as per suggestion, i have used this app to overlay the speed limit on Google Maps for a couple of days... in general, it works ok... however, it's not accurate and occasionally, doesn't update the new speed limit quick enough... now, i am digging Here WeGo... for starters, the different voice is refreshing (I know that you can change the voice in Google Maps, but this one is a nice change)... also, the speed limit is pretty accurate, updating the limit changes quickly... finally, the simpler instructions, with no streets' names, are nicer, short and concise... sometimes in Google Maps if the exit you need to take has several and/or difficult names (street, road number etc) the instruction could be quite long... the graphics are better in Google Maps but not by much... i'm going to use Here WeGo as first option for a while and see how that goes... thanks for the suggestion!

Velociraptor adds speed limit overlay to Google Maps using HERE Maps and OpenStreetMap speed limit data.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.velociraptor
    Last edited by gallopiton; 08-04-16 at 12:47 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-03-16 08:09 PM
    You'll get used to the cartoon like appearance of Waze. It is by far the best navigation app out there in my opinion, and it will often show you where the police are hidden, and tell you when you're speeding.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 06:19 AM
    hahaha thanks for the suggestion but in general i don't need to know where the police are hidden, the last time i robbed a bank i knew where they were hahaha... anyway, tbh the look of the app is not my cup of tea... will give it a try though, thanks again!

You'll get used to the cartoon like appearance of Waze. It is by far the best navigation app out there in my opinion, and it will often show you where the police are hidden, and tell you when you're speeding.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 12:36 PM
    hahaha thanks for the suggestion but in general i don't need to know where the police are hidden, the last time i robbed a bank i knew where they were hahaha... anyway, tbh the look of the app is not my cup of tea... will give it a try though, thanks again!
    One very useful purpose for knowing where law enforcement activity or "speed traps" are at on the road is to protect yourself from over-reactive drivers.
    Think like this....
    You are driving along in traffic, going with the flow at the speed limit.
    The lead car comes up to a speed trap, gets nervous, and slows down quickly.
    This causes a caterpillar effect as each subsequent cars slows down a bit fastest to avoid rear-ending the car in front of them.
    By the time this effect reaches you, you have to nearly lock the brakes or swerve out of the lane to keep from crashing and this then effects the car behind you to react even more dangerously.
    However, if you or the rest of the cars knew where the speed trap was, you would have already prepped to slow down or spaced yourself further apart.

Radar detectors, speed camera maps, speed trap alerts, and law enforcement or road work activity alerts aren't just for the lead foots.
    08-04-16 02:54 PM
    yes, i agree, it could be helpful... also, something that increases the risk of caterpillar effect is when drivers have their cars too close to each other... i will give it a try but i just hate that UI... let's see, Here WeGo has been a nice discover thanks to a fellow crackberrian recommendation...

One very useful purpose for knowing where law enforcement activity or "speed traps" are at on the road is to protect yourself from over-reactive drivers.
    Think like this....
    You are driving along in traffic, going with the flow at the speed limit.
    The lead car comes up to a speed trap, gets nervous, and slows down quickly.
    This causes a caterpillar effect as each subsequent cars slows down a bit fastest to avoid rear-ending the car in front of them.
    By the time this effect reaches you, you have to nearly lock the brakes or swerve out of the lane to keep from crashing and this then effects the car behind you to react even more dangerously.
    However, if you or the rest of the cars knew where the speed trap was, you would have already prepped to slow down or spaced yourself further apart.

Radar detectors, speed camera maps, speed trap alerts, and law enforcement or road work activity alerts aren't just for the lead foots.
    08-04-16 03:00 PM
30 12