When I set up my BB Hub, I entered my gmail email account. Afterward, I saw an icon of Outlook with the name of my Gamil account. Not idea how and it is missing now.

How do I get it back? I have disabled the Gmail app because I noticed that when I received an email, I have notifications on both icons ( Hub and Gamil app) but after I read my email in either, the notification of the other one would not go away.
    Last edited by mis3; 08-20-16 at 07:04 PM.
    08-20-16 06:24 PM
    Open Hub and in the top-left corner you'll see three short horizontal lines. Tap this icon and a menu will slide out from the left. Do you see your Gmail account listed here under Accounts?
    08-20-16 08:23 PM
    Open Hub and in the top-left corner you'll see three short horizontal lines. Tap this icon and a menu will slide out from the left. Do you see your Gmail account listed here under Accounts?
    Yes. I see my gmail emails in the hub. I want to Outlook icon for Gmail emails. I had it because I set up the hub but it is missiing now.
    08-20-16 11:13 PM
    When I set up my BB Hub, I entered my gmail email account. Afterward, I saw an icon of Outlook with the name of my Gamil account. Not idea how and it is missing now.

How do I get it back? I have disabled the Gmail app because I noticed that when I received an email, I have notifications on both icons ( Hub and Gamil app) but after I read my email in either, the notification of the other one would not go away.
    Apologies: I don't have an answer to your query, but can say that if you turned off notifications for the Gmail App that it would prevent double notifications.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 12:01 AM

Open Hub, go to the top left hand side menu, then go to Settings (gear icon). In here, pick your email account - your Gmail. Just above notification settings you'll see an option "creates home screen shortcut" I believe this is what you're after.

It's not the actual outlook logo, its just a white envelope. I would imagine if BlackBerry were to use the outlook logo there might be a few issues with microsoft.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    FF22 likes this.
    08-21-16 01:04 AM
    Open Hub, go to the top left hand side menu, then go to Settings (gear icon). In here, pick your email account - your Gmail. Just above notification settings you'll see an option "creates home screen shortcut" I believe this is what you're after.
    Exactly what I want. Thanks.
    Too bad te notifications of hub and Gmail hub are not in sync.
    08-21-16 09:21 AM
    Exactly what I want. Thanks.
    Too bad te notifications of hub and Gmail hub are not in sync.
    How do you mean not in sync?
    08-21-16 02:37 PM
    How do you mean not in sync?
    When I receive an gmail email, the Priv would show 2 notifications: hub and gmail app. Once I read the email in gmail app, the notification of gmail app will disappear but the notification on the hub would remain.
    08-21-16 04:08 PM
    When I receive an gmail email, the Priv would show 2 notifications: hub and gmail app. Once I read the email in gmail app, the notification of gmail app will disappear but the notification on the hub would remain.
    Do you need the Gmail account being retrieved by both the Hub and the separate Gmail app? I rely on just the hub and don't use the gmail account but there may be a reason to have both active and downloading.
    08-21-16 04:40 PM
    The dismissal won't be immediate, but should disappear after a period of time as we do keep the notifications up to date with syncs as they occur over time. Why not just disable sync of the Gmail app entirely, or only have your Gmail account integrated in one or the other? Then you won't have to deal with duplicate notifications.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-22-16 04:20 PM
    I presume like many, my gmail account from the HUB disappeared. Trying to re-create it, it says it already exists.
    I follow your instructions of the hub and 3 horizontal lines, I do not see the account. I try adding the account in the settings and it tells me:
    "Duplicate account. You're already using this username fo the account "(gmail)@gmail.com"
    Cannot get out of the loop.
    The GMAIL app works OK, but I do not want to use it. I want the HUB to be my main and only email manager.
    Thanks for your advice
    gminionis
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 09-09-16 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Personal details
    09-09-16 12:38 PM
    I presume like many, my gmail account from the HUB disappeared. Trying to re-create it, it says it already exists.
    I follow your instructions of the hub and 3 horizontal lines, I do not see the account. I try adding the account in the settings and it tells me:
    "Duplicate account. You're already using this username fo the account "(gmail)@gmail.com"
    Cannot get out of the loop.
    The GMAIL app works OK, but I do not want to use it. I want the HUB to be my main and only email manager.
    Thanks for your advice
    gminionis
    Fix is on the way. In the meantime you can try going into your account settings for the email account that disappeared - editing, re-entering the password, and hitting save. OR try restarting the device.
    09-09-16 01:23 PM
    Restarting three times was obviously the first attempt to fix. No good.
    I cannot edit or re-enter the gmail account because it does not appear anywhere in the BB Settings/Accounts or HUB. It is hidden somewhere I cannot access.
    I am happy to know the issue is being addressed since you say a "Fix is on the way".
    09-09-16 03:01 PM
    I may add something,.... I was able to find the account. When I request to place a shortcut on the homescreen it does, but it directs it to another Outlook account I have on the HUB.
    Very odd.
    When I try to delete the account it does nothing.
    Thanks again for your help.
    09-09-16 03:19 PM
    Did you get the update on Friday? There was a fix in there for the missing account issue.
    09-11-16 06:40 PM