I have succumbed yet again and purchased another Priv (my 8th)

Has anyone ever had any experience with these aftermarket batteries that have a so-called "extended capacity" ?

This looks feasible for this device in particular since it's got a flexible back with some clearance between the stock battery and the back panel so a slightly larger one shouldn't pose a problem.

Would love to have a Priv with 4000mAh or so of juice.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F174056981074Is this a good idea?-screenshot_20191126-111821.jpeg
    11-26-19 11:20 AM
    Well they say 100% positive feedback.... it's got to be true!

I know some used these on the Z10 and Q10 - humpback back covers. They were hit and miss.

In general I suspect that it's tough to pack that much more power into something that will fit into the PRIV.
    11-26-19 11:44 AM
    I have succumbed yet again and purchased another Priv (my 8th)

Has anyone ever had any experience with these aftermarket batteries that have a so-called "extended capacity" ?

This looks feasible for this device in particular since it's got a flexible back with some clearance between the stock battery and the back panel so a slightly larger one shouldn't pose a problem.

Would love to have a Priv with 4000mAh or so of juice.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F174056981074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191126-111821.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	446820
    One issue I have had with these batteries is some are very old. The shelf life is not as long. Problem with the Priv is the battery is not easy to replace like in a Passport. Be careful there are cables under the battery that you can break.
    11-26-19 11:53 AM
    One issue I have had with these batteries is some are very old. The shelf life is not as long. Problem with the Priv is the battery is not easy to replace like in a Passport. Be careful there are cables under the battery that you can break.
    I've replaced batteries on Priv's before and found the process to be very easy actually. It's not like the phone is glued shut with a ton of adhesive like the glass slabs.

And yes the power cable ribbon does run underneath the battery but slowly pulling it out shouldn't damage it.
    11-26-19 11:55 AM
    I've replaced batteries on Priv's before and found the process to be very easy actually. It's not like the phone is glued shut with a ton of adhesive like the glass slabs.

And yes the power cable ribbon does run underneath the battery but slowly pulling it out shouldn't damage it.
    Yup, I did find the same thing. With the passport I found it easier. I just hate taking off the rear cover. much more delicate than it needed to be. I would also buy the batteries from a place that they can be sent back. I look at Amazon at least its an easy return.
    11-26-19 12:03 PM