Anyone experiencing a delay in the push email from gmail? My setting hasnt changed but for some odd reason the last couple of days....I'm getting minutes up to an hour (yeah..no kidding).

I checked sync is still on...and push is selected as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-29-16 08:18 PM
    I haven't noticed anything on mine. Emails actually showing up on phone before they do on lap top when I'm in my email.

03-29-16 08:24 PM
    The last two days have been pretty bizarre. Gmail emails arrive on my G4 hours before my Priv. Don't know what's going on.
    03-29-16 10:27 PM
    Haven't experienced this. Gmail on my Priv is as immediate as ever.

03-31-16 04:39 AM
    For those seeing an issue, what sync interval do you have selected for the account with an issue?
    03-31-16 11:55 AM
    Right now I'm setting it up to sync every hour.

03-31-16 01:30 PM
    Right now I'm setting it up to sync every hour.

Interesting. Would you mind taking logs the next time you notice this and PM them to me? In the short term, setting a more frequent sync interval would help.
    03-31-16 02:33 PM
    Had something similar, missed emails for a whole day, reboot fixed it though.

03-31-16 02:42 PM
    Gmail accounts don't have a Sync Interval. Gmail uses the GCM for push notifications. Where is anybody seeing a Sync Interval for Gmail accounts?

If you're using a non-gmail account in the Gmail app, if you set it up as an IMAP account, then you should also get push notifications immediately via IMAP Idle (and leave the sync interval at Never). If you set up your non-gmail account as POP, then you only receive notifications when it pulls/syncs. So if you have your POP account to sync every hour, then you shouldn't be surprised if it takes an hour. But who uses POP anymore?
    03-31-16 02:58 PM
    Interesting. Would you mind taking logs the next time you notice this and PM them to me? In the short term, setting a more frequent sync interval would help.
    Tried it more frequent interval..but it's eating my battery like crazy.
    03-31-16 07:21 PM
    Gmail accounts don't have a Sync Interval. Gmail uses the GCM for push notifications. Where is anybody seeing a Sync Interval for Gmail accounts?

If you're using a non-gmail account in the Gmail app, if you set it up as an IMAP account, then you should also get push notifications immediately via IMAP Idle (and leave the sync interval at Never). If you set up your non-gmail account as POP, then you only receive notifications when it pulls/syncs. So if you have your POP account to sync every hour, then you shouldn't be surprised if it takes an hour. But who uses POP anymore?
    I setup gmail on the hub...not using gmail app. It is setup automatically by blackberry..so not sure if it's IMAP or POP. But at any rate, in the account setting under hub, you can see you have couple options... one is push enabled (which I selected) but also sync interval (which I set to an hour).

Based on the previous advice I received from c_bryant...to not set interval to never.

Again, I didn't have any issues with my previous setup..until several days ago when it started with the delays.
    03-31-16 07:24 PM
    I started experiencing a similar problem yesterday. My phone is new...I just purchased it Friday, and all 3 of my gmail accounts worked correctly in the Hub through the weekend...performing exactly the way that they did on my Q10. Yesterday, I noticed gmail messages that were hitting my desktop were not hitting my phone. I did a good bit of troubleshooting yesterday, using tips and suggestions found online, with little success. Also notable is that I am now unable to SEND email from the Hub. A test message that I sent from the Hub last night was still attempting to send when I woke up this morning. I am receiving emails this morning, on all 3 accounts, but at a much slower response time than before yesterday.

I really do not want to use the gmail app, as the Hub is one of my favorite features of Blackberry, so if anyone here has other suggestions for trouble-shooting, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
    04-05-16 09:17 AM
    I can see a delay too. If I go in and manually refresh from Setting > Accounts, then it appear.

My Note 5 also has the BlackBerry Hub but there's no delay there.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-05-16 09:21 AM
    Yep, definitely isses with email push on hub. I've seen this issue since late Feb. The thing is, some days emails show up quicker in my Hub than my gmail inbox. Other days, I go the entire day and don't get any new notifications. I don't even know I have email missing until I sit down at my computer and home and log on. I've had it happen with my two gmail accounts and my ISP IMAP based email. The only account I've never had a problem with is my Outlook.com. I've tried all of the fixes that have popped up in CrackBerry.com, including changing my sync interval to different values, but that drains my battery more quickly. Gmail and my ISP IMAP supports push, so that SHOULD WORK PROPERLY. A workaround I use is I go a few hours and haven't received an new email notification, I manually go into hub and refresh (if I remember).

I must reiterate that somedays, the hub is perfect, other days, notta. I do not know what I am doing differently on the days it works vs. the days it doesn't.
    04-05-16 04:05 PM
    Having these kind of issues today, as well. Restarting the phone caused me to receive emails I had missed throughout the entire day. Is there any permanent way to trust gmail push better to the hub? I never, ever thought twice about this for the last good part of a decade using BIS - and it really causes alarm now as missed emails can really hurt my business.
    04-27-16 09:42 PM
    After updating to Marshmallow many apps may need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled to work.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-27-16 10:15 PM
    After updating to Marshmallow many apps may need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled to work.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    I can imagine...but im still waiting on MM.... I just cannot deal with rechecking emails through other methods each day wondering if my sync is actually working...

I took C_bryant's instruction and turned on sync intervals (for 5 min for me) on each gmail hub account, as he stated it really will have a negligible effect on battery life...and, i hope i understood him correctly, but it will be a backup, of some sort, to get the email to the phone in case the push support is not functioning for some reason... (mine has really been this entire week, unless i restart the phone)
    04-29-16 12:37 PM
    You should not have to re-install anything after MM update. At all.

JWW what did you say about your sync this week?
    04-29-16 07:55 PM
    You should not have to re-install anything after MM update. At all.

JWW what did you say about your sync this week?
    C_bryant, sorry, just that push support had not been functioning consistently really for the entire week, unless i restart the phone. I did clear cache today and didnt wait to see if that would work; i also immediately changed all email accounts to sync every 5 min. If that really does not lessen my battery life beyond something negligible, then I am great with that...
    04-29-16 09:50 PM
    PM me if you're still seeing push seem to falter. I'd like to get logs so we can do an investigation.
    akusnowo likes this.
    04-30-16 10:05 AM
    hate to bring back an old thread, but i am seeing similar issues recently. push was working instantly and as expected up til maybe 2 weeks ago; now i'm seeing a delay for a few minutes. is this server side, connection based, or something wrong with the blackberry hub?
    07-11-16 02:56 PM
    When you say a few minutes can you describe roughly how long you're seeing? What is your email sync interval set to? Can you also go into...

System settings - accounts - Google - and tell me if any of the toggles show or refer to an error there?
    07-11-16 06:01 PM