After the last update I can no longer find the go to date function. I have to scroll through a calendar month by month to get to a date months or years in the future.

This was an issue early on my Classic but was fixed. Anyone know how to quickly go to distant dates without scrolling month to month?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-14-16 06:52 AM
    It's actually Android Material thing. Think the older calendar used the Holo picker, and it now has the new one with Marshmallow.

java - Android Marshmallow custom calendar / date picker - Stack Overflow

Perhaps cbryant_34 can chime in.
    05-14-16 08:02 AM
    Tap the drop down arrow beside the month name, day or week depending on what view you are in. That will open the picker.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-14-16 09:56 AM
    That is what used to happen. After the recent update last week that no longer happens. You just get the month and have to scroll forward or backwards.

05-14-16 01:06 PM
    Sorry, not following. If you tap the year you can fast forward to a particular year and then the view scrolls between the months and select a specific date.
    05-14-16 03:10 PM
    @toni:
    Actually it's a bit different from standard MM design as you scroll month vertically not horizontally (see second Screenshot here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12422504 )
    @ubbulls
    And it has still room to improve - eg add 'week of year' - but it is way better than the old scrollwheels.
    Year can be touched and chosen quickly and months are scrolling quite fast and you now see which is weekday a daynumber is and also don't have to scroll endlessly from 1 to 15 (which is still iOS style)

PKB input like (201802028 [return]) or at least capacitive scrolling or N next/P previous month would be welcome though (sorry Codi will keep bugging for PKB support in every app )
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05-14-16 at 04:10 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-16 03:56 PM
    Gizmo the year helps, but it was nice when you had the option to scroll through month, day and year to go straight to the day you wanted.

05-14-16 04:59 PM
    Well as so very often it's a matter of taste. So if BlackBerry would implement a scrollwheel on the month-name in top row (like on year) it would be best of both worlds - Codi?
    05-15-16 05:49 AM