I still have my PRIV and occasionally will fire it up to use because of the larger screen. I have a new sports app that I found on the Google Play store on my KeyOne which I was able to download and use successfully. However, the screen is not sized properly because of the pkb. So I decided to use my PRIV instead.

However, this same app does not appear on my PRIV Google Play store. I have all my other apps updated except I cannot get the Google app to update. I am thinking if it would, this new sports app would appear. In any case, I have tried 3 times to update the Google app and it gets to the install process and that's it. I check a little later to see I still have an update available for Google app.

Any solutions for this? Do you think my sports app will finally appear once I have this updated?

Really wish / hope there is a future PRIV 2.

Thanks for your help.
    03-31-19 06:49 AM
    I don't think that it would make a difference for the app. Most likely the app requires Android Oreo or above. What app is it?
    Anyways, try uninstalling the Google app by opening it in the Play store and hitting "Uninstall". Then install/update it again.
    03-31-19 09:59 AM
    Did you do a hard reboot where you hold down the on/off button and the volume down for 32 seconds? ( I usually do a couple more seconds to be sure it was long enough). Ignore it trying to boot up while holding them down. It will try to do so a few tiles. Then release and allow it to boot up on its own. Give it time. This process has been nick-named the @FF22 reboot because FF22 has given these instructions when troubleshooting problems. (FF22: are these instructions clear?)
    With my PRIV I have found that I have to give it plenty of time to boot up. Sometimes it will say "loading" or "no Sim card" until it is completely ready. Be patient with your PRIV til it is done. My PRIV is still going after 3.5 years but it does need a little tlc. Yes, I would also love a PRIV 2. I have a KEYone but when it broke I started using the PRIV again full time (till the KEYone is fixed) and am remembering how much I like the big screen and the form factor.
    03-31-19 11:22 AM
    Did you do a hard reboot where you hold down the on/off button and the volume down for 32 seconds? ( I usually do a couple more seconds to be sure it was long enough). Ignore it trying to boot up while holding them down. It will try to do so a few tiles. Then release and allow it to boot up on its own. Give it time. This process has been nick-named the @FF22 reboot because FF22 has given these instructions when troubleshooting problems. (FF22: are these instructions clear?)
    With my PRIV I have found that I have to give it plenty of time to boot up. Sometimes it will say "loading" or "no Sim card" until it is completely ready. Be patient with your PRIV til it is done. My PRIV is still going after 3.5 years but it does need a little tlc. Yes, I would also love a PRIV 2. I have a KEYone but when it broke I started using the PRIV again full time (till the KEYone is fixed) and am remembering how much I like the big screen and the form factor.
    Good morning, all.

Actually, you only press and HOLD the Power On button for 32+ seconds. Ignore the screen and any sounds or vibrations during the 32+ seconds.

I don't know if the Google Play store's newest version requires the newer OS or not. I do recall that certain apps would not show for certain BB models.

What's the progress on your K1 fix? I finally got a new battery installed on my Z30 so I could use it with Blend. They had to get it from Australia. Speaking of Blend and the Z30, I visited your state this week - BEND for a brief cross-country ski outing. I fired up my laptop, opened Blend and it was in communication with the Z30 sitting all the way up in Seattle. Amazing software. Too bad BB gave up on it.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-31-19 11:47 AM
    Thank you all. I took the 1st suggestion of uninstalling, then reinstalling and I finally got Google app updated. however, that hasn't fixed the lack of the missing sports app. I contacted the developer to just ask if somehow they have a user limitation where if it is downloaded on one phone, the same user can't download it on another. I will try the F22 instructions next.
    03-31-19 01:16 PM
    Good morning, all.

Actually, you only press and HOLD the Power On button for 32+ seconds. Ignore the screen and any sounds or vibrations during the 32+ seconds.

I don't know if the Google Play store's newest version requires the newer OS or not. I do recall that certain apps would not show for certain BB models.

What's the progress on your K1 fix? I finally got a new battery installed on my Z30 so I could use it with Blend. They had to get it from Australia. Speaking of Blend and the Z30, I visited your state this week - BEND for a brief cross-country ski outing. I fired up my laptop, opened Blend and it was in communication with the Z30 sitting all the way up in Seattle. Amazing software. Too bad BB gave up on it.
    Thanks for the better info on the FF22 method.
    I got word yesterday
    that my KEYone is on the way!
    Hip Hip Hooray!
    It is due by the end of the day Wednesday.
    03-31-19 02:14 PM
    Good morning, all.

If you do it in the dark 32 seconds yields THREE vibrations...
    Sigewif and FF22 like this.
    03-31-19 02:32 PM
    Thank you all. I took the 1st suggestion of uninstalling, then reinstalling and I finally got Google app updated. however, that hasn't fixed the lack of the missing sports app. I contacted the developer to just ask if somehow they have a user limitation where if it is downloaded on one phone, the same user can't download it on another. I will try the F22 instructions next.
    Sorry how you uninstalled it and reinstalled again?! Its not possible to uninstall this google app in BB Priv, just to force stop it! I have the same problem, stuck at update! it tries to install (update) for ever and nothing happens! I found also a standalone google apk but wont install on this phone!
    06-14-20 12:45 AM
    What are the odds that you're having the same issue as I am within a day? I have four new BB Privs that I'm updating in preparation for use by my boss - he's an old-school tactile keyboard/slider/BlackBerry fan and values his keyboard over a well-functioning, current device.

Of these four devices, none of them will update to the June 11, 2020 version of Google. Everything else updates, except for BBM, which, hello, can you guys make this go away since it's been dead over a year now?

I've disabled and force-stopped Google, but @sorincas you're correct, there's no way to uninstall it as others have suggested.

After disabling and force-stopping Google, performing an FF22 reboot, I reopened Google Play Store and searched for Google, clicked on the correct result and while it downloads, it just won't complete the install.

I downloaded Google Go, which is supposed to be a lighter version, but my OCD won't let me be satisfied until Google is updated!
    06-15-20 02:09 PM
    I have no problems updating the google app. It takes a few minutes and i have to keep the play store open during the installation.
    06-17-20 10:35 PM
    What are the odds that you're having the same issue as I am within a day? I have four new BB Privs that I'm updating in preparation for use by my boss - he's an old-school tactile keyboard/slider/BlackBerry fan and values his keyboard over a well-functioning, current device.

Of these four devices, none of them will update to the June 11, 2020 version of Google. Everything else updates, except for BBM, which, hello, can you guys make this go away since it's been dead over a year now?

I've disabled and force-stopped Google, but @sorincas you're correct, there's no way to uninstall it as others have suggested.

After disabling and force-stopping Google, performing an FF22 reboot, I reopened Google Play Store and searched for Google, clicked on the correct result and while it downloads, it just won't complete the install.

I downloaded Google Go, which is supposed to be a lighter version, but my OCD won't let me be satisfied until Google is updated!
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/
    06-17-20 11:19 PM
    Okay, it's my turn. It is impossible to install the update. Every installation attempt ends in a crash and reboot. Even the attempt to install the apk fails.
    06-27-20 01:57 AM
    Is there anyone here who can explain to me why I can't install apk? I downloaded the following apk and tried to install it.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Any attempt to install it ends in crash. Any explanation or advice?
    06-29-20 08:48 AM
    Can at least someone confirm that? Am I the only one or does someone else have the same problem?
    06-30-20 03:50 AM
    seems to be the same for me. trying to update Google app through play store crashes the Priv and seemingly kills my Wi-Fi too, have to 32 second restart it again to get Wi-Fi back.
    06-30-20 05:32 AM
    Thanks for the response. At least now we know that it is not a hardware issue. Let's hope it will be fixed with an update.
    06-30-20 05:51 AM
    Thanks for the response. At least now we know that it is not a hardware issue. Let's hope it will be fixed with an update.
    The Google app has caused me problems updating it on my Priv for years so I disabled it. The only thing I found did help was to keep the phone active while google updating but even this is not 100% guaranteed.
    06-30-20 08:54 AM
    The Google app has caused me problems updating it on my Priv for years so I disabled it. The only thing I found did help was to keep the phone active while google updating but even this is not 100% guaranteed.
    Thank you also for your response. The last update I could install was that of June 12, 2020. After that no updates could be installed anymore. Once there was an error message when trying to install and I had the opportunity to report this error message to the developers. I hope they will read this and think of us at the next update. Which I personally don't believe.
    06-30-20 11:19 AM
    same issue for my Priv, have tried since middle of last week, seems to be downloading and then boom, begins to restart, but right back where it started from.
    06-30-20 10:16 PM
    My Priv is working perfectly fine, without having to do a thing outside of the normal Play Store updates. Weird.

Maybe disable Play Services, Play Store, and the Google apps back to factory versions, and then let them all update again normally.
    06-30-20 10:32 PM
    My Priv is working perfectly fine, without having to do a thing outside of the normal Play Store updates. Weird.

Maybe disable Play Services, Play Store, and the Google apps back to factory versions, and then let them all update again normally.
    I tried what you suggested. Nothing worked. I even tried a factory reset and immediately tried to install the update. Nothing. Same thing. It just crashes. It doesn't matter. I will leave it as it is and will ignore it. Maybe a future update will work. Who knows.
    07-01-20 01:52 AM
    my Priv still not updating, hope there is a fix for this Google issue around the corner.
    07-04-20 09:03 AM
    my Priv still not updating, hope there is a fix for this Google issue around the corner.
    Same for me. Be patient. No new update has been released yet.
    07-04-20 12:13 PM
    Same for me. Be patient. No new update has been released yet.
    What update of what app are you hoping for?
    07-04-20 12:23 PM
    This one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox

Since June 24th an update is available which is impossible to install. Version 11.16.13.21. The last version I could install was 11.14.6.21
    07-04-20 12:42 PM
84 123 ...