My Priv's coming tomorrow but I've got a meeting later in the day so I'm deciding whether to leave it at home and sort it out when I get back tomorrow night or take it with me and let it do its thing sitting in the car and in my meeting.

I've read a fair bit today about allowing the phone to update itself and settle down, but can this happen without wifi? I've got a hefty monthly data allowance.

Any tips?
    11-09-15 11:29 AM
    my android had updates to load out of the box. it heated up and took a long time. I would leave the new one at home and futz with it later.......unless the Priv is different.
    11-09-15 12:03 PM
    Thanks - will it do that without a sim card in and just over wifi? I guess it will but I know my iphone wouldn't do anything without putting a sim card in first.
    11-09-15 12:26 PM
    The BlackBerry Priv to takes about 15-20 minutes to download and install the BlackBerry Limited updates. I recommend keeping the smartphone plugged in during the update and when finished reboot the device. use WiFi for the updates if possible.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    osbourne one-nil likes this.
    11-10-15 04:07 AM