Just like many others here in CB, was watching Priv since the rumors have started a while ago. Wasn't sure whether to pre order without physically playing with one - plus the price of CAD900 is a bit too high.
    Finally got to see the phone in person at a store and decided to buy it - called around many stores most of them didnt have the stock or will not sell it outright as they all wanted me to go on a plan which I'm not prepared to.
    Luckily today called a store and they said they have one just open box - the client returned it within 30 mins. So rushed to the store and picked it up for a good price of CAD650+tax. Setting it up right now and will let you know how things work out.

I think its a good deal at the price ..
    tw820, LazyEvul, geekaren and 1 others like this.
    11-13-15 02:36 PM
    Great find! Enjoy your Priv!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:38 PM
    Congratulations! Yes, no question you've got yourself a great deal, enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:40 PM
    Good for you VH man let us know how the Prev works out for you .
    11-13-15 02:45 PM
    Sounds like this is open to abuse with collusion.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 02:48 PM
    great deal!!
    11-13-15 02:48 PM
    Sounds like this is open to abuse with collusion.

Posted via CB10
    Lol... genius.

Time for a new WTS/WTB/WTT forum category.

Want to Return^2

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-13-15 03:30 PM
    Lol... genius.

Want to Return^2

Posted via CB10
    Don't notice any abuse so far..everything seems to be in mint condition. Checked with the store multiple times - they have ensured its not tampered with in anyway before they take it back. So far so good...
    11-13-15 03:34 PM
    Just like many others here in CB, was watching Priv since the rumors have started a while ago. Wasn't sure whether to pre order without physically playing with one - plus the price of CAD900 is a bit too high.
    Finally got to see the phone in person at a store and decided to buy it - called around many stores most of them didnt have the stock or will not sell it outright as they all wanted me to go on a plan which I'm not prepared to.
    Luckily today called a store and they said they have one just open box - the client returned it within 30 mins. So rushed to the store and picked it up for a good price of CAD650+tax. Setting it up right now and will let you know how things work out.

I think its a good deal at the price ..
    Got the same deal from Rogers when I was about to buy a new one they offered me a returned one that the person opened in store and changed his mind cost me $650 plus tax

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nomi1978 and geekaren like this.
    11-13-15 03:37 PM
    I am waiting another month, price will drop in half or more! But hey, you gave everyone a great idea. Friends can return their purchase, another friend can go in and buy an open box item but only if the store is honest (unlike DR)

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    11-13-15 03:38 PM
    Don't notice any abuse so far..everything seems to be in mint condition. Checked with the store multiple times - they have ensured its not tampered with in anyway before they take it back. So far so good...
    I think what BCITMike meant by 'abuse' was two customers agreeing to each buy a unit, open the box, return the unit, then call each other's stores asking for stock... and both receiving an open box discount.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-13-15 03:59 PM
    I think what BCITMike meant by 'abuse' was two customers agreeing to each buy a unit, open the box, return the unit, then call each other's stores asking for stock... and both receiving an open box discount.

Posted via CB10
    I see - I certainly didnt do this. In fact this phone I got is not even with my carrier. Waiting to unlock code now.
    11-13-15 04:02 PM
    No, from people going in and intentionally returning a phone, so that his buddy gets a steep discount for a pristine phone. The open box special.
    11-13-15 04:05 PM
    Wish I could have found a deal like that. I've had mine since launch day, trying to find one for my cousin.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 04:08 PM
    Congrats on that score. Certainly the phone is not for everyone. There are those that like the slabs and other that like keyboards...and those that only like certain keyboards. Hopefully that is the reason for many returns than quality issues.
    11-13-15 04:13 PM
    I paid CAD620.00 for a brand new unopened BlackBerry Priv at my wireless carrier store.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 05:40 PM
    Lol... genius.

Want to Return^2

Posted via CB10
    WTC = Want to Collude
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-13-15 05:50 PM
    I paid CAD620.00 for a brand new unopened BlackBerry Priv at my wireless carrier store.

You're forgetting to mention the catch... You don't just get a 30% discount without some specialness.

Price error, employee discount, credit, tab credit, signed up for expensive plan, etc.
    11-13-15 06:20 PM
    WTC = Want to Collude
    Hahaha... excellent.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-13-15 06:53 PM
    Nice Werk!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:30 PM
    You're forgetting to mention the catch... You don't just get a 30% discount without some specialness.

Price error, employee discount, credit, tab credit, signed up for expensive plan, etc.
    I kept my current plan although I had to renew the contract for two years. However I would be paying the same monthly fee whether on or off contract. A discount of CAD75.00 was applied for reward points. By the end of the two years I will have saved more than CAD200.00.

11-13-15 10:03 PM
    No, from people going in and intentionally returning a phone, so that his buddy gets a steep discount for a pristine phone. The open box special.
    The wireless carrier will be on the lookout for these buy-return-buy patterns. Every smartphone is registered in the wireless carrier's database. Fraud is a criminal offence with unpleasant outcomes for the collusion actors. Any wireless carrier employees involved face termination as well as criminal charges.

11-13-15 10:13 PM
    I am waiting another month, price will drop in half or more! But hey, you gave everyone a great idea. Friends can return their purchase, another friend can go in and buy an open box item but only if the store is honest (unlike DR)

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    I initially thought of waiting for a Black Friday deal, but considering shopblackberry isn't shipping pre-orders yet (well... most of us won't be fulfilled until Thanksgiving), I don't think they can do a discount.

Will also depend on how much they can ramp up production. If demand is right on with production, no need for a discount so soon. You can still pre-order via shopblackberry as far as I'm aware.

Maybe carriers will do special deals, but I'm only interested in direct unlocked, no carrier branding, faster updates, etc. We'll see...

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 10:47 PM
    I initially thought of waiting for a Black Friday deal, but considering shopblackberry isn't shipping pre-orders yet (well... most of us won't be fulfilled until Thanksgiving), I don't think they can do a discount.

Will also depend on how much they can ramp up production. If demand is right on with production, no need for a discount so soon. You can still pre-order via shopblackberry as far as I'm aware.

Maybe carriers will do special deals, but I'm only interested in direct unlocked, no carrier branding, faster updates, etc. We'll see...

Posted via CB10
    shopblackberry? Really? I wouldnt order anything from DR if it was the last store on earth! I was offered a nice deal from my cell provider but they wanted me to increase my monthly payment by 100%, needless to say, it aint gonna happen. I am not going to give up my grandfathered plan to get half of what I am getting now and pay double for it just to save $500 on a phone. Not sure why they would even think someone would be that dumb. They said :But Sir, then you can be Android." Haha, I think thats the last thing I would want to do. I was going to get it for my girlfriend as a gift but she will never know now
    11-13-15 11:05 PM
    How much is Rogers' open box discount? I know WIND's open box discount is $30 (or that's what I've been consistently quoted anyway).
    11-15-15 12:08 PM
27 12