Not sure who powers it but just to say on my Priv that the native (and free) Google Maps satnav is probably the best I've ever used. Got me through a crowded London on an incredible route last night.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-21-15 04:17 AM
    I have always found directions on the smartphone to be excellent. I really missed BlackBerry Traffic but when I moved to an Android, Google Maps became my go-to app.
    12-21-15 05:55 AM
    Waze app I find is the best it adapts the route to where traffic is with live updates from users around you, many times it's cut journey time by a lot compared to Google maps.

Give it a go won't go back

12-21-15 06:05 AM
    Waze is my go to app as well. I have been using it since the golden Z10 days and have not found anything better.......

Living within London is a nightmare since you never know when traffic might pop up....

Google maps, as well as all the others register bad traffic far worse and don't offer great alternatives on the fly.

My daily commute to work is always tricky, since the fastest route is always changing.... Running several mapping apps and in car sat navs as a comparison, Waze has always won hands down.

But I have to admit that the Peugeot navigation was a very close second.

I always rent cars and therefore have a different car every month.

ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-21-15 06:11 AM
    I used to use Waze on my Z30 but found the screen too busy and not safe, having to look all the time. Google Maps uses live traffic too, unless I'm mistaken, offering a choice of routes and timing. It found me a route last night that avoided all the traffic.

12-21-15 09:34 AM
    I think google maps pulls some data from waze for traffic conditions and accidents since the buyout.

Waze is good for crowd sources info but I still use Google Maps as my main nav and info app. I find it so much quicker to look up store hours/info/menu than a straight web search
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-21-15 11:04 AM
    Not sure who powers it but just to say on my Priv that the native (and free) Google Maps satnav is probably the best I've ever used. Got me through a crowded London on an incredible route last night.

Google have been working hard on GMaps, especially since acquiring Waze. Have you downloaded offline maps of all countries and cities you frequent or will go to? Makes SatNav even faster, truly awesome.
    12-21-15 12:02 PM
    I think google maps pulls some data from waze for traffic conditions and accidents since the buyout.

Waze is good for crowd sources info but I still use Google Maps as my main nav and info app. I find it so much quicker to look up store hours/info/menu than a straight web search
    Yep. Exactly.

Waze is great for crowd sourcing and Google are using its tech in GMaps.

I'd suggest sticking to GMaps, as Waze is still very unpredictable. I've had friends find themselves in truly dodgy areas due to Waze, as it seems Google give GMaps more love than Waze.
    12-21-15 12:05 PM
    Waze is the best.

12-21-15 12:14 PM
    I used to use waze all the time, up until recently as it started giving me really strange routes. I know it had nothing to do with traffic as I continued to drive my normal route as I didn't trust what waze was suggesting. When waze recalculated it instantly knocked 10mins off of my ETA. So it was willing to send me this alternative route whilst adding an unnecessary 10mins to my journey time.

I have now started using Google maps. I can't say if it's any better yet as I've only just started using it. One thing I do like though are the visible times it displays over the alternative routes as you are driving. I also feel that gmaps keeps me more informed "You are on the fastest route despite an accident on the London orbital"

I know that gmaps pulls data from waze, but I'm not sure whether gmaps shares its data back with waze. If this is the case I would think that gmaps has more data available to it? Either way both apps have the potential to save you a hell of a lot of time.

I've also heard that Google crowd source a huge amount of Android devices, with a fair amount unaware that they are even participating.. 🙈
    12-21-15 12:54 PM
    Ya I think Waze is by far the best use it on my Z30 every day to go to work and school.

I know Waze is owned by Google but I still prefer Waze so much more.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-21-15 12:56 PM
    I used to use waze all the time, up until recently as it started giving me really strange routes. I know it had nothing to do with traffic as I continued to drive my normal route as I didn't trust what waze was suggesting. When waze recalculated it instantly knocked 10mins off of my ETA. So it was willing to send me this alternative route whilst adding an unnecessary 10mins to my journey time.

I have now started using Google maps. I can't say if it's any better yet as I've only just started using it. One thing I do like though are the visible times it displays over the alternative routes as you are driving. I also feel that gmaps keeps me more informed "You are on the fastest route despite an accident on the London orbital"

I know that gmaps pulls data from waze, but I'm not sure whether gmaps shares its data back with waze. If this is the case I would think that gmaps has more data available to it? Either way both apps have the potential to save you a hell of a lot of time.

I've also heard that Google crowd source a huge amount of Android devices, with a fair amount unaware that they are even participating.. 🙈
    Yep, many participate without knowing indeed, as I have used Android since the days of Android 1.6 Donut, I have noticed over the years how it has somehow got better at crowd sourcing as more people get Androids.

My suspicion is that it also crowd sources from iOS devices with GMaps installed. Many people leave GPS (with A-GPS) On on their smartphones, and this allows them to gather more data from a variety of iOS and Androids devices on different routes.
    12-21-15 04:16 PM
    Just started using waze...im hooked. Loving it.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 08:13 PM
    I been using waze with great success and now I'm trying google maps. No problem with navigation there just the screen turns off when I'm not using navigation and just viewing maps as I go down the road. Waze let's me do it with live traffic updated around me.

Oh and one more thing. Who ever said (some YouTube review) the Priv is slow to pick up gps sats... from nav aps closed mine takes only 2-3 seconds to acquire my location.

Priv
    12-21-15 08:26 PM