I like my priv. I've had it for 2-3 years. What gets me is when I need it to really perform it let's me down. I was using GPS (google maps) and the phone overheated and it restarted on its own. It's done this before. It really is annoying because I had to pretty much stop what I was doing and wait for the phone to reboot. Does this happen to anyone else? Does happen to any other kind of mobile phone? It's not like I'm running music videos, text messaging, and running social media. All I was doing was using maps. *sigh* I vent here because who else will listen?
    11-12-18 06:22 PM
    I like my priv. I've had it for 2-3 years. What gets me is when I need it to really perform it let's me down. I was using GPS (google maps) and the phone overheated and it restarted on its own. It's done this before. It really is annoying because I had to pretty much stop what I was doing and wait for the phone to reboot. Does this happen to anyone else? Does happen to any other kind of mobile phone? It's not like I'm running music videos, text messaging, and running social media. All I was doing was using maps. *sigh* I vent here because who else will listen?
    It’s the “hand warmer” feature that BB perfected so well on it’s last manufactured device. Why complain about the most universally known and recognized feature of the PRIV?
    gebco likes this.
    11-12-18 06:32 PM
    Why complain? This is a forum. Sort it out. Besides, my issue is with the GPS restarting the phone at times.
    11-12-18 06:45 PM
    Why complain? This is a forum. Sort it out. Besides, my issue is with the GPS restarting the phone at times.
    It was sarcasm. The PRIV overheats more than any other phone I can think of. PRIV=Fireball

The overheating causes all kinds of special issues. LOL
    the_boon likes this.
    11-12-18 07:29 PM
    You may find some ideas here /blackberry-priv-f440/priv-runs-really-good-if-you-1138933/
    11-12-18 10:29 PM
    This is a well documented problem with the Priv. It can't handle loads well , especially things like Google Maps and loads extremely slowly.
    11-12-18 10:39 PM
    Are you on Marshmallow?

Maybe try another GPS app, like Telenav Scout or Maps.me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-12-18 11:14 PM
    It was sarcasm
    Duh

On a serious note, yes, navigating stinks on the Priv. Try a different maps app, or if you want a keyboard I'd upgrade to a KEY2/KEY2 LE
    11-13-18 07:34 AM
    I struggled using Google Maps on my PRIV for navigation over the 3 years I had it. It simply would never work consistently, if at all. I wasn't experiencing the heating issue until towards the last 6 months... Thankfully... 😁

Since moving to the Key2 I'm not having any issues navigating with Google Maps... bottom line it works!!! 👍

Bob
    11-13-18 08:48 AM
    My Priv got warm and lagged as well with using Google Maps for navigation. Now I have a KEYone which works very well with both Google Maps and Waze. I still use my Priv as a backup phone and when I want to look at a map on a larger screen I sometimes use it for looking at the map. But I no longer use it for the actual navigation, with rare exceptions. I wish I had a solution for OP but I don't really, unfortunately, short of an upgrade. I still love the Priv form factor and hope there may someday be a Priv2.
    11-17-18 02:35 PM
    It was sarcasm. The PRIV overheats more than any other phone I can think of. PRIV=Fireball

The overheating causes all kinds of special issues. LOL
    Ummm... Note 7...
    11-17-18 08:18 PM