12-17-19 07:13 AM
37 12
tools
    I doubt anyone worried about security.... is downloading apps from apkmirror.

You might not want to use the app due to the subscription cost. But I've seen no signs of being buggy, delaying emails or issues with syncing of contacts. BlackBerry does have a pretty good product with HUB+, but yes there are several other options out there.... use what works best for you.
    Maybe there's something in the Asus UI that conflicts with the Hub but whatever the case, I had all those issues. I wasn't the only one. There are threads in this forum that highlight those issues.
    But either way, the Asus email app is really good. Set the widget to a blank home page have all your emails on tap.
    10-22-16 08:40 AM
    How is this done? I haven't seen where this option is available.
    Go to my account -> security -> in the Google login section there's "password and login options" and in that section there is "passwords for applications"

This can be done for yahoo accounts as well.
    10-22-16 09:16 AM
    Not sure if it's something specific to how your Hub is configured, but I've never seen that alert before, on my own device or posted by other users here.
    How can one mess up the Hub configuration in a way that I would get this warning?
    When I first got the Priv I set-up all my Yahoo/Gmail accounts in exact the same way. Fortunately, I didn't encounter similar issues with my Yahoo accounts. Only 2 Gmail accounts all of a sudden blocked my ability to send/receive E-mails (got the clock icon in the Hub and the accompanying E-mail twice, which you can read in the openings post).

Yahoo is a different situation, which I won't get into for now. Suffice to say they want to push people to their app.

I've never seen that before, and Hub does support OAuth for Gmail. Is this a free Gmail account or paid G-Suite account?
    OAuth 1.0. or 2.0.?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OAuth
    Post # 5 by app_Developer in this thread makes sense.
    As to your questions, all my Yahoo/Gmail are free accounts.
    As I said, I have various Yahoo/Gmail accounts and I stumbled on this issue only because of the tests I mentioned in the openings
    post in blue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bugs-1089205/
    I wanted to see if the same issue (= short refresh/reloading of the send e-mail + automatically deletion of send e-mail when opening the self-addressed e-mail or deleting it) would occur with 2 Gmail accounts -which I can confirm that happened after granting both accounts access like it was mentioned in the Emails from Google- which I also added to my Hub when I first got it but which I pretty much never send E-mails from or get e-mails on. This might be some lead? BTW, like I said, I didn't encounter similar issues with my Yahoo accounts nor did I encounter these "bugs" re: the send e-mail message when sending stuff to myself with my yahoo accounts. No automatic deletion of the send e-mail from the Hub. No reloading/refreshing from the send e-mail message after 5 seconds.

What also seems to be new:
    - Automatic deletion of that send email in the Hub without me deleting the self-addressed email message or opening it.
    - After the 5 seconds and the refresh/reload of the send email, the self-addressed amail pops up in the Hub. But the self-addressed email appears under the send e-mail in the Hub???? Whereas with non-gmail accounts there is no refreshing/reloading of the send e-mail and does the self-addressed e-mail pop up above the send email (which is how it should be). The send e-mail message ONLY disappears from Hub when I delete it myself. No automatic deletion.
    I don't have any issue with automatic deletion of send emails, but only if I choose so myself (which isn't an option yet? as we speak).
    I currently have all my send inboxes synced and only from Google accounts the send e-mail messages get deleted automatically. This was NOT the case before where they stayed in the Hub until I deleted them myself.

No, the Hub is the 3rd party app. Google doesn't want you giving your password to the Hub. With OAuth, you don't have to.

But it sounds like the Hub does support OAuth. So I wonder if the OP and others are just configuring their gmail account in the Hub incorrectly.
    Again, like I said at the start of this message, I don't know what one could configure wrongly to start with so that this warning from Google could appear???? Didn't change anything and all accounts were added to the Hub in the same manner and at the same time.
    10-28-16 02:16 PM
    Go to my account -> security -> in the Google login section there's "password and login options" and in that section there is "passwords for applications"

This can be done for yahoo accounts as well.
    Are these settings/options you mentioned found within the Hub or via settings (so-called hamburger wheel/icon)? At both locations I can't for the life of me find them. You have an Android powered BlackBerry device, right?
    10-28-16 03:48 PM
    Are these settings/options you mentioned found within the Hub or via settings (so-called hamburger wheel/icon)? At both locations I can't for the life of me find them. You have an Android powered BlackBerry device, right?
    I am not sure but suspect that this is using the Browser (on desktop) and going to Gmail and tweaking settings there???????????
    WT44 likes this.
    10-28-16 04:00 PM
    . . . . . BlackBerry does have a pretty good product with HUB+, but yes there are several other options out there.... use what works best for you.
    What are the other options?
    10-28-16 05:14 PM
    @WT44, did you enter your Google password into your Hub settings? If so, that's the issue.

If Hub supports oauth, then maybe someone can explain how to set up an email account using oauth instead of password. That should solve the problem for everyone.
    10-28-16 06:15 PM
    You do this in your Google account via desktop.
    And yes I own a priv
    WT44 likes this.
    10-31-16 08:53 AM
    Important: Is this the end of Hub use for anyone whose office uses Google suites?
    Attached Thumbnails Google considers Hub an "unsecure app" which "doesn't uses modern security standards" + Some bugs.-222818.jpg  
    12-17-19 05:37 AM
    Important: Is this the end of Hub use for anyone whose office uses Google suites?
    No. The Hub supports OAuth according to the BlackBerry devs.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-17-19 05:48 AM
    odd. to add the accounts we had to enable "allow unsecure apps".
    12-17-19 07:12 AM
    oauth2?
    12-17-19 07:13 AM
37 12