This one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox

Since June 24th an update is available which is impossible to install. Version 11.16.13.21. The last version I could install was 11.14.6.21
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
    07-04-20 01:02 PM
    Sorry if I'm annoying but this apk is also impossible to install. The phone crashes after a few minutes. Maybe someone else is more lucky. As I said the last apk that I could install manually without problems is the following:

Everything that comes afterwards is impossible to install. I know that you have no problems with your device, which I find strange.
    07-04-20 02:04 PM
    All apps can be updated and installed except this one.
    07-04-20 02:15 PM
    Sorry if I'm annoying but this apk is also impossible to install. The phone crashes after a few minutes. Maybe someone else is more lucky. As I said the last apk that I could install manually without problems is the following:

Everything that comes afterwards is impossible to install. I know that you have no problems with your device, which I find strange.
    Strange since that's the one I'm running on my Priv with no issues.
    Last edited by conite; 07-05-20 at 10:13 AM.
    07-04-20 02:19 PM
    I had also issues in updating Google app on my PRIV. So uninstalled and installed Google GO a light version of Google! available on Play Store.
    It goes perfect and NO issues whatsoever. Like this version.
    07-05-20 07:52 AM
    I've tried 32 second process, cleaned cache, reboot, and this Google update from June 24th is just a bugger that will not install.
    07-05-20 11:01 AM
    The last time I successfully updated the Google app on my Priv, it was necessary to keep the screen on during the entire download and install process. It was a major PITA. Needless to say, I don't attempt updates for that app often.
    07-06-20 01:42 AM
    the July 3 update on the play store, it would crash and restart the phone after "installing" for 10 or so minutes. I set my screen to not sleep for 30 minutes. I'm thinking maybe these updates are no longer compatible with Marshmallow?
    07-07-20 10:40 AM
    the July 3 update on the play store, it would crash and restart the phone after "installing" for 10 or so minutes. I set my screen to not sleep for 30 minutes. I'm thinking maybe these updates are no longer compatible with Marshmallow?
    They are fully compatible.

Not to mention they run perfectly fine on my Priv.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-07-20 10:48 AM
    Google GO the lite version of Google runs real good on PRIV.
    07-07-20 10:59 AM
    The App not the OS....
    07-07-20 11:23 AM
    The App not the OS....
    Yes OP having issues with updating Google App on his PRIV and there is an alternative Google GO which is a Lite version of Google app. Which runs perfectly on PRIV.
    07-07-20 11:27 AM
    I don’t mind that I can’t update the app since the version I’m using actually works fine. But the most interesting and mysterious thing about the whole thing is that conite has no issues. That must have its reasons which we should find out. Maybe he made a deal with the devil.
    07-07-20 11:53 PM
    I don’t mind that I can’t update the app since the version I’m using actually works fine. But the most interesting and mysterious thing about the whole thing is that conite has no issues. That must have its reasons which we should find out. Maybe he made a deal with the devil.
    I use my PRIV daily and yes every time that had to update Google app it was a struggle. So finally switched to Google GO which does basically the same as regular Goggle app but LITE in device resources. Now updates and works fine.

Like I said I do use my PRIV on a daily basis alongside my KEY 2.
    Last edited by Rico4you; 07-08-20 at 12:56 PM.
    Praesus likes this.
    07-08-20 03:17 AM
    I use my PRIV daily and yes everyone that had to updated Google app it was a struggle. So finally switched to Google GO which does basically the same as regular Goggle app and updates and works fine.

Like I said I do use my PRIV on a daily basis alongside my KEY 2.
    I just installed google go and what can I say, it is much better than the other google app. It even supports greek what the other app couldn't. Thanks to Rico4you.
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-08-20 12:08 PM
    I just installed google go and what can I say, it is much better than the other google app. It even supports greek what the other app couldn't. Thanks to Rico4you.
    Welcome. Fully agree since I installed on my PRIV was also surprised how good it is.
    07-08-20 12:54 PM
    the July 9 just auto updated last night and fully installed
    07-12-20 03:40 PM
    I too had your issue, the FIX is that Google Play Services is not updated. Look to see if it needs an update.
    07-13-20 08:22 AM
    nope, that was not it.
    07-15-20 06:57 PM
    Just in case anyone is still struggling with this, the fix I found that worked for several updates, up to a few days ago: go to display and set sleep to the maximum 30 mins. That's it. The app takes long to install and it seems it going to sleep interferes with it. For good measure I also occasionally touch the screen while it is installing.
    I put back my sleep to 15 secs after the install.
    Also, for this reason I have disabled Auto-Update in the play store. I manually update the apps and just update the Google app on its own for good measure.
    HTH.

Marc
    08-27-20 10:10 AM
    Just in case anyone is still struggling with this, the fix I found that worked for several updates, up to a few days ago: go to display and set sleep to the maximum 30 mins. That's it. The app takes long to install and it seems it going to sleep interferes with it. For good measure I also occasionally touch the screen while it is installing.
    I put back my sleep to 15 secs after the install.
    Also, for this reason I have disabled Auto-Update in the play store. I manually update the apps and just update the Google app on its own for good measure.
    HTH.

Marc
    Interesting option re screen sleep.

I just installed Google GO which is a "lite" version of Google uses less resource, updates perfectly and works perfectly. Always had manual update.
    08-27-20 10:18 AM
    Well, even my little work around is not working now and I made the mistake of uninstalling the updates to the Google app to see if I could get it to update and it still won't but now I've lost my reminders which I rely on a lot. It seems the app is now so old my reminder don't sync with it. What can I do.
    I have that lighter version installed as well, but need MT reminders to work with my phone.
    Where can I find an older version of the app that may install?
    06-18-21 11:56 PM
    Dug myself out of a hole.
    I tried the apk above from last year and installed on the 2nd try. My Google assistant was back to tell me my reminders. Whew!
    I then picked one from this past may and it installed as well. I think I'm going to stop right there. Not going to try updating it again.
    The Google Go cannot substitute for the Google app if you use the assistant. That's what got me into this mess. I installed it and thought I could now uninstall the Google app. After noticing I didn't get a reminder I realized the assistant was gone.
    06-19-21 08:15 AM
    But Google Assistant don't run
    07-21-21 12:39 AM
    But Google Assistant don't run
    You can install Google assistant it's on the PlayStore. works fine on my Priv.
    07-21-21 08:01 AM
82 1234