Just stopped in to the Rogers store at Bay & Adelaide in Toronto, right in the heart of the financial district. Fully expected to get a "no stock, no info" response, however every salesperson there not only knew about the device and rushed to show it (albeit a dummy, unfortunately, no live model on display yet) and knew about it, and recommended it highly. Demand has been excellent - one salesperson said she sold 5 in 2 hours, people coming from Android, some people who were on other platforms but wanted to come back to BlackBerry for the BlackBerry experience, and others like me who is a BlackBerry addict. In the 25 mins that I was in the store, 6 more people came in asking for the Priv, men in business suits and one not. So this all means that the word is out, and it's very exciting.

I didn't buy one, and I'm on the fence about it, for primarily one reason: the keyboard. I personally didn't like the keyboard at all. The keys are small, they have small capital letters on them and the feel of the keys wasn't what I expected. I prefer the 9900/Q10/Classic keyboards.

That said, if I can find a real live unit to play around with for a few minutes I may change my mind, but so far I didn't like it. Also, the underside of the slider is not smooth like the Torch had, it looks plastic-y and has a weird look to it. That's just my opinion.

I couldn't check out anything else, which was a shame, and I think had they had a real live unit, I might have bought one and perhaps a couple of the others who came to look. I was so impressed by the staff at this store - very positive about the phone and pushing people to it. Also, they have plenty of stock.

Just my experience to date.
    anon4226395 and RyanGermann like this.
    11-06-15 12:39 PM
    The Mashable review says the same thing about the keyboard: "Overall, the keyboard looks a little bit vertically squished compared to other BlackBerry keyboards I’ve used". I'm glad I'm not alone in that regard.
    11-06-15 12:59 PM
    [QUOTE=andy957;12049565]Just stopped in to the Rogers store at Bay & Adelaide in Toronto, right in the heart of the financial district. Fully expected to get a "no stock, no info" response, however every salesperson there not only knew about the device and rushed to show it (albeit a dummy, unfortunately, no live model on display yet) and knew about it, and recommended it highly. Demand has been excellent - one salesperson said she sold 5 in 2 hours, people coming from Android, some people who were on other platforms but wanted to come back to BlackBerry for the BlackBerry experience, and others like me who is a BlackBerry addict. In the 25 mins that I was in the store, 6 more people came in asking for the Priv, men in business suits and one not. So this all means that the word is out, and it's very exciting.

I didn't buy one, and I'm on the fence about it, for primarily one reason: the keyboard. I personally didn't like the keyboard at all. The keys are small, they have small capital letters on them and the feel of the keys wasn't what I expected. I prefer the 9900/Q10/Classic keyboards.

That said, if I can find a real live unit to play around with for a few minutes I may change my mind, but so far I didn't like it. Also, the underside of the slider is not smooth like the Torch had, it looks plastic-y and has a weird look to it. That's just my opinion.

I couldn't check out anything else, which was a shame, and I think had they had a real live unit, I might have bought one and perhaps a couple of the others who came to look. I was so impressed by the staff at this store - very positive about the phone and pushing people to it. Also, they have plenty of stock.

2 Rogers stores in Brampton have live units.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 01:01 PM
    Go to 130 king st, they have live dummy unit, i bought the last one in stock.
    11-06-15 01:03 PM
    Funny thing is when I moved from the Pre 3 to the Classic, I had to retrain my muscle memory to adapt to the bigger keys. Maybe because I have Asian hands.

For me to go from the Priv it would be the reverse process. One thing I definitely need to get used to is the softer keys.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 01:05 PM
    Tried it out at Telus Eaton Centre today. I didn't like the keyboard at first. But I started to get better at it as time went on. With that said, I prefer the Passport keyboard over Priv. A little narrow and keys don't stick out enough

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    Last edited by pgg101; 11-14-15 at 06:57 AM.
    11-13-15 10:17 PM
    I played with a real unit at a Rogers store in Guelph for 30 minutes. The keyboard was not a problem for me coming from a Q5. Love the phone and the keyboard!

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-13-15 11:32 PM