2 people in here whining about not being able to press enter to send a text? Is this for real or are these fake accounts? NEWSFLASH, it's Android. Don't like the stock messaging app? Head on over to the GPS and try out one of 1436 texting apps, I guarantee at least 1435 of them support hitting enter to send. SMH
    andy957 and Johnny Dollar like this.
    11-06-15 01:59 PM
    fine.... ill just get an "app" for it.. cause i need an app for everything now.... What about instant email on 8 email accounts? how is that fixed?
    labyrinth9 likes this.
    11-06-15 02:03 PM
    Not overly impressed with the software, I know it's Android but the Hub is very buggy from what I've been experiencing today. Can anyone tell me how to mark an item read from the main hub screen? If you swipe left it deletes if you swipe right it snoozes? Think I will have to go back to the Passport. Also the volume is not very impressive on the speaker and notifications in general.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's too bad. Do you think it might change with a few more days of getting used to the OS?
    11-06-15 02:05 PM
    I noticed there was an update to the Hub in the Play Store--along with updates to a bevy of other BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:08 PM
    I've dug and haven't been able to locate such option.

Go to settings and then swipe short cuts to adjust.

11-06-15 02:12 PM
    To change the behaviour

From the Hub, go to Settings -> General Settings scroll down to "Left Swipe Gesture" and change it to mark as read / unread. If you're not seeing that you may need to update your app via Google Play
    I had gone to the playstore earlier to make sure I had the latest updates but did not see any updates for any of the blackberry apps, just went back now and did a search for Blackberry and all of them required updates! So it looks like playstore does not notify on BlackBerry apps needing updates? We'll see what happens after everything is updated. Thanks for bringing this up.

11-06-15 02:13 PM
    I noticed there was an update to the Hub in the Play Store--along with updates to a bevy of other BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I found those and they weren't there when you click update all apps. I had to go find all blackberry apps and update each one manually. My favorite bug so far is I selected hangouts as my default text messages, so anytime trying to select the hub hangouts would open. Had to reboot the phone to correct and open the hub.
    11-06-15 02:15 PM
    fine.... ill just get an "app" for it.. cause i need an app for everything now.... What about instant email on 8 email accounts? how is that fixed?
    Last I checked, no BB10 had instant email. BES servers that are responsible for instant email were discontinued with BBOS7 (unless you had corporate email and whatnot)

Even my fully unlocked Z10 doesn't have instant email. When you dig into email settings, you'll find an option to set your sync interval, with 5min being shortest

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:17 PM
    I don't have my Priv yet, but every Android phone I've had allows you to get instant email notification from multiple accounts just by adding those accounts to the default Android email app. I get instant email notification for 5 email accounts on my 3 year old Galaxy Note 2 and it has never been an issue.

11-06-15 02:18 PM
    incorrect!
    11-06-15 02:24 PM
    The priv is very buggy... with the keyboard exposed the touchscreen doesnt react to touch the way it does when its closed and things have to get tapped several times to work...2...no more instant email for my yahoo/gmail/corp/hotmail/domain accounts? now it has to sync? what a joke. everytime i type a txt i have to press the touch screen to send it instead of pressing enter? whats the point of the HUB if the emails lag so bad?
    So you registered three hours ago in the Crackberry forum to complain about the PRIV? Appleish behaviour

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:24 PM
    I've dug and haven't been able to locate such option.

Update your hub

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:25 PM
    At least you gave it a try. Not really lol

2 people in here whining about not being able to press enter to send a text? Is this for real or are these fake accounts? NEWSFLASH, it's Android. Don't like the stock messaging app? Head on over to the GPS and try out one of 1436 texting apps, I guarantee at least 1435 of them support hitting enter to send. SMH
    I'm pretty sure they're speaking about it being absent from the physical keyboard. Downloading a texting app won't change the physical key layout and is unlikely to alter the functions of the presets already in place. I don't like the sound of typing with the keyboard then being forced to touch the touch screen separately if that's what they're speaking about...?

Posted via CB10
    yes, cause im F**** Outraged ... then to top it off blackberry sends me an email telling me the kardashians are also getting the PRIV TODAY!... great huh? exact wording of the email" the wait is over, the Kardashians are getting the new priv.. reddit users cants top talking about it and its caught the attention of news outlets everywhere.....blah blah blah"
    11-06-15 02:26 PM
    I had gone to the playstore earlier to make sure I had the latest updates but did not see any updates for any of the blackberry apps, just went back now and did a search for Blackberry and all of them required updates! So it looks like playstore does not notify on BlackBerry apps needing updates? We'll see what happens after everything is updated. Thanks for bringing this up.

No problem.

Regarding Play Store updates - you'll find some peculiarities with it - and it's not specific to the Priv (I use a Nexus 5 / 7 / and a whole bunch of other devices) - sometimes it'll say there are updates available. And sometimes you have to go looking for them. Sometimes even if you have auto-update on, and connected to wifi (generally default setting) - it won't update until like a day later.
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-06-15 02:27 PM
    I don't have my Priv yet, but every Android phone I've had allows you to get instant email notification from multiple accounts just by adding those accounts to the default Android email app. I get instant email notification for 5 email accounts on my 3 year old Galaxy Note 2 and it has never been an issue.

Same here. No issues getting instant email on my S6. Never even set it, might be default setting.
    11-06-15 02:27 PM
    yes, cause im F**** Outraged ... then to top it off blackberry sends me an email telling me the kardashians are also getting the PRIV TODAY!... great huh? exact working the wait is over the Kardashians are getting the new priv.. reddit users cants top talking about it and its caught the attention of news outlets everywhere.....
    Seriously? Who gives a flying fruck what the Kardashers are doing.
    11-06-15 02:29 PM

Getting them instantly on my Priv....so ya.....just fyi poster had his thread closed by mods already #justsayin
    11-06-15 02:30 PM
    OP I am not trying to judge you... But you should give the phone more than a day. A phone is an investment. You need more than a day for a phone to reach its full potential.

Heinz Katchup and dusanvn like this.
    11-06-15 02:33 PM
    OP I am not trying to judge you... But you should give the phone more than a day. A phone is an investment. You need more than a day for a phone to reach its full potential.

I never said I was returning it today, just that I was thinking about doing so. Let's see what happens when I update everything. Socks that you have to dig for the blackberry updates and do so manually.

11-06-15 02:42 PM
    Last I checked, no BB10 had instant email. BES servers that are responsible for instant email were discontinued with BBOS7 (unless you had corporate email and whatnot)

Even my fully unlocked Z10 doesn't have instant email. When you dig into email settings, you'll find an option to set your sync interval, with 5min being shortest

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me, please, but BB10 does have instant email. I have all my email accounts sync option on Manual and I send/receive emails instantly.
    11-06-15 02:43 PM
    Finally... thank you Dmitry.... Android does not have this... you must choose how often it sync...

i have hotmailx2, gmailx3,yahoox2 and corp work email....8 accounts total.. if someone can tell me how to have them all instant like i do on my blackberry classic... i would very ,much appreciate it... Maybe i should email the Kardashians, blackberry sent me an email telling me they got the priv today also, maybe they know how to do it.
    Dmitry Kisselyov likes this.
    11-06-15 02:45 PM
    I would wait for a few updates before you go return it.

If you don't want to wait, I will be more than happy to take it off your hands for free!
    11-06-15 02:53 PM
    Why do people not willing to put up with this stuff buy it on day one? You know when you return the phone, all profit is lost on the phone? It's like people upgrading to Win10 on the first day and surprised some stuff is broken. SMH

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395, fryk and Mecca EL like this.
    11-06-15 02:54 PM
130 1234 ...