I put the glass tempered curved screen protector on my Priv for extra protection, but it seems to have a gap and I have to push really hard at certain times to go to home or an app. Would one of those floppy screen protectors suffice? They wouldn't cover the edge of the glass though. Do I need a screen protector with the gorilla glass? I just don't want it to get all scratched. Hope to keep this phone for a long time!
    03-20-16 06:07 PM
    which one did you buy? I just ordered one from Amazon, from shinefuture, hope it's good

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 08:14 AM
    Unless the glass protector really adheres well to all areas of the screen, I can see that being a problem. Glass is somewhat rigid and will not necessarily touch the underlying screen uniformly. I gather most are held on by the edges and not the entire surface.

I've got a Ghost Armor protector and a fluid is used over the entire screen and protector to get it to adhere. It does curve around the curved edges of the screen covering almost completely. It was professionally installed at a mall kiosk - I did not install it.

I do speculate as to whether a glass protector would be better protection from a drop where the glass protector would take the first hit if the phone fell on an object whereas a soft/vinyl type would not be so protective. But the soft ones are mainly meant to protect from scuffs and scratches.
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    04-17-16 09:18 AM
    I had one of those and it caused a clicking sound because of the gap. I got the ClearPlex one put on at Best Buy and that worked perfect. They had it done in 10 min(I let the phone sit for an hour after tho) and it wrapped around the sides. At first it felt a little rubbery but after time it smoothed out. Plus it has lifetime warranty.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 10:54 AM
    How big a gap are you talking? I have had mine a few days now, I'm pleased with it... I'd say I don't even know its on now I'm that used to it...

double check your fit too, I put mine on using the bottom ridge as a guide, I then noticed the top was sticking over the top edge of the phone.... It's a very close fit it has to really touch up against that bottom ridge..

I'd imagine if I took it off I'd no doubt think it feels better and touch sensitivity is better but it's for protection at the end of the day so I expect it to be a tiny bit worse than using the phone naked

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-16 02:03 PM
    Forget it, all of the Priv glass screen protectors are made by the same guys, and just rebadged with different names.

They're crap quality, don't fit right, don't adhere well.

Just don't bother with glass for the Priv.

Get one of the wet application screen protectors, I personally prefer skinomi, but there are other good brands out there as well.

Posted via a Priv on an NDA protected software version.
    04-17-16 02:54 PM
    I have the Skinomi. Installed it myself and it works great. Was a little rubbery the first day but then "hardened" and feels like the actual glass to me. Sides are adhered well too. Installation was easy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    04-17-16 03:08 PM
    I bought the Olixar one. It sticks pretty well, although it was tough to install and felt more rubbery in the beginning.

I am glad I've got something on the screen rather than nothing.

вℓαквєяяу ρяιν
    04-19-16 07:57 AM
    I have the skinomi, it did nothing when I dropped my phone, and the curved edge hit the nightstand. When screen prices come down I'll replace it and look for a real glass one for more protection,
    04-19-16 08:24 AM
    Two things to think about when looking for glass protector for a curvy screen:
    - The curve screens are not uniformed. One would be slightly different from the others. It's just the nature of glass production.
    - The protector, for the same reason, would be very hard to be made to curve exactly to match the curve of the screen, not to mention that it would come from another producer but not the original screen maker. The solution is a thicker layer of silicon underneath to compensate for this difference. But this only help if the gap is a few micrometers. When the gap is too big, there's no help and some may think that there's not enough glue or glue at all in certain area.
    When there is only that Sikai guy producing it, I don't think there will be improvement soon.

I was looking for a tempered glass protector for my PP, and it took that guy several different batches and about 4 month to get a batch that did not leave the edge gap and covered enough of the display area without any shortage. That was for a flat screen. Now for the curve screen, I don't think there will be a good one. I had given up and went for a plastic one plus a folio leather case.

Posted from my Passport
    04-19-16 08:46 AM
    For me the screen protector for the curved screens is more of saving it from scratches from dust and sand.

If I have to save it against drops, I'd rather have a case. Like @littlebuf stated, it's really hard to have the glass protector do the job for curved screens.
    04-19-16 08:44 PM
    The use of Amazfit verge smartwatch tempered glass protect the screen from break up and unusual scratches. It is easy to use and coated with stgrong silicon adhesive.
    01-30-19 07:02 AM