I broke the glass on my priv, my own fault. I ordered a glass replacement, no one will replace it. Any suggestions on where to send it? I have called shops all over Las Vegas while I was home. Back at work and no one around Midland Odessa will touch it unless I replace the digitizer also. Suggestions? Definitely won't go back to keycrap.
    12-24-17 09:43 AM
    No one will replace it because its not possible without also getting a new digitizer, most of which will include the glass, as it's only a couple of bucks anyways, as you already know.

The glass screen can't be removed from the digitizer without the screen more than likely breaking both glass and digitizer once bonded and completely sealed, usually with commercial, permanent adhesive. Complete surface glued.

You would have to pick at it. The little broken bits. It's possible to do, maybe with extreme care with highly skilled hands but the risk too much for a job, as the loss is the digitizer itself and even then it'll still likely break, as it's not meant to be removed. Permanent.

With a heat gun and experience breaking them, there's a very tiny chance, but with a will, there's a way and it is your phone and your digitizer, right?

I think I just wasted time for both of us.
    Peter MacCabe likes this.
    12-24-17 05:09 PM
    I broke the glass on my priv, my own fault. I ordered a glass replacement, no one will replace it. Any suggestions on where to send it? I have called shops all over Las Vegas while I was home. Back at work and no one around Midland Odessa will touch it unless I replace the digitizer also. Suggestions? Definitely won't go back to keycrap.
    That was a very expensive repair and I doubt if parts are still available. You probably need to replace the phone.
    12-26-17 08:03 AM
    try this: never use them before... look like very pricy. RepairStore
    knibbeone likes this.
    12-26-17 08:27 AM
    I have the part, the glass is 18.00. The trick is finding the person to replace it
    12-26-17 10:27 AM
    At this point, you can replace the device for around $200. If shop charges around $100, I'd pay the extra for a replacement device.
    12-26-17 12:34 PM
    At this point, you can replace the device for around $200. If shop charges around $100, I'd pay the extra for a replacement device.
    Worth it. Then you'd also be getting loads of spare parts to backup your main Priv
    12-26-17 12:36 PM
    You can get the digitizer assembly for about $200, but as noted, it's not worth it.

It IS possible to separate the glass, but it's a ridiculously difficult, time-consuming and risk-fraught process -- IMHO it's not worth it and no shop will attempt it as the odds of destroying the digitizer, display or both are extremely high, never mind what the labor charge would look like given the time required.
    12-26-17 08:43 PM
    Used digitizers exist too.

I'm guessing there are many broken Privs with screens still looking good for sale for cheap. Could try looking there and merge the two phones Franken style. Get it?

1 good phone > 2 broken phones
    01-04-18 03:10 PM
    83 euros whole screen assembly on aliexpress.com

i have installed and it's working good, 5 minutes job
    01-05-18 02:40 PM