I think you bb10 folks really need to spend quality time with it. EAS would be good in hub. Imap won't push so use the apps
    Deanig_12 and dietertong like this.
    11-06-15 02:56 PM
    I agree with you 100%. I will be returning mine tonight. I also bought as soon as the store opened this morning.
    11-06-15 02:57 PM
    Finally... thank you Dmitry.... Android does not have this... you must choose how often it sync...

i have hotmailx2, gmailx3,yahoox2 and corp work email....8 accounts total.. if someone can tell me how to have them all instant like i do on my blackberry classic... i would very ,much appreciate it... Maybe i should email the Kardashians, blackberry sent me an email telling me they got the priv today also, maybe they know how to do it.
    My buddy said imap idle was broken in Android and worked in BB10. He wasn't sure about Android today, he did this comparison like 2 years ago. He went on a rant about Android and was satisfied with BB10's implementation.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:58 PM
    Use inbox for Gmail, yahoo app for their mail. You just have to get used to look at the notifications drawer more often
    11-06-15 03:04 PM
    Give it some time...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:04 PM
    Give it some time? Every other Phone maker has improved what they do with each new device, BB seems to be chasing its own tail... I bought the priv this morning paid 791$ at at&t with tax... and 2 hours later put my sim back into my classic.... maybe i will try over the weekend.... but so far i feel like they dropped the ball... and the fact BLEND is not ready? damn shame.
    11-06-15 03:18 PM
    Give it some time? Every other Phone maker has improved what they do with each new device, BB seems to be chasing its own tail... I bought the priv this morning paid 791$ at at&t with tax... and 2 hours later put my sim back into my classic.... maybe i will try over the weekend.... but so far i feel like they dropped the ball... and the fact BLEND is not ready? damn shame.
    try airdroid for blend alternative. The hub is great but is not the end of the world. EAS should work well as I said, but if you use yahoo, aol or gmail, use their apps. The calendar should integrate as the BB calendar on Priv should integrate with the system? You can do a lot more than the classic ... if you only want to use for 'emails' then may be you should stick to BB 10...
    11-06-15 03:21 PM
    Wailing wailers!!! It's android for goodness sake. Hub, blend are BlackBerryOS 10 stuffs. You should be thankful Hub was included in the first place. Or wait for a BBOS10 Priv...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:31 PM
    Yeah, I found those and they weren't there when you click update all apps. I had to go find all blackberry apps and update each one manually. My favorite bug so far is I selected hangouts as my default text messages, so anytime trying to select the hub hangouts would open. Had to reboot the phone to correct and open the hub.
    My theory regarding that is because the apps weren't originally installed via the Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:46 PM
    Not overly impressed with the software, I know it's Android but the Hub is very buggy from what I've been experiencing today. Can anyone tell me how to mark an item read from the main hub screen? If you swipe left it deletes if you swipe right it snoozes? Think I will have to go back to the Passport. Also the volume is not very impressive on the speaker and notifications in general.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Assuming it's the same as BlackBerry 10, you just tap the message icon to mark read, or unread as may be the case...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:04 PM
    Last I checked, no BB10 had instant email. BES servers that are responsible for instant email were discontinued with BBOS7 (unless you had corporate email and whatnot)

Even my fully unlocked Z10 doesn't have instant email. When you dig into email settings, you'll find an option to set your sync interval, with 5min being shortest

Posted via CB10
    This is definitely not true. My Z10 received emails even before my Outlook on my server does.
    11-06-15 04:08 PM
    Mines going back too. No wireless charging on the at&t model and not able to get visual voicemail working. Called at&t and they couldn't figure it out either. Said I "should" receive a call on it sometime next week. The no wireless charging is the killer for this price. And you are correct, the keyboard slide out is buggy. Many times doesn't act right when you slide to keyboard out after using software keyboard.
    11-06-15 04:13 PM
    Last I checked, no BB10 had instant email. BES servers that are responsible for instant email were discontinued with BBOS7 (unless you had corporate email and whatnot)

Even my fully unlocked Z10 doesn't have instant email. When you dig into email settings, you'll find an option to set your sync interval, with 5min being shortest

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 and MacBook Pro get emails at the same time and I guarantee they are not on the same sync interval. In fact, when I send myself an email from my laptop it's on my phone within seconds.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:20 PM
    Agreed Im enjoying it as well. Getting used o having the alt key back is definitely weird. My device clicks in on the bottom left side a bit. Going to see if other devices feel the same, my first passport had a bad space key too. Im enjoying it the more and more I used it. Take yours back for another and give it the 2 week trial.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I disagree, i have a z10 and on 10.2 no less, and i get my emails instantly. depending on the inbox. Meaning if i have folders setup in my mail client i won't get those (namely gmail) but if they go straight to my main inbox (like aol) then i get them right away...if the priv doesn't do this then that would be a problem for me since a lot of my work schedule is dependent on me answering an email in a timely manner.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:33 PM
    The priv does it IF you use the gmail app for gmail. It does push with exchange and EAS, not gmail unless using the gmail app.
    11-06-15 04:52 PM
    I tried one out just now at my local ATT store and I was not impressed. I really wanted to like it but I think I'll go get a Z30 or stick with my Z10 a bit longer. I'm very disappointed. It was just too big and unbalanced and felt cheap. I wasn't impressed with either the slide out keypad or the touch keypad compared with my Z10, which was shocking.
    konfuesious and Bay 13 like this.
    11-06-15 04:56 PM
    Mines going back too. No wireless charging on the at&t model and not able to get visual voicemail working. Called at&t and they couldn't figure it out either. Said I "should" receive a call on it sometime next week. The no wireless charging is the killer for this price. And you are correct, the keyboard slide out is buggy. Many times doesn't act right when you slide to keyboard out after using software keyboard.
    Interesting...my AT&T model has wireless charging. There is even a written insert included in the box which talks all about wireless charging. I set up visual voice-mail without any issues whatsoever. The PRIV comes with 12 months of 24/7 complimentary support from BlackBerry. Why would you call AT&T when you can call BlackBerry?

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    Brad Morse likes this.
    11-06-15 06:57 PM
    Because I just bought the phone from at&t a few hours earlier. AT&T was going to work this stuff out or they were getting the phone back. Obviously, something wasn't right with the one I had. Now AT&T has it back. And those weren't the only issues I had with the phone.

And I've called BB before. Not as easy as dealing with AT&T and they're no picnic.
    11-06-15 07:01 PM
    It going to take a few days to get the kinks out but I am sure we will see several updates very soon so that Blackberry sales don't tank because of initial issues.
    11-06-15 07:06 PM
    Initial issues will sink this. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. Not liking what I'm seeing so far, but we'll see.
    11-06-15 07:09 PM
    I don't think one day is enough but I understand BlackBerry10 is a very good os. I just went to my local AT&T to look at the Priv (heck I just barely seen the Classic also) and they both look sharp. The reps said that they are sold out at this time which is surprising although I didn't ask them how many they had.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:14 PM
    Give it some time is odd advice given android is known mature software "you should give that windows laptop time"

I think some people need to understand how king google's kingdom works - you work out of the box or you get returned or swapped for ones of the multiple competitor devices - that is why Google won - Darwinism in action.
    merlin29 and Sparksx like this.
    11-06-15 07:17 PM
    Initial issues will sink this. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. Not liking what I'm seeing so far, but we'll see.
    I don't believe there are any real major issues with the Priv it's the normal new device issues that will get ironed out soon.
    Brad Morse likes this.
    11-06-15 07:18 PM
    I tried one out just now at my local ATT store and I was not impressed. I really wanted to like it but I think I'll go get a Z30 or stick with my Z10 a bit longer. I'm very disappointed. It was just too big and unbalanced and felt cheap. I wasn't impressed with either the slide out keypad or the touch keypad compared with my Z10, which was shocking.
    Yea, I apologized to my 3 month old brought new from Blackberry Z30. I saw it at the ATT store and said there is no way in good conscience I would pay full retail for this device. Nothing screams (Premium) and the keyboard is too small ...and I have average size hands for a man. I have not even mention the poor battery life. (Battery percentage dropped 3% in less than 5 minutes) and average camera quality. I would upgrade from Z30 with Passport SE than the Priv.
    BBd00d likes this.
    11-06-15 07:22 PM
130 12345 ...