So I got my priv today. literally been about five hours with it, so still fiddling.
    Because I have never had an Android phone, it is a steep learning curve (although I do have a Samsung tab, so not totally unfamiliar with Android)
    As background been BlackBerry since the Pearl and had a Torch two Bold's, Z10, Z30, and the Pasport.

Initial thoughts

1) Keeping this and commited to Android. As much as I love my passport, the Android integration sucked and got to be annoying, esp with updates and trying to make it all work together.
    2) Phone is noticeably lighter than the Passport, keyboard is tiny and the layout is different so frustrating right now (going back to the great screen keyboard like the Z30 a lot)
    3) Appreciate all the great things about BB10 even more like app switching, and a more integrated hub.
    4) Having all the Google services makes me feel like I am in the modern age.
    5) Reminds me of the Torch. Love the screen real estate.
    6) it's a great screen.

So those are my thoughts after a few hours. This is a premium BlackBerry, but it is an Android machine

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-06-15 09:07 PM
    Glad you're going to keep it. Eventually you will get used to the differences ....I did. Only thing I really miss is bedside mode. Still trying to find the right app...
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    11-06-15 09:12 PM
    Yes, this world of apps is good and overwhelming somewhat. I just want productivity which came pretty much baked in the Passport.
    This is a good device. I can imagine now someone coming from Android to the Z30 or Passport... Probably not pleasant.

11-06-15 09:19 PM
    Make sure you manually update all BlackBerry apps, the ones it ships with are all buggy.

After updating BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry keyboard, BlackBerry Calendar, BlackBerry launcher, and Password Keeper (whew!) it feels a lot better.

None of them showed updates available from the main My Apps page, but searching for them showed an update available. Once you do that, they show up in your apps.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    11-06-15 09:21 PM
    Not sure I understand the manual update. If I go to the play store and check, then all good?

11-06-15 09:25 PM
    So I got my priv today. literally been about five hours with it, so still fiddling.
    Because I have never had an Android phone, it is a steep learning curve (although I do have a Samsung tab, so not totally unfamiliar with Android)
    As background been BlackBerry since the Pearl and had a Torch two Bold's, Z10, Z30, and the Pasport.

Initial thoughts

1) Keeping this and commited to Android. As much as I love my passport, the Android integration sucked and got to be annoying, esp with updates and trying to make it all work together.
    2) Phone is noticeably lighter than the Passport, keyboard is tiny and the layout is different so frustrating right now (going back to the great screen keyboard like the Z30 a lot)
    3) Appreciate all the great things about BB10 even more like app switching, and a more integrated hub.
    5) Reminds me of the Torch. Love the screen real estate.
    6) it's a great screen.

So those are my thoughts after a few hours. This is a premium BlackBerry, but it is an Android machine

This the reason I snagged a used Q10 for insanely cheap ($90 CDN) from Ebay LOL! I'm typing on this as I'm waiting for the Priv!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:28 PM
    Glad you're going to keep it. Eventually you will get used to the differences ....I did. Only thing I really miss is bedside mode. Still trying to find the right app...
    It's called "Night Mode" and can be found in the Clock app, click the 3 dots overflow menu.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    DolemiteDONS and piquepoc like this.
    11-07-15 12:34 AM
    Substitute your Passport with my Q10 and I totally agree with the following comments.

6) it's a great screen.

11-07-15 01:06 AM
    Not sure I understand the manual update. If I go to the play store and check, then all good?

Yes, search for those apps then update them. If your search for apps by Blackberry Limited. you should find them all.
    11-07-15 01:27 AM
    I think I will have the same feeling when I will get it.
    But Android is ok for me, even if BB10 is the best
    11-07-15 04:50 AM