Facebook and Messenger as you start using are huge DATA hogs. I ended up deleting Facebook and replaced with SWIPE PRO an outstanding Facebook client app. Data and battery drain now next to nil with Swipe PRO.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    12-23-16 11:43 PM
    People assume that high memory use is bad, when it's actually good! The more full your RAM is the better. People become obsessed with reducing RAM usage, using Greenify (and other useless task killers), when they are actually causing more harm than good.
    All true and accurate - but I'm going to take exception to your earlier statement that it makes a HUGE difference. Nowhere near huge.
    12-24-16 06:19 AM
    LOL! Try it again. It actually makes using Android more stress free. It's one less thing to do. Just hit the home button when you're done with an app and forget about it. The same actually applies for iOS.

People assume that high memory use is bad, when it's actually good! The more full your RAM is the better. People become obsessed with reducing RAM usage, using Greenify (and other useless task killers), when they are actually causing more harm than good.

Read this:

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/closin...-things-worse/
    So, I tried this and I didn't see an improvement in my battery performance. It actually did the opposite. The article and reasons seems sound, but it's not working out that way for me. I reverted to my usual practice and it's back to normal.
    Now, I didn't have poor battery performance to begin with as I am very happy with it, but I was just curious to see it it could improve.
    Interestingly I didn't see any improvement either with how fast apps open if they were left in the recent.
    12-29-16 02:54 PM
    So, I tried this and I didn't see an improvement in my battery performance. It actually did the opposite. The article and reasons seems sound, but it's not working out that way for me. I reverted to my usual practice and it's back to normal.
    Now, I didn't have poor battery performance to begin with as I am very happy with it, but I was just curious to see it it could improve.
    Interestingly I didn't see any improvement either with how fast apps open if they were left in the recent.
    This. I too gave it a try, and didn't see much difference in battery life. I also noticed that the apps seemed to 'wake up' at the same rate as when I opened them fresh - it's somewhat disconcerting to see a white, blank screen while waiting for an app to display its info... Also, the apps relocated themselves to different spots in the mosaic every time - I understand that this is probably by design, but I think I prefer going to my homescreen, where I know where each app is.
    12-29-16 09:59 PM
    This. I too gave it a try, and didn't see much difference in battery life. I also noticed that the apps seemed to 'wake up' at the same rate as when I opened them fresh - it's somewhat disconcerting to see a white, blank screen while waiting for an app to display its info... Also, the apps relocated themselves to different spots in the mosaic every time - I understand that this is probably by design, but I think I prefer going to my homescreen, where I know where each app is.
    I use the Rolodex format for RECENTS that displays in the order mostly recently used and progresses back from there. I was never fond of the tiles or other.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    12-29-16 10:33 PM
    The difference in wake up time is pretty negligible.I tired it for a bit, but it was counter productive in that I have most apps restricted so they can't use cellular data in the background. Without closing the apps, they were never background, so continued to use cellular data on their own.
    Didn't notice much difference in battery either way, but a big difference in data usage. If I were in an area with mediocre cell coverage, I'm pretty sure the additional data usage would have had an adverse impact on battery.
    12-30-16 06:07 AM
    My priv has been very reliable woitth battery life.

3 days straight, starting from 6 am... it lasts to 10 pm or even mode if I use it less.

In comparison with my previous Q10, this battery is monstrous and I cannot be happier
    12-30-16 07:40 AM
    I managed to get around 5 to 7 hours screen on time. It really depends what apps you install and how use them (syncing).
    12-30-16 09:21 AM
    My priv has been very reliable woitth battery life.

3 days straight, starting from 6 am... it lasts to 10 pm or even mode if I use it less.

In comparison with my previous Q10, this battery is monstrous and I cannot be happier
    Pretty much my experience as well. My Priv has stellar battery life, and if I just use telephone, SMS, and intermittent WiFi use for quick reading of news and browsing the web, it can last up to three days without a sweat. I use an 8" tablet on the go for extended work on the web and an iPad Air at home. I'd rather do these on a bigger screen anyway.
    01-01-17 08:26 AM
    Just got my PRIV and I gotta get used to it one of the main things is battery life
    The battery, as with all smartphone batteries, requires some time to calibrate for optimal performance. Wait a week or two weeks before passing judgement on the battery. If you are synchronizing lots of email this impacts battery performance until the calibration is complete.
    01-01-17 02:09 PM
    Definitely the battery life of the passport is approximately 25% to 30% superior to the one of the Priv.
    I have the phone about a year and when on GSM I never managed to get a full day ( 9h to 24h ) usually at about 18h I have to plug it to my battery bunk .
    This happened to me only 3 or 4 times when I was using the Passport!
    On WiFi is much better, can last for the day most of the time.
    Isnt that because the Passport has barely any apps for it, so what is really draining the battery??
    01-01-17 02:32 PM
    Isnt that because the Passport has barely any apps for it, so what is really draining the battery??
    No its not the apps !
    It's the phone and Android OS.
    01-02-17 08:04 AM
    No its not the apps !
    It's the phone and Android OS.
    I disagree. It's about how you use the phone. Sure the BlackBerry OS is better than Android. However, there are very few apps available for BlackBerry OS. So if you've got no apps running on your phone, you're naturally going to get way better battery life. How can you debate that?
    01-02-17 08:44 AM
    I disagree. It's about how you use the phone. Sure the BlackBerry OS is better than Android. However, there are very few apps available for BlackBerry OS. So if you've got no apps running on your phone, you're naturally going to get way better battery life. How can you debate that?
    Actually on both phones I use exactly the same apps , Facebook, LinkedIn. Twitter, Shazam . There is really nothing more ....
    01-02-17 08:56 AM
    Actually on both phones I use exactly the same apps , Facebook, LinkedIn. Twitter, Shazam . There is really nothing more ....
    There are a ton of apps that come with the Priv, unless you have done something to each one of them, most of them are are using data, possibly location, and some memory. All of which affects battery life. And it doesn't matter if you never open or use them.
    Every possible thing on Android and each app is turned ON or enabled by default. You have to turn stuff off.
    01-02-17 09:36 AM
40 12