12-26-15 07:14 PM
36 12
tools
    Firstly blackberry 10 is and will continue with updates because it is used by most governments and many enterprise who require the utmost security . Problem is they do not need state of the art phones with high specs and they do no buy phones on a regular basis and the purchase cycle is much longer then the consumer who is motivated by the newest and highest specs on their mobile devices. Blackberry also owns the best OS for autos in QNX as well as the Internet of things. Blackberry also owns the PKB market for a reason . They have the patents for the proper unique keys which enable them to use small keyboards but keep Functionability and accuracy intact. No one can compete with BlackBerry in this market. Now the only reason people have left the PKB is that the consumer does not want BB10 for lack of Apps . The reality is that many consumers prefer the physical keyboard patented by BlackBerry. Once the Vienna comes on board and the priv becomes more saturated, You will see that the PKB makes a big comeback . All these asset values can only be maximized by a large tech company like Google which have the resources blackberry does not have . Google would stand to benefit the most since they would immediately take over the enterprise and government markets with BlackBerrys ultra secure network. they will likely keep BB10 separate from their basic android network and could charge a premium for this OS especially if google play would be included. I predict blackberry will be bought within 2 to 3 years between 20 and 30$ a share . You heard it here first

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ckh_bb and lesarmitage like this.
    12-26-15 12:54 PM
    Good thoughts, but in my opinion governments trust BlackBerry only as long as they are independent, especially from Google.

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    12-26-15 01:03 PM
    OP, I am not sure what part off the world you are from, but your premise is a fantasy.

Do you think that many of the governing entities in the world will trust their security to Google?

Posted via CB10
    gugomat and nyplaya610 like this.
    12-26-15 01:07 PM
    I feel like I just read a science fiction novel.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    Tsepz_GP, gugomat and nyplaya610 like this.
    12-26-15 01:29 PM
    So let me get this straight, Google could have had everything you mentioned for about $9 a share 2 years ago when BlackBerry was actually for sale but figured they would hold off for 20 or 30 a share?

Tsepz_GP and lesarmitage like this.
    12-26-15 01:33 PM
    I didn't even read this and know it's not gonna happen lol

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    12-26-15 01:34 PM
    Can we come back to this thread in two years so that we can have a good laugh?
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-26-15 01:36 PM
    Firstly blackberry 10 is and will continue with updates because it is used by most governments and many enterprise who require the utmost security . Problem is they do not need state of the art phones with high specs and they do no buy phones on a regular basis and the purchase cycle is much longer then the consumer who is motivated by the newest and highest specs on their mobile devices. Blackberry also owns the best OS for autos in QNX as well as the Internet of things. Blackberry also owns the PKB market for a reason . They have the patents for the proper unique keys which enable them to use small keyboards but keep Functionability and accuracy intact. No one can compete with BlackBerry in this market. Now the only reason people have left the PKB is that the consumer does not want BB10 for lack of Apps . The reality is that many consumers prefer the physical keyboard patented by BlackBerry. Once the Vienna comes on board and the priv becomes more saturated, You will see that the PKB makes a big comeback . All these asset values can only be maximized by a large tech company like Google which have the resources blackberry does not have . Google would stand to benefit the most since they would immediately take over the enterprise and government markets with BlackBerrys ultra secure network. they will likely keep BB10 separate from their basic android network and could charge a premium for this OS especially if google play would be included. I predict blackberry will be bought within 2 to 3 years between 20 and 30$ a share . You heard it here first

Hopes, dreams and an incredible imagination. An entertaining post. Thanks a lot. Day made.
    12-26-15 02:15 PM
    Dept of Energy is now on Iphone

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 02:28 PM
    Google wants to keep BB10 to help with privacy? What are you smoking?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 02:29 PM
    If Google buys BlackBerry it will be like the Motorola deal, grab all the Patents and Sale the leftovers.
    12-26-15 02:35 PM
    I like to smoke weed Maybe and this made my eyes spin and I am not even smoking, lol
    12-26-15 02:41 PM
    You can clearly tell the OP has very little or no education and no business acumen.

12-26-15 02:47 PM
    Blackberry was not ever for sale for 9 or 10$ a share especially since board member and largest investor prem watsa has a cost much higher then 10 a share . Now as far a governments not trusting google . You are correct except for one small detail . There will be no choice. If black Berry shuts 👇 BB10 which they will do, if they are not sold then let me ask you what choice will they have . MS or apple or may be Samsung. Let's face it . Blackberry will become an android app developer . Why support BB10 losing money just so enterprises and governments can have top security . Chen is there for one reason. To build shareholder value . This can only be done by selling blackberry. go ahead and have a good laugh . But the writing is on the wall.

xtremeled likes this.
    12-26-15 02:48 PM
    I wonder how many govt users BB actually has now (outside of Canada).
    12-26-15 02:49 PM
    GOOGLE will buy blackberry within 2 years and keep BB10 and here's why-tumblr_m5xoycqgm81qd1uwa.jpg
    mrjmc99 likes this.
    12-26-15 02:51 PM
    Exactly another reason why google will most likely be the buyer of blackberry

12-26-15 02:52 PM
    I could see Google still buying BB, especially if they build a serious IoT platform.

But they would kill BB10 immediately.
    12-26-15 03:00 PM
    It's always nice to read some "alternative history" fiction.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 03:16 PM
    Blackberry was not ever for sale for 9 or 10$ a share especially since board member and largest investor prem watsa has a cost much higher then 10 a share . Now as far a governments not trusting google . You are correct except for one small detail . There will be no choice. If black Berry shuts 👇 BB10 which they will do, if they are not sold then let me ask you what choice will they have . MS or apple or may be Samsung. Let's face it . Blackberry will become an android app developer . Why support BB10 losing money just so enterprises and governments can have top security . Chen is there for one reason. To build shareholder value . This can only be done by selling blackberry. go ahead and have a good laugh . But the writing is on the wall.

Sure maybe the number wasn't set for a buyout but at the time the share price was under $6 per share. No matter how you slice it, Google could have bought it for a song and certainly much less than 20-30 a share.

12-26-15 03:36 PM
    IMO if Google was to buy BlackBerry it would be for three reasons:

1 The BlackBerry patent portfolio

2 QNX

3 Their MDM technologies

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-26-15 04:10 PM
    Blackberry was in terrible shape and nobody wanted it at any price. Also google had its hands full with Motorola. timing is everything and blackberry was saddled with huge overhead . Declining sale and no direction.

12-26-15 04:13 PM
    So let me get this straight, Google could have had everything you mentioned for about $9 a share 2 years ago when BlackBerry was actually for sale but figured they would hold off for 20 or 30 a share?

I dont have a comment for the OP but Let me get this strait. You think because people in power didnt pull the trigger on a company in another country 2 years ago they never should in the future. Wow, the world may actually work like that, there are a bunch of stupid people in power.
    12-26-15 04:20 PM
    Blackberry was in terrible shape and nobody wanted it at any price. Also google had its hands full with Motorola. timing is everything and blackberry was saddled with huge overhead . Declining sale and no direction.

Valid point. I don't think Google wants any part of BlackBerry. But now that they have sold Motorola to Lenovo guess anything could happen. Especially now that BlackBerry seems to be getting their house in order, or at least moving the right direction.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    12-26-15 04:24 PM

This is two of these fantasy posts in a day. STOP ALREADY!!!! BB is dying. It has been dying for years now. People don't want PKB's if they did you would see the two largest phone makers pumping them out. Your reality is sadly, only yours. Numbers don't even come close to backing you up. Google has an OS. Why would they trash an established OS to put out an OS that developers have already ignored? They wouldn't.Do you and the others who come up with these fantasies ever leave your parents basement?
    12-26-15 05:06 PM
36 12