Hi all!

I just bought a used BB Priv on ebay with 16 months warranty left. For some reason I always activate the developer function "Show touches". At first I didn't notice anything strange, but now I can see short ghost touches for example in the Android Settings main screen. If I scroll there, touch one option, go back, scroll and touch again, I can see a short touch approx. 1cm above my real screen touch. Am I the only one with that problem? Please don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt, but I had a "Droid 4" before with a defect digitizer after some months which sometimes showed the same result. As the touchscreen reacts VERY good, I suppose it could be a firmware error.

So, anyone with the same issue? It would be very nice, if you could test that!

Thank you very much and BR,
    k-meleon
    03-15-18 01:00 PM
    Hi all!

I just bought a used BB Priv on ebay with 16 months warranty left. For some reason I always activate the developer function "Show touches". At first I didn't notice anything strange, but now I can see short ghost touches for example in the Android Settings main screen. If I scroll there, touch one option, go back, scroll and touch again, I can see a short touch approx. 1cm above my real screen touch. Am I the only one with that problem? Please don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt, but I had a "Droid 4" before with a defect digitizer after some months which sometimes showed the same result. As the touchscreen reacts VERY good, I suppose it could be a firmware error.

So, anyone with the same issue? It would be very nice, if you could test that!

Thank you very much and BR,
    k-meleon
    Where are you located? Are you sure about that warranty?
    03-15-18 01:36 PM
    I'm located in Germany. If you buy an item here, you'll normally get a warranty/guarantee of 24 months unless the manufacturer restricts that period of time. Apple products for example only have 12 months warranty. Probably Blackberry restricts that warranty too...
    Last edited by k-meleon; 03-15-18 at 05:21 PM.
    03-15-18 04:59 PM
    I'm located in Germany. If you buy an item here, you'll normally get a warranty/guarantee of 24 months unless the manufacturer restricts that period of time. Apple products for example only have 12 months warranty. Probably Blackberry restricts that warranty too...
    Typically, BB warranties from the original BB were non-transferable if memory serves me correctly.
    03-15-18 06:02 PM