update: Google is already updated and it doesn't say anything more in the Playstore but the problem is that the phone keeps rebooting... any solution?
    Shut off auto updates in the play store and that will stop the rebooting.
    10-25-22 12:36 PM
    I turned off the automatic updates and the phone keeps rebooting.... I would say it's a hardware problem. I need it only to receive SMS so for the moment it works, then I will buy another cheap phone for SMS. Thanks
    10-26-22 01:59 AM
    I turned off the automatic updates and the phone keeps rebooting.... I would say it's a hardware problem. I need it only to receive SMS so for the moment it works, then I will buy another cheap phone for SMS. Thanks
    I didn't read above but that sounds like a power button that may have somehow become stuck or compromised even if just minimally.
    10-26-22 07:01 AM
    But I leave the phone on the table and after some time it restarts.
    10-26-22 07:28 AM
    But I leave the phone on the table and after some time it restarts.
    Might could try a Factory Reset.... don't touch it afterwards, if it still restarts it is likly an issue with power button or some other hardware issue. (it is a seven year old phone)

If it's fine for a few hours.... go through the setup process and see if that cleared the software issue.
    10-26-22 07:34 AM
    Ok thanks i will try
    10-26-22 07:37 AM
    I just installed my PRIV (Jan 2022). Had to remove Google Play services for the OTA system update to work (using OTAFIX page).

After the update Google Play Services was refusing to update and other apps were complaing of the fact. I tried to update several times until I found this page and used the FF2 trick and it worked (it started several times as explained above). I had also cleared the Google Play Services App data.Then booted up and the apps stopped complaining. I see in Settings->Apps that the Google Play services version is 22.50.14 which seems more recent than in my current Blackberry PRIV (version 22.49.15 and it just works...).

Regarding the updates to Google App I gave up and installed Google GO. I do not miss it but is still there in the updates..
    01-16-23 03:30 PM
    UPDATE 2024

Had to re-flash PRIV (endless boot) and luckily had still old files around. The "solution" in my previous post to install "Google play services" did not work... So for future reference here is an update with the full re-install and a possible solution to the Google Play services (point 4):
    1. Installed Blackberry USB drivers,
    2. Unzipped the AAW068 image
    3. Set PRIV in Fastboot + run flashall.bat (point 2 above)
    The install went well but again a recent google play services was not installing no matter what so I used an APK
    4. Installed the version mentioned in the previous post by copying/downloading the APK file to Downloads and clicking on it:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Things look normal now . Fingers crossed.
    I wonder how many few people in the planet use this beautiful device.
    03-29-24 11:57 AM
    UPDATE 2024

Had to re-flash PRIV (endless boot) and luckily had still old files around. The "solution" in my previous post to install "Google play services" did not work... So for future reference here is an update with the full re-install and a possible solution to the Google Play services (point 4):
    1. Installed Blackberry USB drivers,
    2. Unzipped the AAW068 image
    3. Set PRIV in Fastboot + run flashall.bat (point 2 above)
    The install went well but again a recent google play services was not installing no matter what so I used an APK
    4. Installed the version mentioned in the previous post by copying/downloading the APK file to Downloads and clicking on it:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Things look normal now . Fingers crossed.
    I wonder how many few people in the planet use this beautiful device.
    With the little bit of winter that we have in Florida now over, I don't miss the old pocket warmer from 2015 era
    03-31-24 01:02 PM
84 ... 234