So I used my 3 week old Priv outside in broad daylight under the sun this past Thursday and Friday, and now it has this ugly green tint throughout the whole screen. The blacks aren't true black like an AMOLED should be, but greenish.

Any suggestions? (Besides buying a KEYone)
    03-10-18 05:14 PM
    Interesting... my 2 plus year old Priv will get a green tint screen but only when it's been in very cold temperatures. This only just started happening last Fall but once it's in warm temperatures the green tint goes away.

I've never experienced the green tint when my Priv has been outside exposed to sunlight. This is the first I've heard of what you're describing. Others like myself started experiencing the green tint last Fall when subjected to cold temperatures.

Regardless, for this to happen to a 3 week old Priv seems very unusual.

Bob
    03-10-18 05:37 PM
    My Priv screen is also green. Side-by-side, the Passport and Keyone both have better screens imo.
    03-11-18 10:11 AM
    It's almost like OLED screens aren't the saviours everyone hypes them up to be.

Till, that IS very odd.

Remember that OLED screens do tend to have a slightly different colour pallets, and placing them next to an LCD device they'll always look a bit odd.

nonetheless, I haven't seen that happen either. If its 3 weeks old, you should get a replacement.
    03-11-18 10:19 AM
    It's almost like OLED screens aren't the saviours everyone hypes them up to be.

Till, that IS very odd.

Remember that OLED screens do tend to have a slightly different colour pallets, and placing them next to an LCD device they'll always look a bit odd.

nonetheless, I haven't seen that happen either. If its 3 weeks old, you should get a replacement.
    Meh, I got this Priv cause it was like 120€ brand new, it was a replacement itself as it came in a cheap looking white box with a BB sticker on it.

Anyway, this tint only came up since last Thursday after a day at the beach. Could it be the screen protector that absorbed sunlight rays in a bad way and affected the display?

It's prob not as green as the Matrix movies but the blacks aren't true blacks like they used to be...
    03-11-18 11:15 AM
    good thinking... screen protector yields greenhouse effect and you may have baked the display... yet, I do not know if that would yield a green dominance... anyone ?
    03-11-18 12:32 PM
    good thinking... screen protector yields greenhouse effect and you may have baked the display... yet, I do not know if that would yield a green dominance... anyone ?
    Baked the display? That doesn't sound good...
    03-11-18 01:18 PM
    Well, I am not qualified to go further, but if the phone has a system to protect from overheating, must be a reason... I would worry some damage done to the display or something... maybe someone else with greater knowledge will post here
    03-11-18 03:32 PM
    Did you try rebooting your Priv?
    03-12-18 02:22 AM
    Did you try rebooting your Priv?
    Yup, I could rule out software by doing factory reset but I'll prob wait till I get the next device before going through the hassle of re setting up everything
    03-12-18 05:28 AM