All I know is if I say "star wars trailer" it comes right up ready to play.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    If you have a rock-solid data connection.

I've used the Android operating system for two years now on a Samsung. I switched from a Blackberry due to the better camera. In my opinion, the Android system is designed for adolescents who want a toy, not for adults who want to get things done. I was looking forward to replacing that pile of junk with another Blackberry.

Take today, for instance. I made some cornbread for dinner. I popped it in the oven and set the timer on the phone for 20 minutes. About ten minutes later, I checked the timer, and according to it, only about 16 seconds had elapsed. It had decided to stop on its own. Most of the applications are like that -- they all periodically decide to do something else, all on their own. The "voice control" is worthless unless you have a rock solid connection -- even walking into a store can cause it to fail.

After 25+ years in software, the Android operating system makes me think fondly of Windows 2000 -- something that I never thought would happen.

If Blackberry is truly jumping on the Android train, I'll wave goodbye at the station.
    12-06-15 09:11 PM
    Windows mobile is as dead as BlackBerry 10 devices in my opinion. Unless they close the app gap they will also go by the way side.
    Technically not as dead, they have way more users than BB10.
    12-06-15 09:29 PM
    The new Lumias get some pretty lousy reviews. Windows 10 for phones is a construction site, there are no apps and the phones are plastic bombers.
    12-06-15 10:56 PM
    Hey look guys, he's saying negative stuff about the Priv!!

Unbelievable, can't believe the bias. This user should be banned and hanged.
    That's what I was thinking.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    12-06-15 10:59 PM
    Can't take one example to say you won't like Android. Theres so much alternatives and they only restricted themselves to voice search.

On another note Windows mobile will never have support from developers. You're going to be stuck with apps that is outdated a.k.a BB10 apps. Microsoft mentioned lately that they won't be bringing Android support to Windows platform anytime soon.
    Microsoft has a bridge for iOS for ports. The Android ecosystem is lower quality and filled with malware.

More importantly, Microsoft is pursuing universal apps. These run on your phone or on your desktop with only minor differences other than UI. Developers who make custom universal apps for Windows 10 will be able to release them for Windows 10 Mobile with little extra effort.

The real challenge for Windows 10 Mobile is whether it will be swallowed by Windows 10. There's a rumored "surface phone" coming later this year that will run Windows 10 on an Intel Processor, so basically, a full PC in your hand.

If MS is able to leverage their desktop ecosystem for mobile, they should have a much, much better app library than Android within the next couple of years.

Android may be able to compete with next gen efforts, but it's last gen. Google's attempt to merge it with ChromeOS may help, but it's not mobile computing, it's really just mobile and as great as the present looks for Android, the future looks like it should be limited to low and mid-tier devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:22 AM
    Windows mobile is as dead as BlackBerry 10 devices in my opinion. Unless they close the app gap they will also go by the way side.
    They have the best app ecosystem in computing. Universal apps allows them to bring that to mobile easily. Furthermore, they have a bridge for porting iOS apps. They threw away their Android bridge/runtime because who want to run crappy Android apps and it hurts their own ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:24 AM
    The new Lumias get some pretty lousy reviews. Windows 10 for phones is a construction site, there are no apps and the phones are plastic bombers.
    Lumia 950XL is a much better phone than the Priv. The app store is fairly bare, but it's about quality not quantity. Universal apps are coming along nicely. My guess is, however, that we'll simply be running Windows 10 on Intel processors by the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:27 AM
    I was thinking of going the Windows route, but the edge browser is horrible (at least as it runs on my Lumia 920 and the latest developer release). Even worse is that many of the problems only show up after extended us - like I'm reading a lengthy Web page and it just ends mid-way through the article with a blank 1/2 page. Sometimes scrolling up/down will remind it to download more content, but other times, nothing will.

Funny, Edge is one of the reasons I bought a Lumia 950XL. I think it's great on both desktop and mobile -- same code base. It's the fastest I've ever seen a mobile browser. But, I believe you when you say it isn't working on some of the older devices. That's too bad. I'd be ticked at MS, too.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 12:30 AM
    Lumia 950XL is a much better phone than the Priv. The app store is fairly bare, but it's about quality not quantity. Universal apps are coming along nicely. My guess is, however, that we'll simply be running Windows 10 on Intel processors by the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    That is funny because people say outlook on android is better than it is on windows phone. Much better is an exaggeration. I have one at work and there's things that W10 cannot do that android can do. I for one will not even consider W10 since I cannot locate transit stops and access schedules as well as banking apps. For a platform that is full of uncertainty just like BB10 I hope it works out better since MS has money to pump into it.
    12-07-15 12:48 AM
    That is funny because people say outlook on android is better than it is on windows phone. Much better is an exaggeration. I have one at work and there's things that W10 cannot do that android can do. I for one will not even consider W10 since I cannot locate transit stops and access schedules as well as banking apps. For a platform that is full of uncertainty just like BB10 I hope it works out better since MS has money to pump into it.
    Outlook on Android sucks (IMHO). Tried it 3 different times over 6 mos, and always uninstalled it in disgust. Periodic hangs when loading new email, and it tries to render rich text which often results in microscopic font sizes and having to zoom and scroll around to read the mail. It also had problems with certain attachments (don't recall which ones).

I liked outlook on Windows phone, but BlackBerry's email and calendar on the Priv are WAY better than any email app that I have tried and is one of the main reasons I bought it. I just don't understand why more android users don't complain about the sucky email app situation (they complain about everything else).

12-07-15 08:12 PM
    They have the best app ecosystem in computing. Universal apps allows them to bring that to mobile easily. Furthermore, they have a bridge for porting iOS apps. They threw away their Android bridge/runtime because who want to run crappy Android apps and it hurts their own ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    Universal apps won't help bring more apps to Windows 10 Mobile. Desktop PC users don't need Store apps and don't use them. Desktop PC users use x86 and x64 programs. Nobody is going to use a Starbucks app or a banking app on a PC. As long as mobile market share remains low, Starbucks and banks will have no incentive to bother with Windows 10 Mobile apps.
    12-07-15 10:48 PM
    Funny, Edge is one of the reasons I bought a Lumia 950XL. I think it's great on both desktop and mobile -- same code base. It's the fastest I've ever seen a mobile browser. But, I believe you when you say it isn't working on some of the older devices. That's too bad. I'd be ticked at MS, too.

Posted via CB10
    The worst thing about Edge is its lack of support for any extensions. That means no adblock.

Windows 10 Mobile is very limited in terms of browsers: no Firefox, no Chrome, Opera is nothing like the Android version.
    12-07-15 10:51 PM
37 12