I've been having a problem with my Gmail account in the hub where my emails were not coming through immediately, or at all until I refreshed the hub. I've tried all different settings within the hub, and even tried the Gmail app instead - still no instant email.

Well I think I have it working in the hub now, emails are coming through instantly. From what I can see, I need the "sync email" option on to achieve this. Even though the sync interval is set to never, this seems to be the only thing that works. It wasn't working the way a BlackBerry should with just the "push" option enabled.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 01:06 PM
    This sort of makes sense, although it's awkward in implementation.

When you're using Gmail on a Google Android Device, the notion that you're 'syncing' email is consistent.

When you're using Gmail on a non-google OS Device, you are definitely 'pushing' email, as you're sending it to a different OS and a different application.
    11-17-15 01:37 PM
    Interesting, I have completely disabled the Gmail app sync, but the Hub is syncing very well (mails arrive immediately for all addresses (one Gmail, two Office365 accounts)).

The Hub is the biggest surprise for me, coming from Android. There are other 3rd party mail aggregation solutions, but this is the best one I've seen so far, and the first one I'm actually using instead of the original mail apps. No more Gmail for me, and didn't even install Outlook.
    11-17-15 05:12 PM
    I had to remove and add my Office365 Activesync account a couple of times but it appears to be working OK now. I have tried removing and adding my gmail account a number of times with virtually every combination of sync interval, data cache clearing, etc. and the only time I receive email from my gmail account is immediately after adding it. From then on I get nothing.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. I was nervously excited to get the Priv but if I can't get the hub to work properly, I will likely have to go back to my Passport... which works flawlessly.

Also, why did Blackberry even bother to include SMS in the hub? Unless I am missing something it just kicks you out to the "Messages" Android program. Incoming SMS messages don't even show up in my hub. Weird.

*** I spoke too soon! I've been sitting at my desk sending and receiving emails on my Office365 account for the last 30 minutes and nothing is getting updated on on my Priv. It's hard to imagine working with this device if I can't reliably send and receive email ***
    Last edited by RCM78; 11-18-15 at 03:12 PM.
    11-18-15 02:49 PM
    Is IMAP the best option then? I'm using pop3

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 03:06 PM
    Since email was working so inconsistently, I did a factory reset on my Priv yesterday morning. Once that was complete, I updated every app and service on the phone. I then set up my email accounts directly in the hub using the best mix of suggestions that I have been able to find on here. Throughout the day I sent test emails from my Office365 account to my gmail account and vice versa. Everything was working perfectly. Emails were being sent and received instantly. I thought "problem solved!".

This morning I got up and did another set of test emails out of curiosity. The test email from gmail to Office365 came through instantly but the email from Office365 took almost 20 minutes to come through and when it finally did, I received gmail emails from the previous 7 hours. So the problem persists. Gmail does not play well with the hub. I'm not sure what the next step is. Wait for service and app updates I guess.
    11-20-15 11:06 AM
    Since email was working so inconsistently, I did a factory reset on my Priv yesterday morning. Once that was complete, I updated every app and service on the phone. I then set up my email accounts directly in the hub using the best mix of suggestions that I have been able to find on here. Throughout the day I sent test emails from my Office365 account to my gmail account and vice versa. Everything was working perfectly. Emails were being sent and received instantly. I thought "problem solved!".

This morning I got up and did another set of test emails out of curiosity. The test email from gmail to Office365 came through instantly but the email from Office365 took almost 20 minutes to come through and when it finally did, I received gmail emails from the previous 7 hours. So the problem persists. Gmail does not play well with the hub. I'm not sure what the next step is. Wait for service and app updates I guess.
    Wondering if you can provide me with a few details to help understand the problem a bit better...

1) I'm assuming you're already on version 1.1 of the Hub and BB Services?
    2) Are you attempting to sync any folders with either your Office365 accounts or Gmail accounts?
    3) Did you use Content Transfer at all to transfer your text messages? Sounds like you didn't, but thought I'd ask anyway
    11-20-15 11:14 AM

You might hang tight - there seems to be a hub issue this morning. Several people are having it including me. Mine has been working fine, but then last night mine all stopped and are still stopped. I get no email in hub at all.
    11-20-15 11:16 AM
    Wondering if you can provide me with a few details to help understand the problem a bit better...

1) I'm assuming you're already on version 1.1 of the Hub and BB Services?
    2) Are you attempting to sync any folders with either your Office365 accounts or Gmail accounts?
    3) Did you use Content Transfer at all to transfer your text messages? Sounds like you didn't, but thought I'd ask anyway
    To answer your questions:

1) I am on version 1.1.0.4753 of the Hub and 1.1.0.29142 of BlackBerry Services.
    2) The only folders that are being synced are the ones that you can't "un-sync". In Office365 these are Inbox and Sent Items. In gmail these are Inbox, Drafts, and Sent.
    3) I did not use Content Transfer after I did the factory reset. I used it originally when I first got the phone but after my hub email wasn't working properly I read on these forums that it is not advisable to use it.
    11-20-15 11:30 AM
    You might hang tight - there seems to be a hub issue this morning. Several people are having it including me. Mine has been working fine, but then last night mine all stopped and are still stopped. I get no email in hub at all.
    The really strange thing is that now it seems to be working properly again. I can send and receive to and from both accounts and the emails come right through. It is terrifying to me that I may sporadically not receive emails. Missing emails is not an option for me as a business owner... hence the reason why I have only ever used Blackberry devices. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day since I will be around my PC. If it is inconsistent at all I may switch back over to my Passport for the weekend.
    11-20-15 11:34 AM
    The really strange thing is that now it seems to be working properly again. I can send and receive to and from both accounts and the emails come right through. It is terrifying to me that I may sporadically not receive emails. Missing emails is not an option for me as a business owner... hence the reason why I have only ever used Blackberry devices. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day since I will be around my PC. If it is inconsistent at all I may switch back over to my Passport for the weekend.
    Reach out to me at [email protected]. I'd like to get some logs for your device as I've got an defect raised for the team to look at. We want your mail flow to be absolutely reliable!
    11-20-15 03:29 PM