My wife surprised me on my birthday that was yesterday. I've got a new BlackBerry Priv! She is not a 'gadget' person and that surprised me on how she got to know what I was after... anyway will start enjoying using it... I'm still using a BlackBerry Z10 and it works perfectly fine and what a great OS... now transferring data to the new phone.... not sure how good Android is, but I believe it depends on the person... for me BlackBerry OS is great, but with the recent news and changes.... need one step further...
    Got a new BlackBerry Priv!-img_20160818_131947.jpg

Posted via CB10
    FF22, Norg and Johnpetter like this.
    08-18-16 12:27 AM
    Enjoy ! It is a really good phone.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    08-18-16 12:29 AM
    I'm envious of you man . Awesome device . Lost mine . This is an amazing device . Your transition will be seamless.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-18-16 01:35 AM
    My wife surprised me on my birthday that was yesterday. I've got a new BlackBerry Priv! She is not a 'gadget' person and that surprised me on how she got to know what I was after... anyway will start enjoying using it... I'm still using a BlackBerry Z10 and it works perfectly fine and what a great OS... now transferring data to the new phone.... not sure how good Android is, but I believe it depends on the person... for me BlackBerry OS is great, but with the recent news and changes.... need one step further...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160818_131947.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	406719

Posted via CB10
    It will definitely take getting use to Android. It is just different enough that it can be awkward for a while.

You might want to check for updates to bb apps. Open the Playstore and search for "Blackberry Limited" and you'll see the official BB apps as well as other apps that seem associated with it. If you use an sd-card, look down that list for MicroSoft exfat driver and install that for larger cards.
    08-18-16 09:22 AM
    In all honesty it's best you waited on getting the Priv. By now all of the software and hardware bugs that were present when it first launched should be gone.

Enjoy!

Sent from my Priv
    08-18-16 09:26 AM
    Congrats to OP! I've had mine for just over a month, coming from a Z30. I'm finally fairly comfortable with the OS. You may have to give it some time. It is nice to have access to apps without workarounds.

08-18-16 10:13 AM
    Sweet, is it a Unlocked Priv from BlackBerry or a carrier branded Priv?
    You will like it and there is a App for that and this and that and this and that and almost everything. You might get sick of all the apps out there, lol
    08-18-16 11:33 AM
    Congrats, enjoy the PRIV. I came from Z30 and the transition was more than fine for me, BlackBerry left it's footprint on Android and it's works pretty well I'd say, at least for me.

08-18-16 01:13 PM
    Awesome, congrats!

08-18-16 01:14 PM
    Congrats! The Priv has come a long way since release and now it's pretty great.

I love this little device.

08-18-16 01:16 PM
    Congrats. I think you will enjoy it. I had prior android experience before getting mine so the transition back wasn't bad for me but there's a lot of the bb10 stuff in there that will be familiar even if is different. Ya just gotta get used to the things that are different but unless are like my mother and NO technology things stick with you, you will be up and running in no time. Lol my mother can't understand the difference between the Internet and her email despite REPEATEDLY explaining it. If it wasn't for wanting to be able to manage her email while on vacation I should have left her on a flip phone lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-18-16 01:21 PM
    You will like it and there is a App for that and this and that and this and that and almost everything. You might get sick of all the apps out there, lol
    It is unlocked. But, havent put my current sim in as it needs a 'nano' type sim? We are still on holiday and it will be sometime next week or so to change the sim card.. yeah you are right 'almost' everything has their own apps... lol... but I am not a 'social' person with no WhatsApp, FB, IG etc....

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 09:19 PM
    .. opss sorry, double posted!
    08-18-16 09:23 PM
    You will like it. Has some quirks but mostly all good.

08-18-16 10:14 PM
    First thing first... CrackBerry app of course...
    Tried a couple of things... Hub ... so far so good.... But as per lots of reviews before not as good as in BBOS10...fine with that... Downloaded a couple of apps... local Malaysia cable TV... News.. Runs smoothly... however I do find an overheat after a long time Internet browsing.. I have upgraded to the MM last night but the issue issue still there... any advise? Thanks

08-18-16 11:14 PM
    Give it a month and go all in kn the Android OS. I love mine. And I don't miss BlackBerry one bit, after using BlackBerry since the first device they ever offered.

via Priv
    08-18-16 11:39 PM
    Congratulations!
    I have had my PRIV for only one week and I think it's great. I was most recently with iOS so there was a bit of a learning curve but it is going well. I never used BB10 but I know the Hub and it is awesome. The HUB on android is not there yet in that to text (any associated app) you get pushed to the app rather that construct the response from the app. As a result there is a lot of back and forth between HUB and these apps. This should improve with future iterations.

When you get every thing going you will have multiple rounds of updating for the first few day. First to Marshmallow but then the BlackBerry apps have multiple updates until you get the most recent version. Then everything is great.

Love the keyboard!!

Enjoy

08-18-16 11:45 PM
    Congratulations!
    I have had my PRIV for only one week and I think it's great. I was most recently with iOS so there was a bit of a learning curve but it is going well. I never used BB10 but I know the Hub and it is awesome. The HUB on android is not there yet in that to text (any associated app) you get pushed to the app rather that construct the response from the app. As a result there is a lot of back and forth between HUB and these apps. This should improve with future iterations.

When you get every thing going you will have multiple rounds of updating for the first few day. First to Marshmallow but then the BlackBerry apps have multiple updates until you get the most recent version. Then everything is great.

Love the keyboard!!

Enjoy

The vkb was what I fell in love with on my bb10 phones coming from android before but I tell ya I use the pkb more now. I'm really liking it. I put a tempered glass screen protector on and it cut down on the sensitivity of my screen in some spots. Messes with my typing. I'm getting pretty good now with the pkb. Never had one before

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-24-16 07:15 PM
    I have had my Priv for several months now and I can say that my Passport is now in my past except for BT in my car. The priv doesn't pair or play music as well as the Passport. Now I use both: priv for calls and passport for music. Otherwise the Priv is my favorite phone of all time. I recommend the leather case with the active window. I think you'll find the Priv very useful.

FF22 likes this.
    08-24-16 09:40 PM
    There's a post in the Stickies section for this type of thread.
    08-24-16 10:24 PM