I don't know if any of you guys actually follow my stories here? From me switching to the Passport classic priv leap q10 q5 z10 z30 p9982 Nextbit and most recently iPhone 6s.
    The reason I got the 6s was for ft an im cause my family are die hard apple fans and didn't want to download BBM so I caved. But recently I got back on fb and since everyone has fb and figure I'll use their services and for video and im
    When I first got the Priv I left everything as is but as of recently I started messing around with themes and other apps and I'm enjoying the priv like if I just got it can't put it down. Ever since MM and the updates that BlackBerry has been pushing I'm so feeling this phone a lot more. I'm thinking of getting the dtek60 when it goes on sale the only con is see is the glass back so I'll have to get a case for and I am also stoked for the mercury. What I learned though is I just have to wait for sales to purchase them cause at the end of the day they all work flawlessly in my opinion. I like what BlackBerry has done with android out the box, having access to apps is great but having to download an app for everything is a headache that was one of the things I enjoyed on bb10 once you powered on you had everything you needed working and didn't have to go crazy downloading apps.
    I like that BlackBerry is continously updating their apps. The virtual kb with the swipe type is nice I enjoy and the swipe to delete is a plus but it doesn't work as well as it should for me I hope they continue to work on it
    11-29-16 03:16 AM
    It is a great device. Keep after your family about bbm. The cross platform video calling is really easy and a great feature. Plus signing up for bbm is a lot easier now that you can use your phone number.

I can feel your pain when it comes to an apple family. Mine is the same way, but they have downloaded bbm. Since they are scattered over the USA, the video calling feature is a great way to stay connected.
    11-29-16 07:00 AM
    I'm using the Priv again after shattering my iPhone 6s Plus screen last night. I had a glass screen protector on it but it failed after taking a massive fall face down on pavement. I've owned very iPhone since the iPhone 4 and this is the first time I've ever cracked a screen. I like my Priv as well as my iPhone. So, no harm either way.
    11-29-16 08:58 AM
    I'm using the Priv again after shattering my iPhone 6s Plus screen last night. I had a glass screen protector on it but it failed after taking a massive fall face down on pavement. I've owned very iPhone since the iPhone 4 and this is the first time I've ever cracked a screen. I like my Priv as well as my iPhone. So, no harm either way.
    Sorry about your broken screen. Are they replaceable on that phone for a reasonable price?
    11-29-16 09:27 AM
    Sorry about your broken screen. Are they replaceable on that phone for a reasonable price?
    $149 at Apple Store. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar for Thurs. Not too bad. But, I'm pissed that the glass screen protector didn't work. I should have had a better case on it as well. But, I was being hard headed at the time and it just fell out of my pocket face down on the pavement. I decided not to buy Apple Care on it for $99 at the time because I was being cheap and I've never broken a screen on any of my devices. With my next purchase, iPhone 8, in 2017, I'll buy Apple Care. The phone still works great and I can still type on it. So, at least it's only the glass that's shattered. Glad I bought the Priv and kept it. I've been using it on wifi in the mornings to catch up on email, etc. I bought an Apple Watch 2 for Black Fri. Otherwise, I'd just keep using the Priv as my main device. My friends tell me that I'm just confused. But, I love tech and always want to try new devices.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-29-16 09:37 AM
    $149 at Apple Store. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar for Thurs. Not too bad. But, I'm pissed that the glass screen protector didn't work. I should have had a better case on it as well. But, I was being hard headed at the time and it just fell out of my pocket face down on the pavement. I decided not to buy Apple Care on it for $99 at the time because I was being cheap and I've never broken a screen on any of my devices. With my next purchase, iPhone 8, in 2017, I'll buy Apple Care. The phone still works great and I can still type on it. So, at least it's only the glass that's shattered. Glad I bought the Priv and kept it. I've been using it on wifi in the mornings to catch up on email, etc. I bought an Apple Watch 2 for Black Fri. Otherwise, I'd just keep using the Priv as my main device. My friends tell me that I'm just confused. But, I love tech and always want to try new devices.
    I have always thought that a glass screen protector would absorb/dissipate a certain level of impact but obviously a "penetrating" blow (raised gravel or stone in the concrete or sidewalk) might still make it through. Whereas a vinyl protector would really only prevent scratching as the glass is "right there" with nothing in between to take some of the force.

But compared to the approx $300 for the Priv screen - that's not bad.

Insurance is such a balancing act.
    11-29-16 11:56 AM