Left the priv for keyone the priv is probably my worst blackberry experience since ever lol phone got hot often! Phone died and needed charging what felt like hourly! Camera just stop working making clicking sounds when the app was open! And keyboard was a bit uncomfortable to me either way I'm glad I'm gone and will never get another priv
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-04-18 06:56 PM
    Left the priv for keyone the priv is probably my worst blackberry experience since ever lol phone got hot often! Phone died and needed charging what felt like hourly! Camera just stop working making clicking sounds when the app was open! And keyboard was a bit uncomfortable to me either way I'm glad I'm gone and will never get another priv
    So, did you like the Priv?
    03-04-18 07:05 PM
    um I didn't hate it but no I didn't like it either
    03-04-18 07:07 PM
    So how do you like your KEYᴼᴺᴱ?

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-04-18 08:34 PM
    I thought the priv was ok but honestly it's the android experience like the KEYone or Motion, well...the dtek60 too for that matter. I agree with you about the keyboard. Quite possibly the worst keyboard ever. I may had used the pkb a dozen times in the year I owned the device
    skilas likes this.
    03-04-18 09:07 PM
    I love my PRIV, I've learned to look past the battery heating issue which was the only thing negative I have to say about it. Mine still heats up to this day, especially with location services on.

Other than that, the phone was great, and contrary to opinion, had one of the best cameras I've ever used on a smart phone. The priv's camera was better than my work phone Apply i6+ camera IMHO.

I feel the PRIV was an experiment killed by bad timing...the phone that was supposed to move everyone back. But in retrospect they should've tested Android on a cheaper handset and bring out the PRIV after all the initial bugs were worked out...the phone never had a chance because of the initial software releases. Kind of like BB10 and the Z10..initially it was too choppy and drove more people away than brought in. The battery issue also helped with losing market share.

Had the PRIV been the No. 2 Anroid phone I feel it would have better performed. Also the name PRIV was stupid, even if they kept the name "Venice" they would have been better off.

So listen man, don't hate on the phone, you used it you didn't like it...NEXT. Enjoy your life and don't stress over a phone.
    skinnymike1 and Qorax like this.
    03-04-18 10:42 PM
    For me the PRIV was a great phone. In fact I keep using it whenever I want to travel and need Wade or Google maps as on the K1 things are too small.
    Never had an issue with the PRIV except heating, but that was because Wade is a resource hog.
    If Priv was still updated monthly, I wouldn't buy the K1 I'm using now
    krazyatom and anon(10218918) like this.
    03-05-18 12:52 AM
    For me the PRIV was a great phone. In fact I keep using it whenever I want to travel and need Wade or Google maps as on the K1 things are too small.
    Never had an issue with the PRIV except heating, but that was because Wade is a resource hog.
    If Priv was still updated monthly, I wouldn't buy the K1 I'm using now
    If Priv was still getting updates, k1 sale will drop so there is no point for Blackberry to update Priv.
    03-05-18 10:55 AM
    If Priv was still getting updates, k1 sale will drop so there is no point for Blackberry to update Priv.
    Maybe, but those are different kind of phones and there is a lot of complains about Priv, so I don't think K1 sales will be much affected by Priv's updates.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-05-18 11:00 AM
    But doesn't BlackBerry has nothing to do with the KEYᴼᴺᴱ? Since that is a TCL/BBM device?

03-05-18 11:19 AM
    But doesn't BlackBerry has nothing to do with the KEYᴼᴺᴱ? Since that is a TCL/BBM device?

Actually it does because blackberry is receiving cuts from keyone's revenue.
    03-05-18 11:29 AM
    Actually I was being sarcastic.
    This is the statement everyone uses around here.
    "BlackBerry is out of the handset business"
    "BlackBerry isn't bothered with what TCL does with KEYᴼᴺᴱ"
    Etc.

krazyatom and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-05-18 12:49 PM
    Gone forever with no regrets-sticker-220x200-bg-ffffff-pad-220x200-ffffff.u1.jpg
    03-05-18 01:05 PM
    Please don’t hold back, how do you really feel?

Lol.........when it’s bad it’s well you get it.
    03-05-18 02:54 PM
    I'm thinking of getting a used privy for the wide curved screen video experience again. I loved holding out the screen & cocooning the forward speakers with my palms for even better sound propagation Can serve me well (again) for the few minutes of youtube before slacking off every night.
    03-05-18 11:38 PM
    Well in my experience, the PRIV is just "okay". The camera quality is nice from afar but the details get washed out for more up-close views. The camera is not snappy either, especially compared to the KEYone's speed that I tried out in the store.

When I am browsing Facebook for like 30 minutes straight, I can easily see the battery drop from 80% close to 50% percent all the while feeling the heat from the back.

I like to use my phone to edit pictures, make collage's, etc. My PRIV hangs up seriously when I use apps such as PicsArt or Adobe Illustrator Draw. Needless to say how the battery life plummets when I use these apps.

For those who don't use multimedia that much I can see why you say the PRIV is a fine experience since it seems to be quite the number of people who use their phones here for text/email/"productivity" which the PRIV is excellent for. But for multimediaheads like me, the PRIV is quite subpar.
    03-05-18 11:53 PM
    Sorry, but what a POS and meaningless thread this is
    deltaTgm and PHughes like this.
    03-06-18 06:17 PM
    Do they? Or were they paid a certain fee for licensing? How do you know it is per device?
    03-06-18 06:27 PM
    It the priv was still getting updates your stock in hand warmers would have plummeted
    03-06-18 10:02 PM
    It the priv was still getting updates your stock in hand warmers would have plummeted
    Stop hating Blackberry!
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-06-18 10:12 PM
    I still love my Priv.
    Battery is great for me.
    Only gets warm when using GPS, but has not overheated.
    As long as I clear the cache occasionally it runs fast enough for me.
    No regrets.
    03-08-18 08:52 PM
    I've sold my keyone and I bought a Priv and I love the priv. The screen is better the keyboard is better and the phone just looks more premium. The only upside to the keyone was the battery. Other than that the Priv is better.
    Wow never thought I would here that! Lol
    03-08-18 09:32 PM
    I've sold my keyone and I bought a Priv and I love the priv. The screen is better the keyboard is better and the phone just looks more premium. The only upside to the keyone was the battery. Other than that the Priv is better.
    Definitely not our experience. We have a Priv and two Keyones in our household. The only thing better with the Priv is the screen. In everything else the Keyones run circles around the Priv: speed, battery, keyboard, continued updates.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-08-18 09:37 PM
    Am I reading something right where the Priv won't be receiving anymore software updates?
    03-08-18 09:45 PM
    Definitely not our experience. We have a Priv and two Keyones in our household. The only thing better with the Priv is the screen. In everything else the Keyones run circles around the Priv: speed, battery, keyboard, continued updates.
    Imagine stabilization on the priv may be a little better too
    03-08-18 09:49 PM
29 12