Hi all . . . my Gmail email and calendar sync flawlessly both ways, from Priv to Gmail and Gmail to Priv. However, the contacts are not quite syncing completely . . . any newly added contact in Gmail or Priv contacts syncs no problem within minutes, but if I EDIT an existing contact, it doesn't seem to ever sync whether I edit in Gmail or on my Priv. Anyone else get this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-28-16 05:28 PM
    No one else notice this? New contacts sync, editted ones don't.

03-29-16 07:41 PM
    I don't use Gmail contacts. Only Exchange. And those are working well.

03-31-16 04:39 AM
    No one else notice this? New contacts sync, editted ones don't.

Gmail seems to have some funky timing associated with it re: how long things take to sync back for both Calendar and Contacts. If you wait a period of time (not that you should have to - just for sake of issue characterization), do you see the update eventually take place?
    03-31-16 11:54 AM
    Gmail seems to have some funky timing associated with it re: how long things take to sync back for both Calendar and Contacts. If you wait a period of time (not that you should have to - just for sake of issue characterization), do you see the update eventually take place?
    You might not be the person to ask but....

How does Gmail (or yahoo, outlook) determine which side takes precedence? Most RECENT change whether Delete, New-Contact, or edit-contact?

I've always been a bit suspicious of Syncing. And about a year ago, Verizon did me wrong! I used their app and for whatever reason, they had only about 6 of my contacts in their Cloud. Well, those six over-wrote all of my contacts (about 170) leaving me with just the SIX. Luckily, I had another backup copy but I can tell you I was not very happy! I saw no option to say which side took precedence. I expected my 170 to add to the cloud side. Oh, well....
    03-31-16 01:37 PM