I got the same re-update to MM this morning. And nope, not in the beta program. Using a shopblackberry priv on AT&T. Not sure if I need to download it yet. Seems like overkill for an update, as an aggregate of fixes. But that's probably my paranoia kicking in lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-30-16 12:35 PM
    Update finished. Security patch level June 1, 2016. I'm not in the beta program
    Ditto. I have STV100-1 unlocked from Blackberry US. June 1 security patch. It now says Build AAF 153.

Is that the Big Kahuna expected at the end of this week? Got the prelim app updates a few days back, but they are trying to foist the WatchDox update on me today. As non BES, I think that once is irrelevant to me. I noticed a couple of small cosmetic changes, but have not used enough since downloading to tell any material changes yet.

Last edited by TBonius Rex; 05-30-16 at 02:27 PM.
    05-30-16 02:15 PM
    If you're getting AAF153 and you are not in beta somebody got trigger happy on BlackBerry Beta program. If you are on a US carrier still on 5.1.1 grab it and welcome to MM

Attached Thumbnails Got Marshmallow update prompt- AGAIN!-51406.jpg  
    05-30-16 02:32 PM

Attached Thumbnails Got Marshmallow update prompt- AGAIN!-51407.jpg  
    Vidge likes this.
    05-30-16 02:33 PM
    My partner's phone appears totally FIXED regarding the overheating issue, and my car's bluetooth disconnect issue is now FIXED! Do we have BlackBerry to thank for pushing these fixes out? If so, this (timely updates) is a reason why we own Blackberry
    No thank Apple, they pushed it out.

Just kidding but I am SO happy to see this update pushed out so quick. I got Beta 4 a couple weeks ago and now this already!

05-30-16 02:37 PM
    I guess I'm honored to have been on this list erroneously , since I'm not a beta - type, nor do I have the ability outside this forum to weigh in.

One desired change that apparently has not made it yet is that the address / search bar has not been moved to the bottom of the screen. This defies human logic.

The Hub does not seem any more organic than is was before the update, though it has come a long way since it's debut on Android.

The Notifications maze does not seem to have simplified with the new update, though it has gotten better since early on - but still has a LONG way to go to approach the ease of BB10.

To the many members of the BB10 nation pining for BlackBerry Blend or File Manager, I have not seen anything like that yet.

05-30-16 02:53 PM
    Thanks to the OP. I read this post because I happened to be here on CrackBerry. Then I checked my phone because I have a ShopBlackBerry unlocked Priv. Well, what do you know, I see that this update is available to me as well. I assume it is ok to download it.
    garpt likes this.
    05-30-16 03:28 PM
    Some additions to above post: Bedside mode sir also and. Remember app, maybe BBVE BlackBerry virtual expert?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 03:30 PM
    There is a nice new little Calendar feature of the "at-a-glance" nature. The monthly view now shows markings in a circle around each day that show "busy" time allocated to an event. The colors of these markings correspond to the color of the account for which the event is booked. Will try to attach screen shoot. But not sure if it will be an "inline" view or not.

Attached Thumbnails Got Marshmallow update prompt- AGAIN!-10992.jpg  
    05-30-16 03:45 PM
    loading it now
    05-30-16 03:59 PM
    Lol bro you not in beta ,but you got it too?
    The change log of what fix is in beta zone
    Nope bro, when the beta registration was there i haven't had my priv yet hence i haven't been able to register, and now it's closed already so i can't enrol anymore..

But last night my phone got an update notification and i just followed that and voila.. i got the AAF153..

Well, when i was updating i hooked my priv to the charger (my charger is QC 2.0) and at that time the battery juice was 20% before the reboot hence once it has finished the installation and apps optimisation, i felt my phone was a bit warmer than usual, and suddenly a system message appeared saying that my phone's temperature was a bit high, but it didn't stay for too long, everything gradually went back to normal about 5 mins after that.

I think having OS update while hooking your phone to a QC charger while your phone is low on juice will cause this to happen. Perhaps this can be managed on the next update.

Awaiting for the june 6 update..

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 05:32 PM
    After seeing the CB article, I just checked and sure enough I got it. Hopefully this fixes the texting/lag issue I have.
    05-30-16 06:32 PM
    If you're getting AAF153 and you are not in beta somebody got trigger happy on BlackBerry Beta program. If you are on a US carrier still on 5.1.1 grab it and welcome to MM

I'm now on AAF153. In Canada on Rogers. STV100-1 unlocked from BlackBerry Store. I'm not on beta.
    05-30-16 06:51 PM
    No thank Apple, they pushed it out.

Just kidding but I am SO happy to see this update pushed out so quick. I got Beta 4 a couple weeks ago and now this already!

I guess I meant is this an update that BB team applied their fixes to and then sent it out, or was it just an Android release that BB pushed to us, if that makes sense.
    05-30-16 06:57 PM
    If you get offered this take it!

05-30-16 07:12 PM
    My phone just finished updating. I had MM already and this was a complete re-install. I have a ShopBlackBerry phone and am on T-Mobile. I am not on the Beta program either. The download and installation takes quite a while. Probably took a total of about 45 minutes from the time I started it. I made sure there was plenty of battery left and then I let it to do its thing. It will require you to unlock it twice, including after it has completed the entire process.
    05-30-16 07:55 PM
    Has it been definitely determined that if we got this and are not on the Beta program that it was a "mistake" somewhere up above?
    Anyway, I don't care and I'm thrilled to receive it because for myself and my partner this has fixed our worst issues- for me the bluetooth issue, and for my partner the dreaded "runs hot and drains battery" issue. No new bugs as yet after running all day.
    We are VERY happy!
    mithrazor likes this.
    05-30-16 09:02 PM
    I am on beta program but couldn't get this update yet. Has anyone in beta program got this update? I am still on build AAF057.
    05-30-16 09:27 PM
    I am on beta program but couldn't get this update yet. Has anyone in beta program got this update? I am still on build AAF057.
    It's for STV100-1 for now
    05-30-16 09:28 PM
    Ok. Mine is stv 100-3.
    05-30-16 09:31 PM
    My phone just finished updating. I had MM already and this was a complete re-install. I have a ShopBlackBerry phone and am on T-Mobile. I am not on the Beta program either. The download and installation takes quite a while. Probably took a total of about 45 minutes from the time I started it. I made sure there was plenty of battery left and then I let it to do its thing. It will require you to unlock it twice, including after it has completed the entire process.
    By complete re-install do you mean the phone restored to factory state? I've been holding back to install the update because I'm afraid it will wipe the phone.
    05-30-16 10:42 PM
    After seeing the CB article, I just checked and sure enough I got it. Hopefully this fixes the texting/lag issue I have.
    And after having a pretty good text convo, it looks like this update has done the trick. I can finally use my Priv again without having to worry (at least for now).

05-30-16 10:48 PM
    By complete re-install do you mean the phone restored to factory state? I've been holding back to install the update because I'm afraid it will wipe the phone.
    No, its not a factory reset. You are safe, it simply "reinstalls" Marshmallow apparently with many fixes. Your phone will reboot as it was.
    05-30-16 11:29 PM
    By complete re-install, I mean that Marshmallow reinstalled. NOT the phone. It did not wipe my phone. Everything is there. It repeated the process of downloading Marshmallow and installing it again that took place for me on April 26th. BlackBerry must have decided that this was necessary for some reason, rather than just patching Marshmallow.
    05-30-16 11:45 PM
    No, its not a factory reset. You are safe, it simply "reinstalls" Marshmallow apparently with many fixes. Your phone will reboot as it was.
    By complete re-install, I mean that Marshmallow reinstalled. NOT the phone. It did not wipe my phone. Everything is there. It repeated the process of downloading Marshmallow and installing it again that took place for me on April 26th. BlackBerry must have decided that this was necessary for some reason, rather than just patching Marshmallow.
    Oh okay, I'll download it later then on WiFi. Thanks!
    05-31-16 01:37 AM
74 123