Anyone else having a problem installing the latest Google update from the app store?? Downloads fine and attempts to install but shuts down the phone and reboots it without installing the update, When I check under "My apps and Games" heading, the request for the Google update remains. All others apps updated normally today except Google for the past couple of days,
    ragetechead likes this.
    11-20-18 07:26 PM
    I noticed that Google applications seems to be updated. Not sure If the Google update finished because it's running again.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-20-18 11:21 PM
    Yeah I had that also, but it seems to be fine now.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-21-18 05:39 AM
    I've had it happen where I try to install the update and the OS seems to update (not the phone), but if I try it a second time it takes forever but it works.
    Paullybob likes this.
    11-21-18 10:10 AM
    I had this problem these days on my Priv. After clearing the cache it worked fine again.
    Paullybob and Gerard62100 like this.
    11-21-18 10:29 AM
    Finally got the update to load properly. Had to uncheck the Auto-update box and then apply the update. The download asked my if I wanted to auto-update from now on, I clicked "Yes" and away it went!! Don't know if its what I did or just a fluke but anyway, update is done!!
    11-22-18 05:26 AM
    I have been having this issue since mid September.
    The solution that works for me is the following:
    Update everything except Google.
    Reboot.
    Update Google. It will fail, you will also note that auto orientation is off if you usually have it on.
    Reboot.
    Update Google and it will work.
    Hope this helps.
    Note that sometimes, like the Oct 29th update went on normally without issues.
    However Nov 16th simply would not work, but Nov 22 worked as described above.
    If BB is watching this, please fix these shenanigans
    mcelotto and ragetechead like this.
    11-27-18 08:25 AM
    I had this problem these days on my Priv. After clearing the cache it worked fine again.
    I resolved the issue by clearing the cache in my internal storage as well
    11-29-18 04:23 AM
    Still having this issue, seems that clearing the Google app cache is not effective every time. what more can we do, this is ridiculous.
    12-10-18 01:25 PM
    I do not know why. But my Solution is to keep the Phones Screen alive. When i make this update, I keep it in my Hands and scroll up and down to prevent that the Screen goes Black. Sounds funny, I know. But I had this Issue bevor and now I did this for the last four Updates and it worked every since. I takes a while and you must have a little patience. But it seems the only thing workes for me.
    Greetz. FED
    ragetechead likes this.
    12-12-18 04:53 AM
    I do not know why. But my Solution is to keep the Phones Screen alive. When i make this update, I keep it in my Hands and scroll up and down to prevent that the Screen goes Black. Sounds funny, I know. But I had this Issue bevor and now I did this for the last four Updates and it worked every since. I takes a while and you must have a little patience. But it seems the only thing workes for me.
    Greetz. FED
    This worked for me too. No idea why, but keeping your screen active while update installs worked!
    High-Tech.... As in you need to be high for this tech. SMH
    12-19-18 08:29 AM
    I have the exact same problem with no real solutions
    I do know that most if not all Blackberry Priv phones are having the exact same issue with that one app Google App
    09-23-21 10:23 PM
    All app updates on my Blackberry Priv install fine from the Play store and the only app the Google app is the only one that hasn't worked for over a month
    It installs then after some time reboots my phone this has been happening every single time and there seems to be no valid resolution in site
    All I know is that it seems to be effecting all BlackBerry Priv phones
    09-23-21 10:35 PM
    For that Adderall needs to be taken
    09-23-21 10:41 PM
    All app updates on my Blackberry Priv install fine from the Play store and the only app the Google app is the only one that hasn't worked for over a month
    It installs then after some time reboots my phone this has been happening every single time and there seems to be no valid resolution in site
    All I know is that it seems to be effecting all BlackBerry Priv phones
    I use Google Go on my Priv.
    09-24-21 09:45 AM
    I use Google Go on my Priv.
    Not a solution if you use the Google Assistant though.
    12-01-21 03:44 PM
    Well it's a 6 year old device stuck on a 6 year old OS, so beggars can't be choosers.
    12-01-21 04:18 PM
    Well it's a 6 year old device stuck on a 6 year old OS, so beggars can't be choosers.
    And I'm guessing you don't trust that Priv with any other use than this forum
    12-01-21 04:56 PM
    And I'm guessing you don't trust that Priv with any other use than this forum
    It would be a perfectly secure paperweight.
    12-01-21 05:31 PM
    I was just mentioning it as it's not really a replacement for the Google app.
    12-01-21 05:34 PM
    Secure from what?
    12-01-21 05:35 PM
    You don't need to run Google assistant on a priv through the Google app you can use Google assistant instead did but you have to download it as a separate item
    12-02-21 02:13 AM
    Greetz. FED
    Download the app: keep screen awake

Sent from my STV100-4 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-25-22 06:00 AM