I no longer have Google sync anymore. I don't have my calendar or contact information. If I go under the Google account it reads,"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". It's been like this since January 3, 2017. I also get an error when I try to manually sync the account, "unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped". I have removed the account and reinstalled it. I have restarted my phone several times. Please help!
    01-13-17 02:27 PM
    I had to factory reset the phone to get rid of this. Drastic I know, but nothing else worked. Good luck!
    01-13-17 09:22 PM
    Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> [account with issue], shut off/uncheck sync for Calendar and Contacts. Next go to Settings -> Application manager -> Calendar Storage, tap Storage then Clear data; repeat for Contacts Storage. Once data for those are cleared, reboot. After you're up and running, go back to Accounts and re-enable syncing for Calendar and Contacts.

Things to remember: make sure to clear data, NOT the cache; and this can be done on any Google account item that isn't syncing.

Google Sync Issue-img_20170114_000500_201.jpgGoogle Sync Issue-img_20170114_000518_230.jpg
    anon(679606) likes this.
    01-14-17 12:06 AM
    Just tried your method, that didn't help. I still get a Google Play service error. My Google calendar account is no longer on my calendar settings. As soon as I try to manually sync my Google account I receive an error. Thank you for giving me an option to try!
    01-14-17 05:45 AM
    Just tried your method, that didn't help. I still get a Google Play service error. My Google calendar account is no longer on my calendar settings. As soon as I try to manually sync my Google account I receive an error. Thank you for giving me an option to try!
    Try repeating steps but this time go for Calendar, should be the one above Calendar storage. If that doesn't help the only thing I can think of is factory reset as mentioned previously.
    01-14-17 01:59 PM
    01-14-17 02:07 PM
    I've had to clear data in the Play Services to fix this. Remember that most everything in Google runs through Google Play Services.

Hit SETTINGS/APPLICATION MANAGER (or APPLICATIONS). Scroll down to GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES. Hit MANAGE STORAGE and then CLEAR ALL DATA. Reboot and you should be good to go.
    01-14-17 03:36 PM
    I've had to clear data in the Play Services to fix this. Remember that most everything in Google runs through Google Play Services.

Hit SETTINGS/APPLICATION MANAGER (or APPLICATIONS). Scroll down to GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES. Hit MANAGE STORAGE and then CLEAR ALL DATA. Reboot and you should be good to go.
    Tried this and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.
    01-15-17 08:00 AM

Tried this and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.
    01-15-17 08:00 AM
    I corrected the problem by doing a factory reset. Thanks everyone for the help.
    01-26-17 09:57 AM
    im having the same problem. I have done everything but factory reset.

I would do that next, but dont want to lose SMS history.

It does sync approx 200 of 500 contacts then gets the error. I wonder if there is a bad record in my google contact database?
    01-29-19 09:37 AM