I'm changing jobs. At my current job, I was offered a choice for a work phone, and chose the Priv over other android and iPhone devices. Never regretted it. Coming from a Z30, simply using apps that never worked on my Z30 was a delight. However the Priv was complementary to my Z30 that I still had as a personal device. Best of both.

Because it was a work only device, I still downloaded few apps. I mostly used it for calls, texts, emails, Google Maps, photos, parking and One Drive. But it was great.

I used the pkb a week, then never again. I loved the OLED screen. I disliked that the camera stuck out, but got used to it. I thought it was giant at first, but I thought the same about my Z30, that now feels tiny. I rarely had issues with overheating or the battery. Just once in a while I'd plug it in to charge, and it would continue draining, until I'd power cycle it. Then it would be fine.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time with it. I'd pick up a personal one if the price was right, but likely not with the news about future updates. Would be interested in a second version (without the pkb), but then it wouldn't really be a Priv...

And no I still don't use my Z30. Just changed it for a Motion.
    vincentkong and coffee-turtle like this.
    01-19-18 11:56 AM
    What would a second version without the PKB, be?

Maybe if you explain what the Motion doesn't have? Is it the OLED Screen? Size? Feel?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-19-18 12:36 PM
    What would a second version without the PKB, be?

Maybe if you explain what the Motion doesn't have? Is it the OLED Screen? Size? Feel?
    I would love another OLED screen. There's a lot of things I love about the Motion. And it hasn't been long enough yet for me to notice a lot of missing things. But here's a few.

Wish the power button was back on the left side. Can't stand it on the right, between the volume and convenience key. The trim looks awesome. But makes it so hard to pick up off a flat surface (slippery aluminum). I could lose the home button. I have no attachment to it. I wish the camera colours were more like the Priv. I find the Motion colours too cool.
    01-19-18 02:28 PM