerry always had in place and followed. You aren't special but you are valued as a BlackBerry user.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 11:28 AM
    Im not seeing hub issues, that said I read on a post to do manual updates

I did and all seemed to resolve

On playstore i searched all BB apps and updated

Posted via the CrackBerry with my Priv!!
    11-10-15 11:48 AM
    Not overly impressed with the software, I know it's Android but the Hub is very buggy from what I've been experiencing today. Can anyone tell me how to mark an item read from the main hub screen? If you swipe left it deletes if you swipe right it snoozes? Think I will have to go back to the Passport. Also the volume is not very impressive on the speaker and notifications in general.

Really?

Press and hold the email select the three dots top right corner

11-10-15 11:54 AM
    For people saying volume is an issue, app called Volume+. It over rides system volume on my note, might be worth a look

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:01 PM
    Really?

Press and hold the email select the three dots top right corner

You're late, this was sorted out. Hub needed an update to allow swipe gesture changes.
    11-11-15 11:41 AM
    Not overly impressed with the software, I know it's Android but the Hub is very buggy from what I've been experiencing today. Can anyone tell me how to mark an item read from the main hub screen? If you swipe left it deletes if you swipe right it snoozes? Think I will have to go back to the Passport. Also the volume is not very impressive on the speaker and notifications in general.

You tap till it's greys out.you have to make sure first download the updates to optimize the device first. I've had nothing but great success and no issues whatsoever.

11-11-15 01:51 PM
130 ... 3456